Sequel: Here We Go Again
Status: This is my first story, so please be kind :))

Just for a Moment

Chapter 20

*3 months later*

It had been a few months and Alex was all healed and off his crutches, it was a bitter-sweet time for the boys, Jack still wanted to help Alex with everything and Alex would still snap every so often, causing there to be a small argument but nothing serious. After a few weeks Alex went back to school, he was still using his crutches but everything was okay, there was the odd comment and rumour going around but nothing was ever said to the older boys face. It has been a few weeks now and neither Jack nor Alex had heard anything from Jacks previous friends and everything had been great for them. They had both came out to the school and for the most people had accepted them, of course there were the odd group of people who gave them a side glance and a nasty comment but apart from that everything had been genuinely great. They had even had a few compliments of how cute they were together.

A few more weeks had passed and things have been different, especially for Alex. He couldn't explain exactly what was happening, but there was something going on with Jacks friends they were constantly sending glances to Alex and smirking to him. Once or twice now they would send probably the worst death glares Alex had ever seen and it honestly scared him and set him on edge but he didn't want to say anything about it, maybe they would stop soon, and it did for a while, everything just settled down and went back to normal for a bit but Alex was still on edge and with good reason. It was late on a Sunday night when he got a text from an anonymous number saying:

Gaskarth, I would be careful if I were you. There's a storm coming.

That was it for Alex and he broke down in a fit of sobs, he wasn't sure how much longer he could cope with this. He didn't want this. All he wanted was for him and Jack to be left alone and to be happy. He just wanted to live out his life as a normal person. He already had the perfect relationship, why couldn't everything just follow that pattern? Why must it be so hard for him? He pulled his pillow to his chest and cried quietly to his sob, remembering something his mother once said to him. 'Good people go through bad things'. He sighed to himself and dried his tears, he forwarded the text to Jack, figuring that he would want to know about it before climbing under the colours and slowly falling into a restless sleep.

*Next Morning*

Jack woke up the next morning with a sigh, the first thing he did was lean to grab his phone, a smile spreading across his face at the sight of seeing that he had a text from his boyfriend. He opened the message and his smile immediately fell when he saw what was sent. He shook his head and jumped out of bed and got ready for school. He had to fix this before anything could come of it. He sighed to himself and shook his head as he drove into school, why would someone dare say something like that to his Alex. Especially after everything had been going to well and how everything had been amazingly brilliant for them. As soon as he got into school he walked straight up to the group from hell, bubbling up inside of him.

"You" He looked around at each person. "You are the worst type of people, you are literally the scum of the earth." He shook his head slowly. “How dare you threaten my boyfriend. Don't you think that it's bad enough that you almost killed Alex, but now you're threatening him? I can only imagine how scared he is right now, in fact he is probably questioning whether it is safe for him to come in today, he probably genuinely thinks that he is danger because of that ridiculous text you sent him." He spoke through gritted teeth. "I really hope that one day you'll grow up and realise that not everyone finds your silly little jokes funny." He sent them one last glare before walking off, still seething with anger. He made his way back to his locker and kept an eye out for his boyfriend.

As soon as Jack saw Alex, he bit his lip. He hated to see his boyfriend so on edge. He walked over to him and wrapped an arm around his waist and kissed his temple. "Hey sweetie" He murmured and rubbed his hip. He notice how Alex jumped and honestly it upset him to see his boyfriend so upset. "You okay?" He whispered softly.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine" He whispered, trying his best to concentrate on Jack, but he was far too distracted with looking over his shoulder and wondering what was going to happen to him and Jack and he was honestly petrified. He saw Jacks friends and whimpered in the back of his throat and turned to hug Jack. "What are they going to do to us?" He whispered into Jacks chest. He could feel himself shaking and his eyes burning with tears. "W-what if they try to hurt me again? I-I don't want that to happen J-Jacky" He whimpered and closed his eyes, his breathing became ragged and his chest felt tight. He started to take deep breaths but he still felt like he couldn't breathe.

Jack looked down to Alex with slightly panicked eyes, he was wondering what was happening until he realised that his boyfriend was having a panic attack. "Lexy calm down" He murmured and kissed the top of his head. "Can you take some deep breaths for me please?" He rubbed his back and looked around. He could see people staring, including his friends. He scoffed and shook his head. He let go of Alex and walked off, a scowl on his face and a growl practically leaving his lips.

Alex watched as his boyfriend walked off, why was he leaving him? He said that he loved him so why was he leaving him when he needed him the most? He sobbed a little harder and looked around, and upon seeing everyone staring at him he ran off to the bathroom, wondering why everything was going wrong for him, suddenly thinking good people go through bad things wasn't good enough for him. He slid down the wall and put his head in his hands, sobbing loudly.

*A few hours later*

Jack staggered down the street to Alex's house, his nose was bleeding and he had cuts and bruises all over his face. He was sure his arm was broken and it was very painful for him to walk. He had been to the hellish group and had a few words, and it was safe to say that it didn't work out well for him. He eventually made it to Alex's front door and leaned against the door frame. "A-Alex" He whimpered and helplessly knocked on the door. "A-Alex please open the door" He bit his lip and prayed that his boyfriend would open the door.

Alex could here Jack outside and he could hear him whimpering and he was probably crying, but he just couldn't go to answer the door. He promised that he loved him and that he would never leave him but he did and Alex just didn't know how to cope with that. He sobbed a little bit and buried his head in his pillow and tried his best to shut out the sounds of Jacks cries and whimpers. How was he ever going to cope without his boyfriend? He was sure that he wouldn't be able to do it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back guys! Sorry it took so long to update, but here it is. :))

Comments and feedback are great :3