Sequel: If Not For You
Status: Being cleaned up--currently on chapter 2

Secrets And Lies

"Wait, how the *** do you know?"

Ryan's POV

I'm so happy that Emma finally had her child, Arielle’s just a gorgeous baby...

Wait, wasn't Emma supposed to have twins???

Yeah, she was!!!!! What the hell????

I ran up the hospital hallways, trying to find somebody I knew. I finally ran into Emma herself. "Whoa, slow down there, Ryan, you're going to knock somebody over."

"Emma," I put my hands on my knees as I tried to catch my breath and talk to her at the same time. "Emma, weren't you supposed to have twins?? I could've sworn..."

She smiled at me sadly. "Ryan, one of my children was miscarried. I thought you knew that."

I stood up straight. Holy fucking shit, where the hell have I been? "I'm so sorry, Em, I didn't know that..."

"It's okay, Ry, and you can probably leave for home now, I'm sure your boyfriend is missing you."

"Yeah, I guess I probably-" I cut off quickly, staring at my sister, who had a smile on her face that was no longer sad, more like trying not to laugh.

Wait, BOYFRIEND????? How the hell did she know????? This was supposed to be her moment, not mine, I promised myself that much!!!

Angeline comes tearing around the corner as I start to sputter, "B-b-b-but h-how...w-wh-o..."

"Aw, dammit!!! You told him without me, didn't you?" Angie starts to complain. "You did!!!! Emma, you said we could tell him together!!!"

"I couldn't help it, I just had to!!!" Emma was laughing now, and so was Angie. Wait, they're laughing?? And how the fucking hell did they know???

After about a minute of them laughing and me continuing to sputter, I finally make out a coherent sentence. "Who the hell told you?"

"Spencer." They said to me in unison. Fucking figures, Angie and Spenc are "BFFs", as they call each other. Godfuckingdamnit!!!

"I'm going to murder him when I get home..." I mutter under my breath.

"NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!" Angie falls to her knees and wraps her arms around my legs. "NOOOOO DON'T KILL MY BFF!!!!"

"Okay, okay, fine!!! I won't kill him, now Angie stand up and shut up, we're going to get arrested," I pull my sister's hands off of me, and yank her upwards. People were poking their heads out of their rooms, staring at us. My face feels kinda warm, and Em is blushing like mad. Angie's just smirking. "That's what you get for threatening to kill my BFF. And," she turns to Emma, "that's what you get for telling him without me. My revenge is complete." She smiles and walks off. Emma and I run after her, to where Ray is waiting with Arielle.

I can't help but stop and stare when I see them. Ray is holding her like she's his most prized possession, so carefully as not to break her, but still protectively at the same time. Like he's never going to let anyone get to her, never let anyone hurt her. It's so sweet...it reminds me of how Joncer look at each other

Thinking of Joncer makes me think of Brenny, and how much I miss him. Thinking of how much I miss Brenny makes me think of how sweet he is when we're just hanging out...

When I think about rain, I think about singing
When I think about singing it's a heavenly tune.
When I think about heaven, I think about angels.
When I think about angels, I think about you


Angie pulls her cell phone out of her pocket and looks at the caller ID. Her face breaks into a smile as she answers eagerly. "Heyyyyyy BFF wuz hannenin?" Oh, great, it's Spencer.

Angeline's POV

"Okay, Angie, promise me you'll never make another Souja Boy reference ever again." Spencer's voice is laughing but serious at the same time.

"Fine, I promise, I couldn't help it..."

"Alright, now that we've got that sorted out, you need to get your brother's ass back here. Bren is a total wreck, plus he's driving me and my boyfriend insane."

"Maybe I should let loveable Brenny Bear drive you and your boyfriend insane..." I smirked as I said this.

"Yeah, that's not such a great idea." His tone lost the laughter and was all-business man now.

"Why not?" I'm confused.

"We're not alone here"

Ryan's POV

Angeline talks to Spencer on the phone for about two minutes, then says, "Oh, he's going back if I have to shove him on a plane and fly with him myself. Stupid bitch..." she listens. "I don't give a shit, she's still a bitch...Okay, I'll ttyl....okay, okay, fine, see ya." She hangs up. "Ryan, you're going home. Right this second."

"Why the fuck do I have to go home???" She can't make me do anything, I'm the oldest!

"Because...Ashley's at your house." Her face is somber as my jaw hits the floor in shock.

Ashley's back????????