Status: This is my baby and parts are based off me and a friend so it's very personal

Twisted

2 Down

Megan’s POV:

“Hi, Cam, how is my 25 year old boyfriend?” I ask when I see him. I’m visiting him a week after his birthday because I had a test.

“I am amazing!” He says and he kisses me. I kiss him back then turn away.

“Good, I’m glad, sweetie.” I tell him and he holds me close to him.

“Are you okay, Meg?” He asks me with no clue I’m about to break his heart. I thought about it long and hard but I have to do this; it’s for the best.

“Cam, I think we need to talk.” I tell him and it’s going to kill both of us; I just know it. He sits down and tells me to sit next to him.

“Okay, what’s up?” He asks me with a smile I have never seen before. I scoot closer to him.

“I can’t stay in this relationship anymore, Cameron. It’s not good for us.” I tell him and he looks at me.

“What are you saying?” He asks me. I put my hands on his shirt.

“I’m not being honest with you and you don’t deserve that.”

“No, Megan, what are you saying?” He asks again.

“It’s gonna be okay, Cam, because I do love you. I promise you that much.”

“No, you don’t love me if you’re doing this!”

“How can you say that? I do love you and that’s why I’m doing this!” I yell at him.

“Shut up, Megan, I don’t want to hear this!”

“My mind is made up and it doesn’t even matter.”

“But it matters to me!” He yells.

“Don’t be mad, Cameron.”

“I’m not mad, I’m just really hurt right now. I never saw this coming.” That breaks my heart because I know he didn’t. I’m being terrible right now.

“That makes this really hard for me, Cam. Please just believe me when I say I have to do this.” I’m trying not to cry.

“Then don’t do it, Megan, stay with me.”

“No, Cameron, I told you I can’t.” I tell him.

“Can’t we talk about this?”

“We’re past the point of talking.”

“So you’re saying you never loved me?” He asks.

“I love you more than anything.”

“You said that before but I don’t believe you. Quit saying you love me, don’t tell me it’s going to be okay, and don’t tell me it doesn’t matter. Megan, all of this matters to me!”

“Then maybe you shouldn’t be alone with me.” I stand up with Jake Owen stuck in my head.

“No, don’t do this!” He yells.

“It’s already done!” I yell back and this is starting to get easier.

“I can’t win here, can I?” He asks realizing I’m not changing my mind.

“No, you can’t win here.” I start to leave.

“Please don’t go, we can work this out.” He says and I turn around, tears streaming down my face.

“Maybe it’s best if we don’t ever speak again. I’ll still support the band but we probably shouldn’t even try to be friends.” I tell him and it’s my last effort.

“Are we really over?” He asks me.

“Yeah, I think we are.” I tell him and leave.