Sequel: Here We Go Again
Status: This is my first story, so please be kind :))

Just for a Moment

Chapter 17

'He doesn't remember me. He doesn't remember me' was the only thing that was going through Jack mind. His first love and he didn't remember him. Jack looked to with a broken expression; the tears were falling down his face so rapidly it was almost like he was taking a shower. He closed his eyes and took a few shaky breaths, his chest wheezing slightly. He opened his eyes again and looked to Alex with a small smile.

"What do you mean 'Who are you?'" He looked to Alex with a little bit of desperation in his eyes. This really couldn't be happening to him. "It's me Lex, it's Jack" His voice became nothing more than a desperate whisper. "Alex" He whispered again and looked into Alex's eyes, hoping that it would cause a spark of recognition. "It's Jack, your Jack" He whimpered slightly when he saw that Alex was just staring blankly at him, and the heartbreak he had felt when he found Alex in a pool of his own blood came back and it came back with a vengeance. He shook his head and stood up, quickly fleeing away from the room. He couldn't believe that the boy he loved couldn't remember him. He ran into the cafeteria of the hospital and sat down at a table in the back. He put his head in his hands and let go and just began to sob. He stayed like that for hours, just sobbing into his hands and wondering where everything went wrong it was only when he thought that he was out of tears he stood up and hesitantly made his way back up to Alex. He needed to talk to the older boy and maybe if he was lucky he would be able to jog his memory.

He made his way back up to the boy and walked into the ward, he looked at Alex lying in his bed and smiled softly. He really was the most gorgeous thing he had ever seen. He bit his lip and walked over to the boy and sat down in the uncomfortable and way to sterile hospital chair and sighed. "I'm sorry for just running off, I guess that it just came a bit of a shock that you couldn't remember me. I shouldn't have run off."

"I-I'm sorry" Came the familiar soft voice a few minutes later. "I get the feeling that I should know you, but I just...don't" Jack looked up to Alex once more "I'm sure that you are a great person and that we got along really well, but I just don't remember you." He watched as Alex smiled a smile at him which was filled with pity. "I'm sorry" He whispered again, and this time Alex's voice was soft and sincere. Silence engulfed them both for a few moments and you could probably cut the tension with a knife because it was so thick. Alex eventually spoke again "If you want, we could always get to know each other again, I mean if you're this upset over me not remembering you we must have been close."

Jacks eyes brightened up at Alex's words, sure it wouldn't be the same, but he wasn't complaining. This was his chance to make Alex his own again, and he knew this time he wasn't going to let anything happen to his boy. He wouldn't let anyone lay a finger on him. "Y-yeah, I would really like that" He smiled softly and bit his lip slightly "That would be great."

"I'm Alex Gaskarth, it's a pleasure to meet you" Jack bit his lip with a smile and wiped at his eyes, taking the hand that Alex had held out for him and shook it.

"I'm Jack Barakat, and it's a pleasure to meet you too" He bit his lip with a giggle and wiped at his eyes.

"Well then Jack Barakat, tell me how close were we before...this happened" He gestured around the hospital room.

"Well..." He didn't want to say too much in front of Alex's parents, he wasn't sure how much they knew about his sons’ relationship with him. "Yeah, I guess that you could say that we were pretty close" He smiled as he remembered their kiss.

"You seem to have some fond memories" Once again Jack noticed that Alex's voice was soft and concerning. He nodded at Alex's statement with a smile.

"Yeah, I do." He looked to his fingers "It's just weird to know that you can't remember any of them" Tears sprang to his eyes and the waterworks began again. "I really wish that you could remember Alex, I really do." His tears fell more rapidly and sobs shook through his lanky frame. He heard the door closed and assumed that Alex's parents had left the room; he looked up and saw that he was right.

"Please don't cry Jack. I don't like to see you cry" He heard Alex's soft voice again and shook his head; he then felt Alex's hand on his cheek wiping away his tears. "Tears really don't suit you" The older boy whispered. Jack bit his lip and looked up to Alex, what he would give to kiss Alex now.

"I'm sorry" He whispered "It's just hard to know that you can't remember my favourite memory of us." He shook his head slightly.

"At least you have that memory, Jack. That's all that matters. As long as you can remember your favourite time of us together, then it doesn't matter whether I can remember it or not. Look, I know that I don't know you but I trust you. And I also trust you to tell me all of the times we spent together, okay?" And there it was again, Alex's beautiful smile. Jack smiled back to Alex and nodded, his body was shaking but his tears had stopped flowing.

"Okay" He smiled and nodded "Okay" Alex only grinned in reply of Jacks words.

"Wonderful Jacky! Now tell me our story so far"

And that's what they did for the next few hours. Jack sat in the god awful plastic hospital chair and told Alex about how they met and how he stopped his friends from bullying the older boy. He told him about how he would comfort him when he was upset and how they would sit on his bed and just talk. The only thing he left out about their relationship was the kiss that they shared a few days ago; he couldn't bring himself to tell Alex that his friends had hospitalized him just because of a simple kiss. He told Alex that the reason as to why he was in hospital was because he got caught alone in the hallways and a group of bullies had cornered him. Of course he felt bad for lying, but he did it to protect him. It was all a part of his plan, although it probably would have been better for Alex to remember.

"We seem to have a really good relationship" Alex nodded after Jack had finished explaining. "Although, I think that you might have missed something out" As soon as the words left Alex's lips, Jack had no time to question him because his lips were on Jacks and he was kissing him softly.

Jack instantly kissed back and placed one of his hands on Alex's cheek and kept the kiss slow but full of passion. He was confused as why Alex was kissing him, but there was no way in hell that he was going to stop. They kissed for a short while longer until Alex pulled away from him and looked into his eyes, gently stroking his cheek. "I love you Jacky, I love you so much" He whispered and traced his fingers over Jacks cheek and smiled softly.

Jack looked back to Alex with large eyes and a confused expression on his face, "Wait...What...How?" He shook his head and looked to Alex. "But you lost your memory and you couldn't remember me. You didn't know who I was." He shook his head "Please explain, Lexy. Please" His voice was almost a whisper.

"Well, you see I thought that I would probably be able to protect you from your friends if you thought that I didn't know who you were." He sighed slightly and bit his lip "I thought that you would be safer if you thought that I didn't know you and that if we had to build a whole new relationship with me, I thought that you would be safer" He whispered, his voice breaking at the end of his sentence. Jack shook his head and climbed on the bed next to Alex and wrapped his arms around him. "I just wanted you to be safe"

"You didn't have to do that Lexy, you didn't have to protect me." He shook his head again "I don't need protecting, I'm safe darling, I'm perfectly safe." He rubbed his arms "I'm assuming that you heard what I said to you earlier" Alex only nodded. "Well, I've gone back to them Lexy but it was so they don't hurt you" He laced their fingers together. "But I promise you that everything will be fine Lex. We will be fine and we will be together. You just have to give it some time, sweetie, okay?" He kissed Alex's cheek and smiled softly. Alex nodded and caught Jacks lips again.

"Now tell me what your plan is Jacky boy" Alex grinned with a smirk.

And in that moment Jack knew that he was more in love with Alex that what he had ever been before.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this didn't turn out exactly how I planned it but I think that it's good enough. Oh and thank you for the comments, I do read them but I'm really awkward and never know how to reply, but I really do appreciate them and I think that you're all amazing for reading this and sticking through with it.