Me and You Against the World

Juliet loves the beat and the lust it commands

I walked into my room and threw my bag in the corner. I turned and saw Frank standing at the door.

"Just dump your bag where ever you can find a clean spot" I smiled.

He gave me a nervous smile and slowly walked into the room, watching where he walked so he didn't trip over.

"Mind giving me a hand bringing up some boxes from downstairs?" I asked.

"Yeah sure" Frank agreed smiling back at me.

He has such an amazing smile.

"I didn't realize I had so much crap" I laughed when we finally brought up the last box.

There were six boxes in total. Band shirts, clothes, art supplies, comics, photos and other memorabilia and different bits and pieces that had gathered over the years.

I collapsed on my bed and let out a sigh.

"This room is a mess" I said, mainly talking to myself.

"Don't worry, you can clean up while I supervise" Frank said cheekily.

"Thanks Frankie, you're so helpful".

"I aim to please" he grinned.

I sat there and stared into his eyes, suddenly the mood changed. He didn't say a word and neither did I, we just sat there. I could feel the tension in the air. He leaned towards me, closing the space between us.

"Gee! Frankie! Dinners ready!" Mum called from downstairs.

Frank quickly backed away. Perfect timing mum I thought to myself.

I stood up and looked at Frank He looked away as if he was ashamed of me. I didn't understand, a minute ago I thought he was going to kiss me.

Dinner was a little awkward. I didn't know what to think and I could tell Frank felt the same way. What would have happened if mum hadn't ruined the moment? I looked over to Frank, he still wouldn't even look at me.

"So, how was school Gee?" mum asked, breaking the silence.

"Alright…" I said, keeping my focus on my meal.

After little more than a few casual words from mum asking Frank about school and his parents we went back upstairs. There was another awkward silence.

I sat on my bed and he stood at the window staring outside. I couldn't handle this. Half and hour ago he was about to kiss me, now silence. I figured it was now or never and I was willing to take the risk. I stood up and walked over to him, he turned around and before he could say anything I kissed him. He pushed me away and stood there staring at me shocked. Why is he just standing there? Did I do something wrong? I began to worry.

I turned away thinking I had ruined anything that could have become of us when suddenly he grabbed me. I turned to face him.

"I'm sorry Frank" I said softly "I don't know what I was thinking I-"

"Ssh…" he whispered placing his finger on my lips "Don't be sorry".

"I love you" I blurted out, I couldn't stop myself.

"I love you too" he smiled and kissed me again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments= <3
Where is the love?