Sequel: If Not For You
Status: Being cleaned up--currently on chapter 2

Secrets And Lies

A Few More Stolen Moments

Ryan's POV

Here I am, on Pete's private plane back home, bored out of my mind, when possibly the greatest idea I've ever had hits me. Well, not the greatest idea I've ever had, but you know what I mean. It's one of those ideas that you think, Damn, I am the smartest person ever!. Now I just had to plan...

{A few hours later}

I call up Spencer. He needs to tell Brendon to get his ass over here.

"Hello?

"Hey, Spenc, it's Ryan." No shit, I think to myself.

"Hey, Ry."

"Remember my plan?" I had told him the most part of it on the way home.

"Yeah..."

"Where are you and Jon?"

"Um, in the living room," Interesting conversation we're having huh?

"Where's Brenny-I mean, Brendon-and Ashley?" Spencer hates it when I use cute nicknames for my boyfriend in front of him. I don't have a clue why, but he does.

"Same place."

"God I hate her..." I mumble under my breath, not meaning to.

"No shit!" he laughs a little bit.

"Shut up, just have Brendon meet me in the rose garden."

"Okay, I'll tell him."

"Make him get his ass over here quickly! I really miss him..." I mumble the last sentence again, and miraculously, Spenc doesn't say anything.

"Okay, bye."

"Bye, and thanks Spenc!" I hang up quickly, and make myself more comfortable in the gazebo. It's really old, it's been here forever, but Brendon and I recently painted it white to make it look newer. It was in definite need of a paint job until we fixed it up. Now we were just trying to find a cushion that was waterproof and comfortable to put over the bench...but we were still pretty iffy on that, we thought it sounded good sometimes, but sounded stupid other times.

I hold the bouquet of roses in my trembling hand, and I realize that I'm nervous. I don't know why I'm so nervous, but I am. Strange me, huh?

I hear footsteps from around the corner, and I take a deep-but-quiet breath to stop those stupid butterflies in my stomach. Then, almost before I have a handle on my nerves, the most amazing person on the face of the Earth comes around the corner, a smile evident on his face as he inhales the smell of roses all around him, then surprise as he looks at me, with the bouquet held out to him. I feel a loving smile come across my face as I study his. The shock is only slightly wearing off, but being replaced with love in his eyes, along with slight wetness. Is he crying because he's sad or happy? I hope that he's happy.

Brendon takes the roses out of my hand, looks at them, looks at me, and throws the bouquet aside to kiss me, something I was not expecting, but happily kissed back.

When he pulls back for air, he smiles at me. "Ryan, you are the bestest boyfriend in the whole entire world. I honestly and truly love you." It's the first time he's told me he loves me. Well, it's kinda the second, because the first time Ashley came over after we started dating, he said that he hadn't been thinking clearly the first time he kissed me on stage, he didn't tell me he loved me...but that wasn’t' really telling me he loves me. That was saying what he should have done.

I pull my boyfriend on my lap and squeeze him tightly. "I love you, too, Brenny. More than you'll ever know."

"Hmm, I'm not so sure about that..." He turns around and straddles my hips and presses his lips to my neck, against my jugular vein. I shiver, and it's not cool outside at all. "I think I know how much you love me, trust me, Ryry." He sucks on my neck a little bit, and I push his head back reluctantly. His expression is confused. "Did I do something wrong, Ryan?"

"No, but we still have to go back home, and Ashley is there. I don't think we want to have to explain how I got a hickey without her guessing that we're together, or that I'm a man-whore. Which I'm not, but still." I smile at him. His expression clears, and smiles back at me. He kisses my lips lightly again, and runs his hands under my shirt and up my back. I shiver again.

"You like that, Ry?" He whispers, kissing my neck again. I can only nod, my voice lost.

We hear a gasp, and we both look up to see Ashley peeking around the corner, her eyes wide. Her cell phone was open, and the camera trained on us.

Fucking hell.