Status: This is my baby and parts are based off me and a friend so it's very personal

Twisted

Mikey Breaks

Michael’s POV:

I can’t believe she just broke up with me. I love her so much and I’m trying to do the right thing but it’s hard.

“Michael, are you alright? We just heard what happened!” Zach asks when they get to the hotel.

“No, I’m not, I can’t get over it. It’s like she died, Zach. We were so close and now it’s all gone.”

“Do you want to talk about it?” Cameron asks me.

“I can’t right now. I can’t hear you guys tell me I’m better off without her or anything like that.”

“But you are, Mikey. As her cousin, just trust me.” Zach says and I think I’m going to break if he keeps going on.

“Just stop! You don’t know her like I do. She’s my best friend.”

“Quoting Brantley Gilbert, are we?” Cameron asks.

“It fits right now.” I tell him and he sits across from me.

“You may not want to hear it right now but you will move on.” Zach says and I look at him.

“I don’t want to move on. I want to win her back and I can’t do that because she’s made up her mind. I’m torn to hell and she’s barely upset!"

“No, she’s upset. When I dropped Megan off, Carrie was in a bawl sobbing. I almost thought you were dead for a minute the way she was acting.”

“Then why aren’t we back together?” I ask them.

“If you’re meant to be together she’ll come around one day. It’s gotta be hard for her to finally be with you then have you gone all the time. It’s hard for Maddi.”

“But you two are together, aren’t you?” I ask Zach.

“Yes because we talk about everything and our love pulls through in the end.” He sounds so grossly sappy right now.

“Don’t even talk to me right now.” I get up and the pain I feel is almost too much; I feel like I can’t walk another step.

“You two will be fine.” I turn around and see Megan. “Cam forgot his wallet.”

“Why do you think Carrie and I will be fine?” I ask her with more attitude than I should probably have towards her.

“Forget I said anything. You know what, Michael, I used to think you were funny and I couldn’t wait to meet you. You’re a jerk.” She says.

“Megan, wait, I didn’t mean to snap at you.”

“Don’t you think Carrie’s upset, too? She’s half dead but she couldn’t take you being away all the time. She knew she would be miserable either way!”

“Is she really?” I ask and Megan crosses her arms then softens.

“Oh, Michael, I don’t know what to say. I want to tell you there’s hope because I believe in that but you’re both going to have to try.”

“I’ll try anything.”

“It’s Carrie I’m worried about. She thinks she’s doing the right thing by letting you go. I’ll work on her until you get back from tour.” I hug Megan.

“Thank you so much!”

“Don’t get excited yet. Girls are fragile things.”

“I know.” I tell her and she leaves. I have to hope.