Status: Complete

Hellraiser

Part 15

Brian holds my hand as we anxiously await the test result. “Even if it doesn’t happen for us this time, we can always try some more.” Manson assures. “It’s just been difficult. If I hadn’t gotten in that accident, I wouldn’t have miscarried and this wouldn’t be an issue.” I answer, lightly squeezing his hand and nervously chomping my teeth on my cheeks. Manson comes up behind me and wraps his arms around my middle. The pregnancy test is sitting on the counter. “Honey, look!” He exclaims, picking it up. A positive result. “Oh, Brian! I’m so happy!” I respond. We embrace. “Vi, you’re going to be the mommy to our little vampire child, a gothic baby!” Marilyn says in a cute voice. I can’t help but kiss him. “And you are going to be the daddy to our little gothling!” I announce in a matching voice.
We leave to go back to Kansas that evening. I feel exuberant but I know it won’t be long before people catch on, I will have to tell my family someday and they are not going to be very thrilled.
“I’m going to find the best OB available, don’t worry, baby.” Brian said as we lay cuddling in my bed that night. “I don’t like doctors; they creep me out.” I whine, just to test his reaction. “Princess, I will be with you the entire time, you don’t worry.” He soothes. “Brian?” I ask. “Yes, my little deadly doll?” “Do you think we will be good parents? I mean, do you think we’re ready?” I question. “I think so, we have a lot of love between the two of us. So much love that we to share it with a tiny part of both of us. I’ve been wanting to be a father for a while now, I just hadn’t found the right woman until I met you. We’ll do fine, baby doll. Trust me.” He says. I snuggle into his side as he holds me. “I know, I’m just nervous.” I reply. “Oh hun, you know our little baby will be the luckiest thing ever. With a smart, beautiful young mommy to stay home and take care of her or him and it will have an intelligent, talented, wonderful, strong daddy, if I do say so myself, to work and support the family.” Brian states. I kiss him, he’s so sweet. “Just think, honey. It’s going to be you, me and a little bitty baby in one of our mansions with everything money can buy, and then some. We’ll make lots of brothers and sisters for it, and they’ll grow up and have kids of their own and then they’ll come back and see you and you can tell them all about their grandpa Manson.” He whispers. “You’ll be there too.” I answer. “I don’t know, a lot can happen, I probably won’t live that long.” Marilyn quietly said. “Well, if something happens to you, I’m going with you. I’m not living without you ever again.” “Vi, you’re sweet. My little wife.” “Marilyn?” “Yes?” He asks, holding me tight. “Promise me you’ll never leave. I love you so much.” I respond. He comically raises his right hand. “I promise I will never leave you, Violet Lynn Farley Warner. I just vowed, see?” He asks. “You goof! I love you.” “I love you too, Vi Pie.”
~
10 days pass. The last bell of the day rings and I walk out of the school. Only a few more days and it’s Friday! I think to myself. I notice Marilyn’s BMW parked, waiting for me. I get in. “Hey babe, what are you doing here?” I question. “I went to your parents in my ‘Hannah’ disguise and said I was taking you out of town for the day to go shopping and get our nails done.” He says with a wide grin. “Oh no, what are you really planning?” I ask. “Ok, so I think I found a good OB and I set up an appointment. It’s today at 4:30 in Wichita.” “Oh ok.”
We come up to a friendly looking office and walk in. The receptionist hands me a clipboard with some paperwork, Brian helps me fill it out. “I don’t know what half this stuff is.” I whisper. “It’s alright, I’ll help you.” He quietly answers. We return the clipboard and sit down. “I’m nervous, I’ve never done this before.” I say in Manson’s ear. He puts an arm around me and pulls me to him. “I’ll be with you, honey. It’s ok, I’ve never done this either.” Marilyn states. I feel a little better. “Violet?” A girl asks. “That’s us.” I mumble, getting up.
We go in one of the rooms and I sit down on the raised up bed thing. “The doctor is going to have you put on this gown, go ahead and change out of your clothes. It’s for procedure, ok?” The woman asks, handing me an ugly gown. “Alright.” I go in the bathroom and take off my clothes. “Brian?” I call from the door. “You need help, sweetie?” He asks. “Yeah, I can’t get this thing in the back.” I respond. Manson opens the door and ties the back ties. “Thank you.” I tell him. “You’re so hot, even in hospital clothes!” He exclaims. I smile and we take a seat.
Dr. Mitchell comes in and introduces himself. He seems nice but I’m still scared. Marilyn’s hand over mine makes me feel better. He rubs his thumb in circular motions and occasionally kisses the top of my hair while the doctor does what needs to be done. “Ok, I’m going to rub some stuff across your abdomen, it may be cold.” He warns. “Doc, do you think I could do that?” Brian asks. “Sure, if you’d like.” Dr. Mitchell answers, handing Manson a bottle some sort of gel. I notice Marilyn’s hands running across my tummy. The gel is cold but eventually warms up. The doctor explains everything, waving around some sort of device transmitting a blurry image to a screen. A light thudding sound is prevalent; I know it to be the heartbeat. “Brian, do you hear that?” I excitedly ask. “Yes, yes I do! That’s our little baby in there!” He happily answers, holding my hand. I know from that moment on that this is real.
We leave the clinic. “Where to now?” I ask. “I was thinking about taking you out to dinner, somewhere nice. A date, if you will.” Marilyn proposes. “Yes, I’d love to!”
~
I’m exactly 5 months along, Brian and I go back to the clinic and it was determined we are having a girl, so to celebrate we go shopping for baby girl things. Only the best baby things: goth, rocker and punk stuff. Little Tripp pants, tiny band merch, baby platform boots, small trench coats and everything for little gothic babies. “I’ve gained 16 pounds! I was 98 pounds a few months ago, now I’m 114.” I indignantly say. “Violet, you look fine, you pregnant, you’re supposed to gain weight! Besides, you are even more sexy now than when I met you. I’ll love you no matter what you look like, baby doll.” “Do you promise?” I ask. He kisses me. “Of course. Forever and always.”
In bed that night after some regular stuff, we lay together in warm embrace. Marilyn rubs my tummy and lowers his ear to it. I lovingly stroke is hair and enjoy his closeness. “I went to god just to see. And I was looking at me. Saw heaven and hell were lies…” He quietly sings, leaning his ear to the baby growing inside me. “That’s beautiful.” I compliment, putting my hand near his. He sets his on mine and leans the side of his face near it. “Hello, little one. How are you doing?” Brian asks. “Did you feel that?” Manson happily asks. I laugh. “She kicked you!” “Yes she did, she’s going to have your strength, that’s a given.” He states with a grin. “And your intellect.” We kiss and continue feeling the baby kicking. “Oh Vi Pie, I already know we’re going to have our hands full with this one, she is going to grow up to be just like me.” He whispers. “You say that like it’s a bad thing.” I reply. “Violet, I hope you aren’t planning on getting a job or anything.” “Why is that, Bri?” “Because, I want my woman to take care of the baby while I’m making the money. Basically, you just stay home and take care of the kids, a stay at home mother, if you will.” Marilyn explains. “Yes, that works for me.” “Good, I love you.” “I love you too.”
Morning comes, I carefully get out of bed without Brian seeing. A few minutes before I usually get up since I still have school. I stand at the mirror, pressing my nightgown to my tummy. I’m 5 months along and it shows. Not easy to hide. With a sigh I turn away, only to end up in Manson’s arms. “Good morning, my sexy deadly doll.” Brian greets. “Good morning, my sweet baby boy!” Footsteps are coming toward the door, Manson jumps in the closet. “Get up, Violet.” My mom says. “I am. I was just looking in the mirror.” I respond. “You’re getting a belly, I’ve been trying to get you to gain wight all your life. What is going on?” She questions. “Nothing, I guess… I um… am eating… more!” That’s right, I’m eating more. Hannah takes me to restaurants with deep fried food and stuff.” I say, technically not lying because Manson disguises himself as ‘Hannah’ to take me places, but I knew the reason for my weight gain was pregnancy, I just couldn’t tell her. “You and Hannah spend an awful lot of time together, who else is there with you?” “No one, just me and her and sometimes her sister.” “Uh huh. Have a good day at school. I have to be to work in 10 minutes.” Mom said. “Ok, bye!”
She closes the door and Marilyn comes out from his hiding place. “Brian, I think she’s onto me. I am going to have to tell her.” I blurt, extremely worried and beginning to cry. He pulls me in a hug, holding me close. “We’ll tell them together, honey, please don’t cry. Everything is going to be ok one way or another.” Manson assures. I sniffle. “Are you sure?” “Of course I’m sure, baby doll and we will tell your parents today when you get home from school. Nothing will hurt you, I promise.” Brian whispers in my ear, still tightly clinging me to him. I feel so safe and my fear melts away. “Ok.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I know. Not my best but better is sure to come. Let me know what you think