Horror Movie

Uncool

A piercing scream echoed throughout the living room.

I cowered in fear as I snuck a peek at the screen from behind my hands. We weren’t even 20 minutes into the movie and I had already spent the majority of the time admiring my palms.

This was so uncool.

Soul looked at me and sighed.

“Come on Saya! It’s just a horror movie,” the white haired boy said exasperatedly then added, “It’s not even that scary.”

“Yeah, easy for you to say,” I answered hotly, “you’re the one who chose it in the first place!”

Just then a loud inhuman howl filled the room and I gave a startled jump, crashing into Soul in the process.

Time froze as I felt the warmth of his front on my back. I trembled involuntarily from the shock I just experienced.

Soul sighed as he put his arm around me instinctively. I melted into his embrace as I curled into his side, trying desperately to get away from the gruesome image on the screen.

“This is so uncool” the albino muttered with annoyance.

Even so… you make no attempts to move.

“Hey Soul,” I asked timidly.

“What?” he growled, as he looked towards me.

“Can I borrow your headband?” I asked as I turned to face him.

Soul, looking a little dumbfounded, slid his infamous headband off and handed it to me.

“Thank,” I said as I put it on my head and pulled it down so that it covered my eyes.

Soul scoffed at my unusual but frantic attempt to block off my sense of sight.

“Don’t laugh, it’s the best I got!” I retorted defensively as I sidled closer to the white-haired boy, settling back into his arm.

“This is so uncool” the weapon repeated aggravation evident in his voice.

Even so… you don’t push me away.

“Thanks Soul.” I whispered as I snuggled deeper into his side and lay my head in the crook of his neck.

Even so…you pull me closer. Why?