Sequel: Here We Go Again
Status: This is my first story, so please be kind :))

Just for a Moment

Chapter 11

"Yeah, see you Monday" Alex smiled to Jack before leaving the house and walking down the street.

As soon as Alex was out of Jacks house and around the corner, he was leaning against the nearest wall with a small grin on in face. His mind was flicking back to the night before and how they cuddled and how Jack kissed his head and how he kissed Jacks cheek and how they slept in each other’s arms, he honestly thought that everything about the night was perfect and just wonderful. He felt like a girl with the way he was gushing over Jack but he just didn't care, he was falling for the younger boy and he wasn't going to stop himself this time. He had only known Jack for a short while, but in that short space of time he knew that he could trust Jack with his life. In fact he does. As much as he hates to admit it, Alex now relies on Jack to keep him safe, he is also relying on him to be a friend and maybe even show him some love and respect. Yeah, now he definitely felt like a girl.

With a sigh Alex pushed away from the wall and continued to walk down the street, humming to himself as he did so. He hadn't felt this good in a very long time; he just hoped that it would last. He got to the main street and looked around before heading in the opposite direction of his house; he figured that since he was in a good mood he would make it last and going home right now would not ensure that to happen. He walked down the street and into the park which was around the corner; he walked through the park and smiled at the kids screaming with glee and laughter and at the elderly couples walking around hand in hand. That was what Alex wanted, a relationship that would last a life time. He continued to walk through the park and eventually came to a lining of trees which he proceeded to walk through.

He walked through the trees for a while until he came to a small clearing, this was where he often came, and it always suited any mood he was in. If he was sad, he went there. If he was happy, he went there. If he was angry, he went there. If he didn't know what he was, he went there. He didn't know what it was but there was something about the overgrown meadow and the trickle of the creek which was a few yards away which made him clam and tranquil. To Alex this was the best place in the world, it was his place and he felt like it was the one thing that nobody could take away from him, ever. It was his little bit of heaven which he liked to think that nobody apart from himself knew about.

He sat down and lay back in the overgrown grass, letting the mid-day sun shine on his skin. He thought about how he could maybe bring Jack here one day. As soon as he thought about that he blushed, was he thinking too far ahead? He had only known the boy for a short space of time. He sighed and shook his head because when you know, you know and Alex knew. He knew that he wanted to have something with Jack and maybe if he was lucky he would get just that.

Alex sighed and closed his eyes, he was over thinking things and that was never a good thing, he reached an arm out and started to pick at the grass, just humming to himself. After a few minutes he eventually fell asleep and he may or may not have had very sweet dreams of Jack.

++++++++++

It was a few hours later when Alex eventually woke up, he sat up and saw that it was dark. He bit his lip slightly and quickly scrambled up from the ground, he hadn't been home in two days and his parents had no idea where he was, surely something bad was going to happen to him this time. He bit his lip before running back through the trees and through the now empty park. The scene had now suddenly gone depressing, it was a nice, warm happy day but now the streets were lifeless and had a dull flickering light upon them. It reminded Alex that not all happiness would last forever; at least that was what he thought.

He got home in record time and sneaked through the front door and into the hallway, only to be met with silence. He stuck his head out the front door and took notice that there were no cars in the driveway. Typical, he thought to himself. Alex was often alone when he was at home.

You see, Alex's parents did car for him. They always made sure that their son had food and water and everything essential. They loved their son but they loved their jobs more, they were constantly away on business trips or staying late after work or more than often going to important meals which really meant that they would spend around fifteen minutes talking about some greatly important business deal while the rest of the time was spent drinking and having the time of their lives. And tonight was no different.

Alex walked into the kitchen and saw a note sitting by the fruit bowl, he sighed to himself before going over to read it, wondering what their excuse would be this time.

]Alex,
We've gone out on another business trip and probably won’t be back for a while. There is some money on the kitchen table and it should be enough to last you the time while we are away
Love you.


That was it, nothing about where they were going and nothing about what they were doing. He sighed and shook his head, crumpling the note up and putting it in the bin, he looked to the money on the table and sighed to him, at least they loved him enough to leave him money. He shrugged to himself and went upstairs and to his bed. Although he hadn't eaten since breakfast, he wasn't hungry. All he wanted to do was sleep and that was what he was going to do.

He stripped down to his boxers and climbed into bed, pulling his covers up to his chin and closing his eyes. He let sleep take over himself, once again having sweet dreams of Jack.