Heart Attack Waiting to Happen

Chapter 32: Stay With Me.

Chapter 32: Stay With Me.

Josh's P.O.V

It’s been a little over a year now and things couldn’t be anymore wonderful. Me and Oli were so happy, the happiest we’ve ever been actually… the first couple of months after we got back together were tough, but we never gave up on each other we knew our relationship was worth fighting for. Oli joining therapy was the best thing he could have done, its made him see life in a whole new different aspect and it’s made our relationship that more unbreakable.
We both got jobs and with enough money saved we were able to get a place of our own. It wasn’t anything amazing, just a small one bedroom flat but it was a place to call our own… a proper home for Oli. It was perfect.
Mum thought we were way too young to be living together; I guess she was a little heart broken to see us move out, I knew she loved having us both there. But you grow up and life moves on…you fall in love and I guess you just want your own space.

It was a cold Sunday afternoon and I was in the living room decorating our Christmas tree. It was only a week till Christmas and we weren’t really gonna bother buying a tree but it just wouldn’t exactly feel like Christmas if we didn’t have one. And besides, it will be mine and Oli’s first proper Christmas together in our new place, I wanted to make it special for him.
“Josh my cookies are done, come try one.”
Oli called out from the kitchen.
We were going to my parents for Sunday dinner this evening and Oli wanted to bake some cookies to say thank you.
“Be careful they’re still abit hot.”
He stood holding the tray out to with his oven mitts still on, he looked for freking cute.
“Chocolate chip my fav!” I got all excited, grabbing one of the cookies and shoving the whole thing in my mouth.
“I know that’s why I made them love.”
“Oh wow. They taste like fucking heaven!” my mouth watered at the delicious taste of the chocolate chip cookie. Oli laughed at my reaction.
“So I take it you like them then?”
“Yes!”
I reached for another one off the tray but Oli slapped my hand.
“Hey! No more until after dinner Josh!”
“But but pleaseeeeee! They’re so good!” I whined, sticking out my bottom lip, begging him for another one.
“No, you will only spoil your dinner.”
“Oh!” I crossed my arms to my chest and frowned, throwing a hissy fit.
“Stop being a baby.” He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my cheek. But I refused to give in.
He let out a sigh.
“You can have as many cookies as you like after dinner.”
“Fine okay.” I smiled, wrapping my arm around him as I pulled him in to a kiss.
“Come help me finish the tree?”
“Sure.” He smiled.
I took his hand and walked us back into the living room, only to find Oskar pulling down the tinsel from the tree.
“Oskar what are you doing?!”
I pulled the tinsel out of his mouth and patted him lightly on the nose for being bad.
Oskar was the new little member to our family; I bought Oli a puppy for his 20th birthday last month, which he literally fell in love with the moment he layed eyes on him.
“Aw Josh don’t shout at him like that.”
Oli picked him up and wrapped him in his arms; Oskar smothered him in sloppy wet kisses.
“Oli he’s never going to learn if you keep being nice to him all the time.”
“Love he didn’t mean it, he just wanted to play. Didn’t you Oskar, you just wanted to join in decorating the tree, didn’t you?”
Oli’s voice went all baby like as he spoke to Oskar, rubbing his nose against his, I must admit they were so damn cute.
“Seriously Oli? You’re taking his side?”
“Love look, how can you be mad at him?”
Oli held Oskar close up to his face; they both pulled their big brown puppy dog eyes at me, making my heart melt.
“You two are mean ganging up on me like that, you know I can’t resist how fucking adorable you both are!”
Oli smiled ear from ear, handing me Oskar as he started licking me to death. Oli wrapped the tinsel around me and Oskar, making us look like a right pair of fools.
“Santa and his little helper hard at work.”
“Not quite.”
Oli took a picture of us on his phone.
“I love you both.” He giggled.
“Sometimes I think you love him more…”
“Maybe I do just abit.”
“Hey!”
“I’m kidding love!”
Oli laughed whilst kissing me.
Oskar barked making us pull away from each other, he seemed kind of jealous that I had Oli all to myself.
He was wriggling in my arms, fighting to get back to Oli.
“He wants daddy.” I rolled my eyes, passing him back over to Oli.
“Of course he does.”
Oli took him from me and sat down with Oskar on the sofa.
“You going to help me or not?”
“Give me two minutes with Oskar.”

“There it’s done!”
Oli snaked his arms around my waist from behind me, resting his chin on my shoulder.
“Nice job love.”
“Yeah no thanks to you.”
“I helped a little bit.”
His two minutes soon turned into never; Oli decided playing with Oskar was more exciting. I’ve turned into even more of a softie since Oskar join the family, I could never stay mad at either of them, which gave them the upper hand on me in situations just like this unfortunately…
Oli left a trail of kisses down my neck and then slowly started nibbling my ear lobe, fuck he knows exactly where my weak spots are!
I twisted my head round and pushed my lips down against his.
His left hand caress the back of my head while we kissed and the other hand sneakily snuck up under my shirt sending the butterflies flutter like crazy at his touch. He teased me by placing his finger tips just below my waistline; our kiss became more heated and I just wanted him right here and now.
I fell backwards onto the sofa pulling Oli on top of me; we both laughed but soon continued with our kissing.
“Josh love, don’t we need to get going?”
I rubbed my hand up against his semi erection through his tight skinny jeans. He let out a gasp at my touch.
“I think we have enough time for a quickie…” I hinted.
“You’re so bad.”
“You love it.”
We were passionately making out on the sofa and when I just manage to unbutton his jeans my phone rang.
Whilst still making out with him I grabbed for my phone which was placed on the coffee table.
“Nu-uh.”
“Babe I have to answer it, its mum.”
“Call her back after we’re done.”
It stopped ringing; Oli pulled my face back to his connecting our lips yet again.
My phone was still in my hand as It began to ring again, making my lips pull away from his again.
“Josh leave it.”
“Oli she’ll worry if I don’t pick up.”
He tried to grab the phone from my hand but I quickly answered it before he got the chance.
“Hey mum, sorry I didn’t realise the time…”
Oli dropped his head beside mine on the sofa and growled, annoyed that I answered.
“…yeah okay, we’re on our way now.” I hung up.
“Fucking cock block!” Oli shouted in annoyance.
I let out a little laugh.
“I’m sorry baby, but it looks like this has to wait till after dinner.”
“Man, I’m going to get you back so bad.”
“Hmm, I’m kinda looking forward to it…”
“Shut up.”

I was locking the front door as we were about to head over to mum and dads for dinner.
It snowed yesterday making it ankle deep on us; it was bloody freezing, I wanted to run back inside again! We both were wrapped up in our big coats and scarf’s and gloves, even little Oskar had his own little doggy coat on, which I thought was ridiculous at first but Oli insisted that he had one…to be honest he did look really cute in it.
“How comes Oskar gets a cookie and I don’t?”
“Oskar hasn’t had one yet…and I’m still annoyed at you…”
“Aww baby come on, after a couple of hours I’m all yours.”
“Yeah just you wait.”
“If you really can’t wait that long, we could always sneak up to my old room and erm…continue where we left off.”
A smile grew on his face.
“That doesn’t sound like a bad idea…”
Ha I thought so; I quickly placed a cheeky kiss on the lips before taking his hand and walking up the street.
We’ve been at it like rabbits ever since we got our own place, the excitement never left; it only grew more and more. We’ve more or less have had sex in every room, I don’t think there’s anywhere we’ve left out. Oli mentioned it to his therapist once…god knows why but apparently he said it was our way of connecting to one and other. Whenever Oli opened up to me and told me his feelings or something about his past we would make love…it’s a sign of our acceptance and love to one and other... god knows if that’s nonsense is true, but I’m not complaining.
We came up to a really icy path way, making it almost impossible to walk across without falling. I wobbled but saved myself from falling by grabbing onto Oli; he burst out laughing at me but as soon as he stepped forward Oli slipped on the ice and fell to the ground.
“Fuck!” he cried out.
“Baby are you alright?”
“My knee!”
I was going to tease him about laughing at me almost falling but
I could see a patch of blood already sinking through his denim jeans, it looked bad. His jeans were far too tight to roll up and take a look at the full damage; we had to wait till we got to mums to sort it out.
Oli stood up but whimpered at the pain as he tried to walk.
“Oli, get on my back and I’ll carry you.”
“You’re gonna give me a piggy back?”
“That’s what I’m offering.”
“Hell yeah!”
The pain soon left his face and was replaced with full joy; I didn’t think a piggy back ride could be so exciting.
I walked slowly through the icy path, I didn’t want to slip whilst Oli was on my back, and two of us down for the count would be a disaster.
I let Oskar off the lead as we got to the park; this was his first time experiencing snow, so he went kinda crazy. He was so funny, running and jumping around in the snow; he was still so small, we would lose him for a few seconds but then he would pop his head back up from the snow searching for us. He kept me and Oli entertained for awhile.
As we slowly got nearer to the playground, Oskar ran ahead.
“Oskar stay close!” I shouted out to him but he just ignored me.
“He’s not going to listen to you love, the snow is much more interesting to him than you are.”
“Oh why thanks babe!”
As we entered the playground I notice Oskar terrorizing some poor guy who was standing on the round about. He was running round barking and even growling at the guy; I’ve never seen him behave like this towards anyone before.
“Oskar leave the poor guy alone!”
“Something’s wrong…” Oli sounded concerned. He slid off my back, and slowly limped his way over to Oskar.
“I’m really sorry about this, he’s never done anyth…” Oli gasp, stopping mid sentence. Oskar was trying to break free from his arms but Oli seemed frozen.
“Oli baby, are you alright?”
His eyes were wide: they looked frighten and lost as he stared at the mystery guy in front of us.
He was shaking, and it wasn’t from the cold weather… I started to worry, what was wrong?
“Oli… as in Oliver…?” the guy curiously asked.
Oli grabbed my arm and gasp once again.
“T-tom?” he chocked.
What? There’s no way it could be! I shot a look over at the young boy. He was hiding away in his coat, his hood was covering his face but I was able to get a glimpse at his eyes…Those eyes; I remember those eyes from before…shit it’s really him!
“Yes… Oliver it’s me, Tom!”
“Tom!”
Oli passed Oskar to me and practically threw his arms around Tom and hugged him tight.
My heart was pounding; I can’t believe this is happening. After all this time he finally came back, over a year ago I last saw this guy right here standing in the same spot and I had no idea he was Oli’s brother. I regretted not knowing who he was and not being able to take him to Oli, everyday I wished that one day Oli could be reunited with his brother again…and today it has finally became a reality.
They pulled out of their hug, they were speechless and both had tears streaming down they’re faces from sheer happiness of finding each other. My eyes watered also, I was so happy for Oli, I knew this was all he ever wanted. I buried my face in Oskar; I didn’t want to interrupt their moment.
My phone rang, shit mum this isn’t the right time!
“Hello.”
Oli sprung round, tears still falling from his eyes, he shook his head at me still speechless but I knew what he was thinking. After all this time I gradually started to learn how to sort of read him.
“Sorry, we got distracted in the snow…I’ll be there in 5!”
Oli stumbled towards me, lost for words but it was okay I knew what I had to do.
“Josh I ca…”
“It’s okay, I’ll take Oskar and head to mum and dads. You take as long as you want okay.”
He nodded frantically.
“You sure you’re going to be okay with him?”
“Y-yes.” He wiped the tears away from his eyes.
“I’m just a phone call away if you need me.”
I kissed his cheek goodbye and left him in the playground with Tom.

“Finally sweetheart!”
Mum started dusting off the snow resting on my coat and beanie.
I still had Oskar in my arms; I didn’t want to put him down, I was still slightly in shock from what just happen. Tom’s back…but what does this mean? Oh god, is his mum back as well? Have they come back for him? No they’re going to take him away from me aren’t they?
No, Oli wouldn’t leave me…not now we’re so happy and have our own place… we have our own little family now, he wouldn’t leave us for them…he promised me.
All sorts were swimming around in my head; both good and bad, anything sudden could push Oli back into depression… He’s come so far in the last year, he’s almost a completely different person, he’s kept all his promise’s and he never really says a negative thing anymore like he used too…I can’t have them hurting him again and making him relapse, it will break him…no I won’t let them hurt him again!
I held Oskar closer to my chest, he kindly licked my cheek breaking me away from my horrible thoughts, his eyes looked concerned, he must have sensed something was wrong.
“Joshua sweetie, where’s Oli?”
“He…erm…can’t make it, sorry mum.”
“Oh that’s a shame; I was looking forward to seeing both my boys.”
“I’m sorry mum.”
“Its okay sweetie, you can take home his dinner for him later.”
“Yeah okay, here he made you some cookies to say sorry he couldn’t make it.”
“Oh bless him! These are his famous chocolate chip cookies too, your father will be pleased!”
Mum was far too distracted to notice something was wrong…good, I didn’t want her to know what had just happen, she would only worry herself.
I sat in front of the fire place, warming myself as I stared out the living room window, watching the snow fall.
As happy as I am for Oli finding his brother, I’m still really worried about him; I hope he’s okay…

After dinner I invited Vic to come over, I really needed to talk to him I was going out of my mind.
I slouched across my bed and let out a sigh, me and Oli were supposed to be having sex in here right now not me and Vic discussing our thoughts on the long lost brother matter.
“To be honest Josh, I didn’t even know Oli had a brother.”
“He never told you?”
“No, you know how he was…he was so secretive about everything.”
“Yeah you’re right.”
I stared down at my hands as I began twiddling my thumbs.
“You’re worried this might make Oli fall back into old habits aren’t you?”
He read me like a book.
“He’s been doing so well…I don’t want the past to mess him up again.”
“Oli’s a lot stronger than you think Josh.”
“I don’t want him to leave me…” my throat was filled with hurt.
“And he won’t…Josh he really does love you and over the past year I’ve seen him changed into this person who I never thought was possible. And it was all because of you, Josh he thinks the world of you, he’s not just going to throw that away.”
“Wow, who are you and what have you done with my best friend?”
He let out a husky laughed.
“Ha see, that’s how you know to believe me, I’m being nice about him for once!”
We both laughed.
Vic took one of the left over cookies from the plate, which I stole from my dad.
“Oh my god, these are amazing!”
“Oli made them.”
“Of course he did!”
Oskar tried to steal the cookie out of Vic’s hand but he weren’t having any of it.
“Hey back off mutt, this cookies mine!”
Oskar barked at him making Vic jump off the bed with fright.
“What the fuck man?!”
I burst out laughing.
“I think Oli might have trained him not to like you.”
“Ha well that figures!”
Vic sat down on my computer chair across the room, he felt he could eat his cookie safely away from Oskar there.
“Anyway, don’t worry too much about this okay. Like you said before, Oli always wanted a family, and he has you and Oskar already. Maybe his brother is just the missing piece.”
“But what about his mum?”
“He’s not going to put her before you.”
He did once…
His mum was my biggest fear, I knew just by clicking her fingers she could have Oli back just like that if she wanted too. I just hope Oli is strong enough to see sense and not give into her so easily… she’s the only one who has more power over him than I do, she can easily take him away from me if she wanted…and I had a horrible gut feeling she would love nothing more than doing so.
I felt sick; I didn’t eat much at dinner because the situation put me off completely.
I just hope to god Oli’s still at home by the time me and Oskar get back… I don’t want my family to fall apart, me and Oskar need him.
♠ ♠ ♠
The next chapter is going to be the very last chapter! omg i'm actually sad that this is ending :(
I hope you lovely people enjoy the fluff in this chapter, i thought i had to add Oskar to the story :)