Status: This is my baby and parts are based off me and a friend so it's very personal

Twisted

It's What Friends Are For

Carrie’s POV:
I get home from visiting my parents and I see a light on at Megan’s so I go over.
“Hey, what’s up? Are you okay?” I ask her when she opens the door. Tears are streaming down her face and I don’t know what happened.
“No, everything’s falling apart. The roof is leaking, Jake is sick, I don’t know when I last ate, there's something on the floor I'm not touching, and now Cam and I are in a fight. I told him I want a divorce.” My jaw drops.
“Do you really?” I ask her.
“I have no idea! I don’t want him to quit touring because he loves the band, but I don’t want to do all of this alone.” I take Jake from her arms.
“You have me. Go eat and take a shower, I’ll take care of Jake.”
“Do you mind?” Megan asks and I smile. She's already getting out bread.
“No, I actually need to call Mikey because I just found out I’m really pregnant.” Michael and I are ready this time. We’ve been married a year, the band is doing great, and my bakery is doing wonderfully!
“That’s amazing, Carrie.” Megan tells me with her mouth full of sandwich.
“By the looks of things, I’m not sure if it is.” I say and Megan gets embarrassed.
“It’s tough, it really is, but you and Michael are solid. I’m sure you guys will be fine.” She tells me.
“You and Cameron are solid, too, I’m sure you’ll work it out.” She finishes her dinner and goes to take a shower. She walks back down half an hour later.
“Go, it’s midnight, you need the sleep.”
“Meg, you can rest if you want to. I would love to watch little Jake.” I tap his nose and he gurgles. “Ew, snot, take him back.” Megan takes him.
“Why, Jake? This is so gross.” She starts crying again.
“Is it really this bad?” I ask her and she looks at me. I can know see just how tired she is.
“You can go home, Car, you don’t need to catch Jake’s cold.” Megan starts singing to him trying to make him sleep so I leave.
“Hey, Carrie, what’s going on?” Michael asks when I call him.
“I love you.” I tell him.
“I love you, too, Car. Are you okay?” He asks me.
“Yeah, I am, but Megan and Cameron aren’t.”
“He just told me about their fight; sounds rough.”
“It is. I was just over there and she’s a mess; she’s not even a hot mess.” He laughs then gets serious again.
“Why do you sound happy? Car, I know you’re worried about them but I know you have a secret.” I smile and I hope he’s ready for this.
“Mikey, I’m pregnant for real this time. I went to the doctor earlier and it’s definitely not a false alarm.” He’s silent for a minute and I start to worry.
“This is amazing, Car! I wish I could be there with you right now. I’ll be home in a month and I want to know everything.”
“You won’t miss much, Mikey, just some puke.”
“Well try to save it for me.” He says and it grosses me out.
“I’ll try not to have any.” I tell him and he laughs.
“Okay, sounds good. Good night, Car.”
“Night, Mikey.” I say and hang up then head off to bed. Megan’s right; Mikey and I are solid.