Sequel: Here We Go Again
Status: This is my first story, so please be kind :))

Just for a Moment

Chapter 7

After they had their little talk, Alex felt a little better and a little more confident. He now felt like he could open up and let Jack in a little bit, of course he wasn't ready to tell his deepest darkest secrets but he could talk with more ease now. Alex wanted a friend and that what was what he was going to get, and maybe if he was lucky he would get a bit more with Jack. That's right, you've guessed it, Alex has fallen for Jack and he had only had one conversation with the boy but that was all it took.

So when both boys were on Jacks bed watching Home Alone and eating the stupid amount of chocolate Jack brought up, Alex decided that he would get a little closer to him. They were about half way through the film when Alex was close to Jacks side and subtly getting closer. He was sure that Jack was completely oblivious to what he was doing since Alex had brushed Jacks hand with his own many times now. Alex was just about to give up and go back to his side of the bed when he felt Jacks arms wrap around his shoulder, and yeah that made him happy. The older boy leaned into Jacks side and rested his head on his shoulder; he was going to make the most of this.

As the film went on and on, Alex's eyelids got heavier and heavier until he eventually fell asleep with his hands balled into light fists on Jack chest and his head in the crook of his neck, soft snores falling from his lips, he snuggled even closer as his sleep got deeper and deeper.

++++
It was a few hours later when Alex woke up, but he woke up alone and covered with blankets. He yawned slightly and stretched out before getting up and rubbing his eyes. He was still in Jacks room so he supposed that was a good thing. He took a few seconds before he walked out of Jacks room and sheepishly started to walk downstairs, praying that Jacks parents weren't home yet because that would just be awkward. He stumbled down the stairs and looked around for a second before he eventually found Jack in the kitchen. He walked in and leaned on the unit, the heavenly scent of food was filling the room.

"Hi" He murmured softly, he didn't want to startle Jack when he was at the stove. That could go badly.

He watched as Jack spun around on his heel with a smile on his face "Evening, sleepyhead" The younger boy grinned.

Alex rolled his eyes playfully with a smile at his lips "How long was I asleep?" He looked around for a clock but couldn't find one.

"I don't know, a few hours maybe" Jack shrugged and Alex frowned slightly.

"You should have waked me up, it must have been awkward for you to have some random stranger in your bed" He looked up at Jack who only shrugged.

"You looked like you needed sleep" The dark haired boy smiled "And do you feel any better?" Alex nodded in answer to the question.

"Yeah, I do" He smiled slightly, tilting his head in confusion when Jack grinned a little.

"Then my mission is accomplished, I made you feel better!" Alex laughed as Jack clapped his hands; of course he thought that it was insanely cute.

"Thanks for that" He smiled bashfully.

"You need to stop saying thanks to me, it's no problem" He smiled as Jack chuckled. "You hungry?" Alex nodded eagerly.

"Oh my god yes." At this point Alex's stomach grumbled as if to make a point. Jack chuckled and nodded.

"Is pasta okay?" Alex nodded with a hum and a smile.

"Pasta's great" He grinned. Jack nodded and took the saucepan off the stove.

"Go and sit down then, it's almost done" Alex nodded and walked over to the small kitchen table and sat down, just watching Jack. He could get used to being with Jack like this. He really liked it, it felt right. Jack brought their food over and Alex smiled.

"Thanks" He smiled softly as he looked at the food "It looks great" He grinned before he began to eat, humming as he did so. "It is great” He looked up as he heard Jack laugh; he grinned childishly as he ate.
They ate in silence for a few minutes before Jack started to speak "D-do you think that your parents would mind if you stayed the night?" Alex looked up to Jack and smiled softly as he saw Jacks blush.

"I think they'd be okay with it" His blush matched Jack, he didn't know why they were blushing, he really doubted anything would happen, but then again, anything could happen. He saw Jacks smile wide and it made him feel good that he could make someone smile like that.

They finished eating their food and Alex helped Jack clear up, "That was great, thanks" He blushed slightly as he spoke as he handed over the now clean dishes. He smiled and blushed harder as Jack chuckled and rolled his eyes.

Once the kitchen was all cleared up, Alex felt Jacks hand in his own again and he was being pulled up stairs. They went back into Jacks room and flopped down on the bed "What are we going to do now?" He looked to Jack. He saw Jack smirk slightly before he suddenly felt Jack on his hips and he was tickling his sides. Alex burst into a fit of giggles and closed his eyes, squirming underneath Jack.

"St-stop" He laughed and tried to push Jack from him "J-Jack!" He giggled. He felt Jacks hand stop moving and opened his eyes to glance up to Jack, who was already looking at him. Alex bit his lip and saw Jack start to lean in closer; he kept looking at the younger boy, his heart beating a mile a minute. Was Jack actually going to kiss him? He leaned in along with Jack and their lips were millimetres apart, he closed his eyes and waited. Their lips were just about to touch when Alex heard the door close from down stairs.

"Jack, we're home" He glanced up to Jack who was blushing madly and scrambling off Alex. Alex blushed and sat up, looking anywhere apart from Jack. That was certainly interesting.

"Hey" The younger boy called downstairs before looking to Alex and scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. "So..." He spoke and trailed off. Alex nodded slowly and took a deep breath.

"So..." He repeated, things were awkward and he didn't want things to be awkward. "Wanna watch another film?" He smiled shyly, sighing in relief as Jacks eyes lit up as he nodded.

It was going to be a long night.
♠ ♠ ♠
This turned out better than expected, I think it did anyway.
So yeah enjoy!

Comments are appreciated :)))