Status: This is my baby and parts are based off me and a friend so it's very personal

Twisted

Waiting

Megan’s POV:
“You probably won’t listen to this, but I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have said what I did and I didn’t mean it. You weren’t meant to hear that because I was angry. Well, okay, goodbye.” Almost nine months since the message Cam left and I’m still listening to it.
“I’m sorry, too, Cameron.” I say, but I still can't call him.
“Good morning, Meg.” Carrie says when she comes in from a run.
“Carrie, I’m ready to tell him.” I say and she smiles.
“That is so good to hear.”
“It feels really good to say.” I tell her.
“When are you going to call him?” Carrie asks me.
“Today, since it’s his birthday. What’s a better gift?” I ask and she thinks for a minute with a goofy grin on her face.
“I have no idea; that sounds perfect.”
“Come on, though, we have classes in an hour. I’ll call him when I get home after lunch.”
“Do you want to be alone? I can go now.” She asks and it reminds me of when she first told me the guys were coming.
“No, Car, you’re fine. I’m heading out for class and I’ll see you at lunch.” I say.
“Bye, I hope you and Cam end up together again.”
“Thanks, so do I.” I walk around campus to enjoy the day before I have to go to my class in ten minutes. I decide to call Maddi.
“What’s up? It better be good since it’s six in the morning here.” I laugh.
“Sorry, I forgot the time difference.”
“You’re laughing again, what’s up?” Maddi is more awake now.
“I’m going to call Cameron when I get back from classes so I can tell him I’m sorry. I’ve been listening to his message ever since he left it.”
“This is amazing! You’re finally ready to open up to him.”
“Yeah, I guess I am. I just hope he can forgive me.” I say.
“He will, Meg. Call me when you know more.” She tells me.
“We both know I will.” I tell her and she laughs. We say goodbye and I sprint to class to make sure I’m not late.
“Are you okay?” The girl next to me asks.
“Sure am.” I smile and she looks at me weird.
“You’re freakishly awake today.” She says and I laugh like I haven’t laughed in a long time.
“I’m going to get my boyfriend back.” I say and she smiles.
“Good for you.” She says and our professor walks in. This day needs to go by faster.
“I’ve decided that since we’re finally having wonderful spring weather you can all go home. Work on your papers; they’re due tomorrow.” I run out and back to the dorm so I can call Cameron. It goes straight to voicemail and I can’t believe what I’m hearing.
“If this is my mom or dad, please don’t. If it’s my sisters I don’t want to talk. Anyone else, sorry I’m recording today. By the way, if it’s Megan for any reason, I love you.” I drop my cell phone and call him right back.
“Cam, call me. My number’s the same. Oh, and happy birthday.” Then I hang up and wait.