Sequel: If Not For You
Status: Being cleaned up--currently on chapter 2

Secrets And Lies

Roses In A Gazebo

Brendon's POV

Awhile after I hung up with Ryan, Joncer decided to leave the house. They said it's because they wanted to give me time alone, but I think it's because they were sick of me. So I decide to stick in my headphones and dance around the house, singing all the time.

My iPod is on shuffle, and mine and Ryan's song comes on. I give a shout and start singing it at the top of my lungs.

I like
Where we are
When we drive
In your car
I like
Where we are
Here

'Cause our lips
Can touch
And our cheeks
Can brush
Our lips
Can touch

Here

Well you are the one, the one that lies close to me
Whispers, "Hello, I've missed you quite terribly"
I fell in love, in love with you suddenly
Now there's no place else I could be
But here in your arms


I pull a funky dance move as the music does that funky little thing there, and continue singing.

I like
Where you sleep
When you sl-


My song is interrupted by a knock at the door. I pause my music and walk toward it. It's probably Joncer, I betcha they forgot their keys. But, just to be safe, I peek out of the peephole. It's Joncer, but they've got someone with them. Someone I'd rather not see.

Ashley.

Fuck.

I open the door and put on my best smile that I can. But, it's hard to smile when the song that reminds you of your boyfriend is interrupted by the person you really hate the most. "Hey, Ashley, what's up?"

"Not much," she answers. I let them all in the house, while Jon and Spencer both throw me apologetic looks. I shrug my shoulders as if to say, "Hey, it's okay, not your fault." Ashley walks into our living room and sits down on the couch. "So, what brings you to our humble abode?" I ask as I sit in the armchair, while Joncer takes the loveseat.

"Ummm...well....I don't really know how to say this but..." She took a deep breath and continued. "BrendonI'minlovewithyouwouldyougooutwithmeplease?" She looks up at me expectantly.

Ummm...WHAT!?

"Uhh, I'm sorry to say, but Ashley, I really really don't like you like that." Ch, that wasn't even close. I hate her with a fucking passion. But I'm not about to tell her that.

Suddenly a song begins to play-
Straight boys, where you at?
I wanna hit it from the front to the back
Straight boys, where you at?
I'm a boyfriend klep-


"Hello?" Spencer answers his cell phone. "Hey, Ry...yeah...um, in the living room....same place....no shit!...okay, I'll tell them....okay....bye" He hangs up.

"Who was that???" I ask eagerly.

"You know where the rose garden is, right? The one that's about a block away? The really pretty one?" I nod. "Yeah, go there."

"Why?" I complain.

"Just go, Brendon." I decide that going to the rose garden would mean I would get away from Ashley, so I race to the door and get the hell out of that house.

I skip to the rose garden. It's always so pretty there, even in the winter, they have roses that grow just gorgeously. It makes me smile so much, because it's all so gorgeous. The place is just packed with the flowers that mean true love, it's like a maze, almost. Except they have signs that tell you where you are and which way goes either to the fountain in the center or either the north exit or the south exit. Oh, and there's a gazebo, too, but that's hidden and you have to find that yourself, because they have no signs going towards it, only out of it. But I've found it, and I know how to get there. It's permanently etched in my brain.

I go to the rose garden, and, not finding anything out of the ordinary there, I decide to go to the gazebo. The roses all around me smell so perfect. I find myself missing Ryan more than I had the whole time he was gone. Probably because he was the one that found the gazebo with me, and we almost told each other how we felt. Almost, but not quite.

I finally round the last corner, and look up to see something more amazing than the gazebo in front of me, even though that was still there. Sitting inside the gazebo was my lovely Ryan, and he had a bouquet of roses, which he held out to me the second I came around that corner.