Status: First story on here, hope it's okay! Find me on the ATL fanfic website- w4lkingtr4vesty :)

Falling Stars & Stitched Up Hearts

Nameless

JESS' POV

'Class, meet Miss Kennedy, she is our new pupil.'

I shifted under the weight of everyone's eyes. Scanning the room, it quickly became clear what the cliques were. To my left sat the majority of the football team which were being smothered by girls, directly on front sat the average kids - okay grades, okay personality, okay social life - and to my right sat 'the rejects'. I scanned the faces of everyone for a brief period, taking in their unique features. Feeling uneasy, my eyes fell to my feet and remained there as the teacher continued.

'Okay, take a seat just up there please.' he said, directing me to a desk up the back of the class.

I rushed over to the seat and plopped myself down, swinging my backpack off of my shoulder and placing it on the floor beside me. I pulled out my timetable and began to analyse it and the map provided, failing to make sense of the maze of corridors. I didn't dare ask anyone for help, that would just make everything worse. Already I could hear the whispers of insults flying around and could feel the odd looks I was receiving.

'Mr Barakat, late again?' moaned the teacher.

My head shot up and my breathe was taken away by the handsome teenage boy that had just stumbled into class. His hair was dark brown and spiking up in all directions, he wore a blink-182 shirt with some Vans and had on tight skinny jeans. I couldn't tear my eyes away from him as he apologized and, with a nervous expression, ran towards the seat directly behind me. As he passed, we made eye contact before he averted his gaze to the floor. Suddenly, my thoughts were interrupted by the deafening noise of the bell. I hopped off the seat and fell into the crowd of people that moved in wave like motions as they poured into classes.

All of a sudden it was lunch. I wandered out of fourth period and made my way to the field which I noticed a few periods back. I fought through the people and burst out of the doors, the fresh air blessing my skin like a well deserved drink does to your throat after a long run. I followed a wall that ran along the edge of the field and headed for a shady tree which looked peaceful. Sitting myself down, I took out my lunchbox and began to work at my sandwich.

The afternoon silence was broken by the faint noise of someone crying. As the whimpering became closer, I tossed aside my lunch and took to my feet. That Barakat kid came hurtling round the corner, his backpack falling to the ground, closely followed by him.

'Are you okay?' I exclaimed, slowly approaching the poor boy. His head shot up and he instantly began to retreat, scurrying backwards on the grass. 'It's okay,' I continued, a nervous feeling building up inside me.

'You're the new girl, right?' he said quietly, wiping away the tears. I could do no more than simply nod, the anxiety had gotten the better of me. 'Uh, please don't tell anyone about this?' he pleaded, grabbing his bag and making his way to the turn in the wall.

'What's your name?' I shouted after him but before I could get a reply, he was gone.