Status: This is my baby and parts are based off me and a friend so it's very personal

Twisted

Moving On

Michael’s POV:
“Hey, lovebirds, get out of my apartment!” Zach yells when he walks in. Maddi starts laughing and shaking her head.
“This is amazing!” She says after a few minutes.
“I’m so happy for you.” Megan says but I can tell she’s upset; I’ve come to read girls really well.
“Do you want to talk?” I ask her while the others go to the kitchen to get food.
“Just tell me something honestly. Does Cameron completely hate me?” She asks and tears start to fall. I’m not sure how to react.
“No, he doesn’t. He’s still really upset but he doesn’t hate you.”
“Has he moved on?” She asks me and I have to tell her the truth.
“In his words, yes, he has. Maybe you should just call him.” I can’t do it; she needs to find out the truth on her own.
“Why does it even matter anymore?” She stands up and is starting to get angry.
“Because he loves you and you love him.” I say and she turns to me.
“If he loved me he would have come after me and if I loved him I would have told him the truth but I couldn’t do that.” Maddi runs out of the kitchen followed by Carrie. Both girls hug Megan and she sobs.
“Mikey, did you say something?” Zach asks when he walks out and sees this.
“No, don’t blame him. I asked Michael to be honest and he was. Cameron’s moved on but at least he doesn’t hate me.” She bites her lip.
“Are you okay, sweetie?” Carrie asks.
“I will be.”
“Of course you will be.” Maddi tells her. It is so weird to see her crying over my friend. I feel like I should do something but I don’t know what.
“Try talking to him.” Zach suggests harshly.
“He called on my birthday; I sent him to voicemail. He didn’t bother to leave a message and I didn’t bother to call him back.”
“So, it’s a nice day, are you girls doing anything?” I ask trying to change the subject.
“We’re hitting up the malls.” Megan says finally smiling.
“I’ll buy you something nice.” Carrie kisses me.
“With my money?” I ask her and she laughs.
“Don’t judge, I’m a broke college girl with an adorable and rich boyfriend.” I kiss her and give her money.
“Have fun.” I tell her and the girls run out of Zach’s place.
“Okay, that was really weird.” Zach says when the door shuts behind them.
“Tell me about it. She just out of the blue asked me about him. There’s no way that girl is over him yet.” I say and Zach nods.
“And he’s not over her. Why did you tell her he was?” He asks me and I shrug.
“Honestly, she needs to figure it out for herself. If she really loves him like she used to then she’ll figure something out.”
“What if she doesn’t?” Zach asks me seriously.
“One of them will.”
“It isn’t going to be Cameron. He’s trying to move on.”
“We all know how that’s working out for him.” I say and the topic is done.