Status: This is my baby and parts are based off me and a friend so it's very personal

Twisted

Letting Go

Cameron’s POV:

Megan walks out of my life and I run after her. I pound on her car window and I see the tears streaming down her face.

“Please don’t leave, Megan!” I beg her.

“I have to go.” She says and speeds down the road. I run half a block but she’s going too fast for me to catch her.

“Megan!” I yell but I know it’s too late; she’s already gone. I walk back home but I don’t even know what I’m doing; I’m alone in my apartment.

“Cameron, are you home?” Anna is at my door an hour later.

“No, I’m not.” I hear the lock and she runs in.

“What happened?” Why did I tell her where the key is?

“Is it that horrid girl?” Bridget asks me.

“Don’t call her that!” I say but I’m sure my face says something different. I shouldn’t bother to defend Megan because she just killed me.

“She broke up with you, didn’t she?” Anna is furious right now.

“Yeah, she did. She told me she had too many secrets and she wasn’t being honest with me. Those 7 and half months were the best of my life.”

“Well she’s gone now. Cam, there’s someone way better for you. I told her not to hurt you and now look. You’re totes not okay.” Bridget looks like a teenager and I hate it. I want my baby sister back.

“Megan was right; it doesn’t even matter.” I fall into a ball and Anna walks over.

“Cam, you do need to move on.”

“I can’t get over her. There was something so special about her; I really thought everything was okay and I thought she was the one.”

“Go find another fan or there is always Emma Watson, right?” Bridget tries to make me feel better but nothing can do that.

“Even she can’t do anything right now.”

“How about if I go kill Megan for hurting my brother?” Bridget says and I sit up.

“Don’t even go there. You will not touch her.” I say and Bridget rolls her eyes.

“We’re always here for you, Cam.” Anna tells me.

“I think I just need to be alone right now.” I tell her and she stands up.

“Fine, but if we leave I’m calling mom and dad.” Anna leaves before I can object. Mom runs in and hugs me.

“I am so sorry, Cameron. Megan seemed so nice and really good for you.”

“So I didn’t make that up?” I ask because I still can’t believe she’s gone.

“No, you didn’t.” Dad says as he shuts the door.

“How are you holding up?” Mom asks and I look at her.

“The one girl I’ve ever loved with my heart just left me. How do you think I’m holding up?” I ask and she looks at me.

“It’ll be okay.” Dad tells me.

“Yeah, that’s what Megan said but it won’t be.”

“These wounds take time. It’ll start to get better.” Mom says.

“Okay, I’ll trust you on that.” I guess it’s time for me to let her go.