Status: we'll see how this turns out

Strength Will Find You Sooner

Give A Damn

My running soon became a slow-paced walk.

I felt totally numb. Not feeling anything despite everything that had happened in the past hour.

My mind continued replaying what I saw in little gif-like scenes.

I felt sick.

I think I would have poured out all of the contents left in my stomach if some asshole hadn’t decided to bump into me resulting my ass to come in contact with the ground.

“What the hell…” I mumbled.

“Sorry! I didn’t see you there. I was in sort of a hurry.”

I didn’t reply and just stared at him blankly, noticing that he had dark brown curls peeking under his beanie and was wearing a hoodie over it. But what I wondered most was why he was wearing sunglasses in the middle of the night. I mean who wears those when the sun obviously isn’t around?

What a douchebag.

“Oh right um...” he muttered as he helped me get up from the ground.

That was when I felt a sharp pain on my ankle. Could this day get any worse?

“Are you okay?”

I gingerly nodded despite the pain I was feeling.

“Are you sure?”

I nodded once again and tried to walk to show him that I was, indeed, okay.

I winced at my first step.

“Well, it sure looks like you’re not.”

“It’s fine. I can probably put some medicine on it at home or something.” I said, finally finding my voice.

“How will you put some medicine on it when you can’t even walk properly to get to the tube? Let me take you to the hospital. That could be something serious, you know.” He insisted.

“I don’t even know you. I’d be crazy to trust a stranger who bumped into me and sprained my ankle.”

“My name is Harry Styles and I was born in Holmes Chapel but am currently living here in London for certain reasons. I am currently 19 years of age. Now you know me, yeah?” He gave me a toothy grin, showing off his dimples.

Dimples. Fucking dimples.

Harry Styles? Haven’t I heard that name somewhere?

“I’m Daisy and that’s all you need to know.”

“Well, Daisy, you could hop on my back so you wouldn’t hurt your ankle much. I believe we have to get your ankle checked soon.”

And just because I wasn’t really up to argue, I agreed.

I hopped on his back and wrapped my arms around his neck.

“My car is just around the back so we don’t have to walk that long.”

I hummed as a response.

When we reached his car, I was amazed that I saw a Range Rover parked in front of us. Who is this guy anyway?

“Wow.” I mumbled.

“Thanks, love.” He replied before carefully placing me on the passenger seat.

He called me love. Holy fuck. Can he not.

Rule number 1 in Daisy’s boy book: Do not call Daisy love because it causes her to have butterflies fluttering in her stomach.

As he drove away, that was when I noticed some people staring. I just shrugged it off and blamed it on how I certainly am not in my right mind at the moment.

“You alright?” I heard him ask. I once again hummed as a response.

“I know you could speak you know.”

“I’m just not in the mood to speak.” Then the conversation dropped.

Way to go, Daisy.

“Uh… Harry?”

“Yeah?”

“Can we head straight to my flat instead of going to the hospital?”

“But I think you should really get that checked out though.”

“I will some other time. I’m just not in the mood to do so today.”

“If that’s what you want then, sure love.”

Love. Love. Love.

“Thanks.”

I gave him the directions to my flat and he followed. I was really glad that he wasn’t asking any questions regarding why I was always replying that I wasn’t in the mood to do anything.

We reached the building of my flat when I spoke out.

“Well uh… thanks for the ride, Harry.”

I started to get out of the car when I heard him reply.

“You’re very much welcome but hey, how will you walk? I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t be able to.” He got out of the car and walked over to my side not giving me the chance to reply.

“Hop on my back.”

“I think I can manage walking, thanks.”

“Don’t be a brat and get on my back.”

I really don’t fancy an argument right now.

“Fine.” I grumbled with a huff as I got on his back.

We got in the building and up to my flat when he put me back on my feet in front of my door. I simply mumbled a thank you to Harry and proceeded to go inside and shut the door on his face.

I limped my way to my room, ignoring the pain shooting in my ankle but stopped when I passed by Scarlett’s room as I saw a familiar face on one of the posters she had plastered all over her room. I took a closer look and saw the guy who bumped into me and sprained my ankle on that particular poster.

Oh. That’s why his name sounded so familiar.

I felt like an idiot right now. I mean, I never really cared about that stupid boyband she always fangirls about anyway.

Well, might as well take this as an opportunity to show it off Scarlett’s face when she gets home.

Oh wait. Scarlett slept with your boyfriend, you idiot.

It hit me like a ton of bricks. Now that I was alone, I could finally sulk around and might as well have myself a cry.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and saw that I received a new message from one particular Harry Styles. But before I read that, I ignored and deleted all of the missed calls and messages that I got from Scarlett and Blake.

From: Harry
Make sure to get your ankle checked! :)xx


How did he even get my number?

Before I got the chance to reply to him asking just that, I felt my phone vibrate again.

From: Harry
I sort of stole your phone when you were on my back staring at space and thinking about whatnot. Hope you don’t mind hah xx


I stared it blankly for a moment then decided to text back.

To: Harry
I don’t really care.


After I sent it, I decided that I was too tired to even cry myself to sleep. I laid down, not even bothering to change into my jammies, and let the darkness take over me
♠ ♠ ♠
Daisy's outfit.

(chapter title credit: Give A Damn - A Rocket To The Moon)

Hi
So they meet
yeah
Comment, rec, and subscribe! :-)