Status: This is my baby and parts are based off me and a friend so it's very personal

Twisted

1 Down

Carrie’s POV:

“How is my girlfriend?” Michael asks. He goes to kiss me and I turn away. It’s been almost three months since he’s been here. I flew out to see him a couple of weekends so we could be together.

“I’m fine.” I tell him.

“Carrie, what’s wrong?” He asks me. “Today is our three month anniversary and tomorrow is Thanksgiving.”

“Mikey, I’ve been thinking about stuff a lot.” I tell him. He wasn’t able to fly out here because the guys were recording and planning their tour.

“Oh, you have?” He asks and he’s trying not to smile. I think I’ll be able to help him with that.

“No, we really need to talk.”

“Is Cam here? I think I’m going to go find Cameron.” I have never seen Megan leave somewhere so fast.

“What is going on, Car?” He asks me.

“Everything, Michael. I can’t handle you being in a band.” I finally say and he steps back.

“And why not?” He asks me getting mad.

“I want you for myself, Mikey, and I want to know you won’t be too busy for me.” I am getting mad at him for not understanding.

“You’re being really selfish right now. I have fans, you know?” He throws it in my face and I feel like I’ve just been slapped.

“I get that, Michael, but apparently you don’t get that you have a girlfriend!”

“None of this band stuff mattered to you when we were friends!” He yells at me.

“Then maybe we never should have dated in the first place!” I yell back. “I didn’t want to date you because I didn’t want to ruin our friendship!” I can see I’ve really hurt him now.

“What happened to us always sticking together?” He asks me and I turn away from him.

“We can still be there for each other.” I tell him.

“So you’re really breaking up with me?” His voice cracks as he asks it. I face him again and the tears are streaming down my face.

“I am so sorry. I wanted us to work but we won’t.”

“No, Carrie, you can’t do this!”

“Don’t beg, Michael, it’s not attractive.” I say because I don’t know what else to say right now. I just want to be alone.

“So I guess we won’t be going out tomorrow night.”

“No, I guess not.” I say and sit on my bed. I look at Mikey who is standing by the door.

“What happens next?” He asks me.

“I’m really not sure. I guess you should go now.”

“The guys are with their girlfriends.” He tells me sadly. I hate that I hurt him but I’m not going to hurt myself.

“This is a big city; go sightseeing.”

“You are the only sight I want to see.” He tells me and it would normally make me melt but not this time; I can’t let it.

“Go, now. I can’t do this anymore. I just need to be alone.”

“Why, so you can think?”

“Just leave.” I say and he slams the door. I’m not sure who’s hurt worse here.