Status: In Progress

I Can’t Have You For Mine and I Know It

Our First Meeting

The first time me and Kenzie met. It wasn't through Collin. In fact, I didn't even know Collin had a girlfriend. I mean, he told me he was seeing someone, but he also said that I didn't know her at all. So how was I supposed to know that she'd be at a local party. It wasn't a big party. Maybe 20 people, 30? It wasn't the biggest party I've been to, but it wasn't the smallest either. I was sitting in the living room of Brent Thompson's house, me and Andrea were sitting on this couch, sipping wine cooler's and watching drunk girls grind against guys they had known since grade school. I was bobbing my head to the beat of the stupid house music that was blasting through the shitty speakers. When I saw her. She was kind of hard to miss, bright red hair, hipster glasses, skinny jeans and a bright blue tank top. She was way cute. She noticed me staring, so I looked away at other people trying to disguise my interest. When I thought she had looked away I glanced back her way, and we made eye contact for the first time. That was the first time I saw those deep brown eyes that would soon become so comforting to me. I looked down shyly, then we caught eye's again and this time I smiled a little and blushed, she smiled back. She waved at me, wiggling her fingers than beckoned me over. So I got up, removed Anita from my lap. I weaved my way through all the drunk partiers and into her presence.
"Hey" I say. My voice sounded hoarse, my palms were starting to sweat.
"Hey yourself," She replies. Her voice is like.. music. Or something cheesy like that. Either way, I had to keep her talking.I was already hooked on her voice.
“So.. I haven't seen you around before? I mean, this is a small town, and you don't look like you're a senior..” I hope I don't sound creepy. I'm just really nervous.
“I just moved here, actually, I don't know many people. The only reason I'm at this party is because it's my house. And you're right. I'm a Sophomore.” She explained. So she's the same age as me. I think.
“Really? Same here. So how did you get so many people here I mean, if you're new and all, not a lot of people would show up. Normally, people around here wouldn't get into a strangers house and drink” I'm babbling again.
“My brother is, uh, well known. Around here I guess."
"Toby's your brother?" I ask, how did it never get mentioned that Toby had a little sister?
"Yupp," She replies, popping the "P" at the end of the word.
I glance down shyly and notice her pale wrists,where several band bracelets are worn. All time low. Pierce the veil, Of mice and men, Mayday Parade, Blood on the dance floor and a few more. She notices me staring at her bracelets and lifts her wrist up.
"Cool eh? they're all the bands I've seen live"She said casually
I could feel my mouth hanging open. Why was she so nonchalant about this? This girl just kept getting cuter and cuter.. Suddenly her voice was right against my ear,
"Do you wanna... go to my room and talk..?" She sounded uncertain and .. scared? Cautious... Nervous maybe?
"O-o-of c-course" I stammered out, as she pulled me by my hand toward the bedroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Suggestions?