Status: This is my baby and parts are based off me and a friend so it's very personal

Twisted

Happy Secrets

Cameron’s POV:
“Hey, Cam, I get out next week!” Megan calls me the minute her classes are done for the day. I smile because she’s so happy to start student teaching next year.
“I know you do; I have the plane ticket to prove it.” I say and she laughs.
“If we were together I would kiss you right now.” She says.
“Then maybe I should just fly up right now.” I joke with her.
“But the feeling would be gone by the time you got here.” She jokes back and I love the relationship we have now; open, honest, and fun.
“I guess you’ll just have to wait to see me then.”
“If I even can. I miss you so much, Cam, and it’s only been two months since you were last out here.” I hear the sadness in her voice and I just want to hold her.
“Soon, Megan, I promise.”
“Who’s version of soon do you mean, Cam?” She asks me.
“Yours, Meg, I’ll be out there next week.”
“Okay, I’ll wait. I can’t wait to see you.”
“And remember you’re coming back home with me so we can look at places. We are still getting a place of our own, aren’t we?” I ask her and she’s silent for a moment.
“Sorry, I stopped breathing for a minute. Yes, Cam, we are.” She is still the same starstruck girl she was when I first met her.
“Can you not believe it’s happening?” I ask her.
“No, I really can’t. All of this has been an amazing dream and I don’t want to wake up from it. Start finding places you think I would like.” She tells me.
“I already have; I know you too well.”
“I’m not sure you could get any more perfect, Cameron.” I hope there’s one more thing I can do.
“We’ll just have to wait and see.” I tell her.
“Are you planning something really big?” She asks me and I can just see her jumping up like a little child waiting for a gift.
“Maybe I am; you’ll have to wait and see.”
“No, Cameron, don’t make me wait. Have you already bought a place?” She asks me.
“Nope, I wouldn’t do that without your approval.”
“I know you wouldn’t. I love you, Cam, and I’ll see you soon.” She hangs up and I look at Maddi.
“Do you know how hard it is not to tell her?” She asks.
“Believe me, I know. I wanted to tell her so badly, but I won’t ruin my plan.”
“She’s going to love it. Once she gets past the part that is so unlike her. What if she says no? That would ruin your whole plan.” Maddi asks me and I smile.
“That’s a risk I’m willing to take. I know she’ll cave in eventually and then the plan will fall into place perfectly. I even have my sisters in on it.” I tell her and Zach finally chimes in.
“Wow, they finally accept her?” He asks and I nod.
“We won them over and she makes me happy; that’s what they care about.” I say and Maddi laughs at me.
“You have so much to learn.” She tells me and walks off.
“Megan will teach me!” I yell after her.
“I know she will. That makes this even funnier.” She says and shuts the door to my apartment. In a few months it will be someone else’s and I’ll be with Megan.