Sequel: Here We Go Again
Status: This is my first story, so please be kind :))

Just for a Moment

Chapter 8

The ending credits of Home Alone started to roll and Jack looked down to the weight on his shoulder, a small smile came to play at his lips when he saw Alex was asleep on his shoulder. He honestly thought that it was one of the cutest sights he had ever seen, he smiled softly at the boy as he snored softly and cuddled closer to Jack. He stayed where he was for a while, just watching the boy. He could get used to this, just being with Alex. It was nice.

As some time passed, Jack started to get hungry but he didn't want to disturb the boy in his arms, he needed the sleep and he wasn't going to deprive the boy of it. He bit his lip and manoeuvred Alex so he was lying on the bed and wrapped in the covers, Jack smiled to himself when he looked down to Alex, he really was adorable. He considered taking a picture but he then told himself that it was probably a little weird.

With a reluctant sigh Jack walked downstairs and into the kitchen, seeing that his parents still weren't home he guessed that he was cooking tonight. He decided since he wasn't the best cook he would make pasta, what could go wrong with that? Apparently the answer to that was a lot. Five saucepans of water and many trips to the bin later, Jack had finally managed to get a hang of what he was doing and managed to get the pasta and the sauce under control. He stood at the stove with a small smirk on his face as he nodded to himself, it was rather sad that Jack was so proud of himself for cooking pasta after many attempts.

A few minutes later Alex heard a soft murmur from behind him, he spun around on his heel and grinned at the older boy "Evening, sleepyhead". Jack glanced back to the pasta before looking back to Alex.

"How long was I asleep?" The older boy asked and Jack saw him looking around. Jack turned back to the pasta for a second before shrugging.

"I don't know, a few hours maybe"

"You should have waked me up, it must have been awkward for you to have some random stranger in your bed" Jack smiled at this. Alex wasn't some random person, he was Alex. He may have only known the boy for a few hours but he felt like he had known him for most of his life.

Jack chuckled and shook his head "You looked like you needed sleep" He smiled slightly, remembering something "And do you feel any better?" After all, it was his aim to make Alex feel better. He grinned as Alex nodded.

"Yeah, I do" He bit back a giggle when he saw how confused Alex was.

"Then my mission is accomplished, I made you feel better!" Jack clapped his hands and grinned as Alex laughed.

"Thanks for that" He heard Alex say.

"You need to stop saying thanks to me, it's no problem" He turned around and chuckled while stirring the pasta “You hungry?"

"Oh my god yes" Jack chuckled and nodded.

"Is pasta okay?" He heard Alex hum.

"Pastas great" Jack nodded and decided that the pasta was cooked enough, well he hoped that it was cooked enough, he didn't know.

"Go and sit down then, it's almost done" He took the pasta over to the sink to drain it, biting his lip in concentration. He split the pasta and put it into two bowls and poured sauce over it before taking it over to Alex.

"It looks great" He heard Alex say, he looked down to the bowl and shrugged before sitting down. He watched as Alex started to eat and bit his lip, hoping that the food wouldn't give the boy food poisoning. "It is great" And yeah, this made Jack feel good. He was proud of himself for making food which didn't kill Alex and it was a bonus that Alex actually liked it.

Jack grinned and nodded before starting to eat his food. He had an idea but he really hoped that it wouldn't scare Alex away when he said it. "D-do you think that your parents would mind if you stayed the night?" He blushed softly and bit his lip, glancing up at Jack through his eyelashes.

"I think they'd be okay with it” And yeah, those words made Jack really happy.

After both of the boys had finished eating and clearing up, Jack grabbed Alex's hand and pulled him upstairs and back into his room. They both flopped down on Jacks bed and Jack and smiled slightly.

"What are we going to do now?" Jack couldn't help but smirk slightly at Alex's words, jumped on Alex and looked at him for a second before he started tickling him. Seeing Alex squirming and giggling underneath him made Jack really happy. It was one of the best sights he had seen in a long time and the boy beneath him just looked adorable.

"St-stop" Jack grinned and shook his head at Alex's words; he could listen to Alex laugh all day so he certainly wasn't going to stop now. "J-Jack" This time Jack stopped his movements and looked down to the boy beneath him, he was gorgeous and Jack just couldn't help himself when he started to stoop down and lean closer to Alex. As Jack got closer to Alex, he could feel the older boy’s hot breath on his lips and he was surprised that his heart hadn't burst out of his chest with how quickly it was beating.

Jack was just about to press their lips together when he heard the door close downstairs and his mother call up the stairs. Upon hearing this Jack scrambled away from Alex and called back down to his parents before looking back to Alex and awkwardly scratched the back of his neck. "So..." Wow, things were suddenly a lot more awkward.

"So..." He heard Alex repeat, he bit his lip and tried to avoid Alex's eyes "Wanna watch another film" And yeah, Jack was grateful for Alex right now because he really doesn't know how to cope in situations like these. Jack grinned and nodded and jumped on the bed next to Alex and grinned at the boy next to him.

"Go chose a film Lexy" He grinned as Alex rolled his eyes but got up and went to the cupboard. As Alex got up, Jack kept his eyes on the boy, since their little moment a few moments ago all Jack wanted to do was to hold Alex close and never let him go.

Once Alex got back to the bed Jack bit his lip and glanced to the boy next to him, after a few seconds of deliberating, Jack wrapped his arms around Alex's waist and pulled him close to his side. He didn't look at Alex as he did this because he knew that as soon as he did so the blush would return to his cheeks. "What film did you chose?" He risked a glimpse at the boy next to him and smiled when he saw that he had his head resting on his shoulder.

"Just some horror movie" As soon as the words left Alex's mouth Jack grinned slightly. Is it wrong that he hoped that Alex got scared during the movie and ended up in Jacks lap with his head in his lap?

They were about a quarter of the way through the film and sure enough Alex was curled up on his lap with his head nuzzled into his neck. Jack rubbed Alex's back soothingly with a smile, he was having the time of his life and he never wanted to let the older boy go. "You can turn the movie off if you want?" He smiled into Alex's head.

He felt Alex shake his head and curled closer to Jack "No, I'm too comfy to move" Jack smiled slightly and nodded because yeah, he could defiantly deal with that.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's okay I suppose.

Enjoy! :)))