Status: Another story. Not a sequel.

Just a Painter

Family

June 21st 1am

There were some commotion outside. I peeled myself from Vic , he let out a groan then rolled over. I giggled at him. I pulled on his shirt and went to my window.
I looked out to see a scrawny teenage boy percohed on the tree branch. We should really cut that down.
Two equally thin boys yelling up at him. Mike yelled down as he clung to the branch. I giggled as I opened the window .
"Fuck you!" Mike called down. Tony giggled.
"Tap the window."
"You know I have a door."
With those little words, Mike screamed then fell from the branch onto a unexpecting Tony . I heard an oof along with a groan.
Fuck.
"Shit! Are you okay?" I yelled down. Mike was on top of tony and Jaime tried to help him up.
Great. I raced down to the front yard forgetting I was only in a shirt and panties.
"Fuck!" I exclaimed. The boys were groaning .
"I think I broke something." Mike cried.
"Heavy asshat." Tony whined.
"Okay. " I breathed. I picked up Mike by his armpits .
He leaned on me.
"It hurts." He cried. I checked him for blood after I sat him on my steps.
Jaime helped Tony to his feet.
He held his back with his hands.
"I'm okay."
This was a mess. I checked Tony for any bleeding. His back was bruised.
"Hospital." I sighed. I rubbed mike's back as he sobbed.
"I'm so sorry ." I kissed his shoulder before getting up.
"Jaime help him to the car. I need Vic and my keys. " he nodded.
I raced back into te house. Quietly trying not to disturb my famy. I got Vic up and pulled on some shorts . He rubbed his eyes as I pulled a shirt over his head and he grabbed some sweatpants
Before we exited I scribble a note grabbed ice and my keys.
The boys were in the car.
"What happened?" Vic questioned still in sleep mode.
"We didn't want to wake your family up ,so we climbed the tree but Mike got scared and fell ,now he's hurt and Ava is posse and it's a mess and we just wanted to hangout." Tony spoke in one word
Jaime was quiet for a moment.
"We didn't mean for this to happen." He spoked
"I know. " I breathed .Mike was calming down. I gave him a water bottle and bag of ice.
The hospital wasn't far .
We waited in the waiting room to be seen. Vic filled out paper work for mike and I filled out Tony's.
"Im fine, Ava." He whispered.
"I know but just in case ,okay. "
He answered the questions and i wrote them down.
I looked at Vic. He was chewing his thumb nail.
I leaned over and kissed his cheek.
We were called into separate rooms. I hugged Vic breifly.
He gave me a broken smile.
The doctor checked out Tony .
Tony was shaking his leg and reached for my hand a few times.
"It's okay ,sweetie."
He looked down a the doctor checked his heart.
"Everything is fine . He should ice his back for a half an hour a day."
We nodded. Shook hands.
I stood up to leave but Tony pulled me into a hug. He had his arms around my waist and head on my shoulder.
"Thank you for always being there for me."
He was crying.
"It's what friends do,Tony."
"It's what big sisters do."
I patted his head.
"Let's go find the others."
Vic and mike were talking to the nurse behide the counter.
Mike was in a wheel chair. Tony started to cry again. Mike pulled him into his lap.
"He sprained his ankle. And it should be fine in a month. He's just being dramatic and lazy."
I noticed what Vic was wearing.
My pink Mxpx lipstick shirt that looked a tad tight and his sweatpants. I was in his black Pantera shirt (that was really Mike's) and my blue shorts. Tony was in shorts and a blue tank . Mike in jeans and no shirt.
"Why aren't you wearing a shirt?"I asked Mike.
We were finally leaving . Mike groaned that he couldn't keep the wheelchair. I rolled my eyes
" it was hot and we were at the beach. "
Vic held my hands
"I'm sorry about them."
"It's okay. I think it's a Fuentes thing to climb trees "
Vic giggled.
"This is the most excitement I had in like two years. "
We were in the car now and the sun was rising.
"Diner?" I suggested
A chorus of yes filled the car.
"So why were you guys climbing?" Vic asked.
"We wanted to hangout."
"Why not knock or call?"
Tony looked at Jaime then at mike
"It looked fun." Tony shrugged.
"Is that what we're going to tell mama and pops?"
The guys looked down at their hands. The table was quiet
Someone's phone rang. Fuck
It was mikes
"Where are you!?" It wa his mom.
Time to go. We paid and hurried back to the house.
We were all seated on the Fuentes couch. All five us squeeze onto the couch. My heart was beating out of control. Vic was shaking his leg and the younger guys were biting their lips and wringing their hands.
Mama Fuentes spoke Spanish
I picked up a few words.
She was worried
" We were walking around and we wanted to hangout with Vic and Ava. All their lights were out so I decided to climb the tree. Then something startled me and I feel and landed on Tony."
Mike explained.
"Ava raced us to the hospital . Please don't be mad at them. They were just taking care of us. "
"We should have called. I am sorry." I added. "I panicked."
Mama Fuentes hugged me.
"You did the responsible thing. I just thought these kids learned their lesson te last time they climbed a tree."
This wasnt the first time. Dear god.
Papa Fuentes sat in his chair.
"No more climbing trees."
He spoke. We all nodded.
"I'll talk to your mom later,Tony." Mama added. Then told us to go to bed.
We nodded and headed upstairs.
This wasnt my house but mama didnt say anything.
"I call the bed. You sleep on the floor." I demanded.
Vic groaned then hugged me from behide.
"Why are you so amazing?" He whispered
I shrugged.
"I can tell you. Because you're responsible ,mature." He kissed my shoulder.
"You take care of us too."
"I really like you guys." I giggled.
More kisses.
"Thanks. " he kissed my ear.
There was a knock on thedoor.
Vic opened to find Mike,Jaime and Tony. They wrapped their arms around us. I really loved them. We were a family. I only knew them for a few months but that was enough.
We found sleeping bags ,blankets and pillows. All of us slept on Vic's floor like we were small kids.

.