Status: This is my baby and parts are based off me and a friend so it's very personal

Twisted

New Beginnings

Maddi’s POV:

“Maddi, come on, you have a meeting this week.” I flew out to California the day I got out of school. I offered to bring Carrie and Megan but I can understand why they wouldn’t want to come with me.

“Do you honestly think I would be late for this?” I ask Zach as I finish my make-up.

“Yes.” He laughs and I lean out of his bathroom.

“Watch your mouth, I know where you sleep.” I warn him and he smiles even bigger.

“I know where you’re staying; all three places.” I pretend to be shocked and he kisses me. “I love you.” He tells me.

“I love you, too.”

“Then let’s get moving. I set this up for you and it would make me look bad.”

“Except that this isn’t about you, it’s about me.”

“Yeah, I know.” He says and goes to start the car. I throw my shoes on and run out before he leaves me.

“I am so beyond excited for this.” I yell and he laughs.

“You will do great, I just know it.” He tells me and my nerves go away. With Zach by my side I know I’ll be amazing.

“Well, this is where I let you off. I’ll be there in a few.” He says when he gets to the building. I grab my instructions.

“Here I go, off to start my career.” I take a deep breath.

“Maddi, wait.” Zach says.

“What’s up?” I ask him. He pulls me close and kisses me.

“You’ll be fine.” He reminds me and I smile. I run inside.

“Are you Maddi Reed?” The receptionist asks.

“Yes I am.” I say and she smiles.

“It’ll be a few minutes and then you can go in for your meeting. Mr. Thatcher just wants to get to know you today and we’ll do voices tomorrow.”

“Okay, thank you.” I take a seat and start picking at my nails. I feel Zach’s hands grab mine.

“Don’t do that. Maddi, you have no reason to be nervous. He’s already heard your demo and loved it. He just wants to know you better and see what you can do.”

“Zach, I am about to have a panic attack.”

“You’ll be fine.” He has been saying that all morning and I’m kind of tired of hearing it.

“Look, there’s Zach and his girlfriend, Maddi!” I hear someone yell. Cameras flash before I can even turn to see who is there.

“Maddi doesn’t need more pressure. If you would like a statement I’ll go out in the hallway with you.” Zach and the reporters go outside.

“Wait, this is my start, not his.” I say after they leave.

“Welcome to the world of famous boyfriends.” The receptionist tells me and I look at her.

“Do you know what’s going on out there?” I ask here.

“I was just like you once. I was dating John Mayer, believe it or not. He went out for a statement on my career and came back as, well, the John Mayer you know.”

“That’s terrible!” I yell and she laughs.

“Which part? That I dated him or that he's a jerk?” She asks and I smile.

“Both, I guess.” I say and the door opens. Time to start my career with or without Zach.