Status: This is my baby and parts are based off me and a friend so it's very personal

Twisted

Romance, Money, and Houses

Michael’s POV:
“Mikey, when are we getting married?” Carrie asks me the trick question.
“Probably after our friends, if you don’t mind waiting. Do you want to be a Martinez before you graduate?” I ask her and she thinks about it.
“No, I can wait. I want to be a Martinez, but I can wait.” She smiles at me.
“Good, because I really want a September wedding.” I tell her.
“That’s what I was thinking!” She yells.
“The 15th?” We ask as the same time and I smile.
“We are so perfect for each other.” I hug her and I feel her relax. “Are you okay?” I ask her.
“Yeah, I’m great. I’m just glad we have a date now. Do you mind if we have blue and orange for colors; I know they don’t really fit.”
“That’s fine with me.” I tell her and she smiles.
“And we already know the first dance which is awesome. Mikey, we’re going to have the best wedding any girl could dream of.” Carrie says and it’s nice to see her this excited.
“It will be amazing if I have you.” I say trying to be sweet.
“Really, Mikey?” Carrie asks me and I smile.
“Hey, don’t blame me for trying.” I say and she laughs.
“I love you, Mikey.” Carrie takes my hand, after texting her friends, and heads for the door.
“Where are we going?” I ask her.
“To look at houses, of course.” She says like I should have known this would happen.
“Dang, woman, I may have money but you gotta help me out.
“Oh, I’ll help you out, all right. I’ll tell you exactly what I want and you write the check.” She says with a grin.
“But I get to make the final decision if I’m paying.” Her eyes get wide.
“Who said we have to be paid off right away. We can make a down payment like normal people and I’ll make the house payment when I’m out of college.” She says rushed and I laugh.
“That sounds like a better idea.” When she smiles I know something is up. “Why are you so happy about paying?” I ask her.
“It means we’re grown up, it means I have you forever, and it means I get the house I want.” She says and walks out the door without a glance back.
“You are such an evil girl; maybe you really are related to Zach.” She fakes being hurt.
“I can’t believe you said that. I am nothing like my cousin.” She holds her head high but ends up laughing instead.
“You two are more alike than even I want to admit.” She kisses me.
“Did that seem like something Zach would do?” She asks me and I laugh.
“I hope not; that would be weird on so many levels.” I tell her and she laughs.
“Yeah, it would.” She agrees and I drive to a realtor.
“Can I help you?” She asks.
“We’re engaged and would like to start looking at houses. There’s no rush cause our wedding isn’t until September of next year but we would like to start looking.” Carrie takes control and I’m so proud of her.
“Come on in and we’ll start looking.”
“This is so exciting.” Carrie says.
“Yeah, it is.” I agree with her and we close the door.