You Need a Jacket

Chapter 5 :3

You Need A Jacket – Part 5

Vic and I walked through the over grown field, hand-in-hand, in a comfortable silence, his thumb tracing circles on the back of my hand. It felt…perfect.

As we approached his car, Mike was there, leaning against the passenger door.

The moment we saw him, we let go of each other’s hands.

‘What have you guys been? I’ve been waiting here for…’ He looks at his watch ‘5 whole minutes!’

I let out a small chuckle; he can be such a drama queen.

Seriously though, my hand just got a hell of a lot colder.

‘Kells, need a ride home before we head to the concert?’ Vic said snapping me out of my thoughts.

Shit, I forgot about Blessthefall tonight.

My eyes widened, ‘Umm…no, I’m good, I’ll just walk home, got some time to kill.’

‘What? You locked out or something?’ Mike asked.

‘Something like that…’ I mumbled.

‘Well, you could always come to our place.’ Mike smiled.

‘Sure your parents won’t mind?’ I asked, keeping my head down.

Vic smiled.

Stupid. Fucking. Butterflies!

‘They’ll be cool with it, we usually bring Jaime and Tony home with us, and they pretty much just come over, raid out fridge then go home.’ Vic chuckled.

I smiled back at him and Mike and went to open one of the back doors.

‘Kells, sit up front.’ Vic said. I could have sworn I saw him wink at me; either that or I’m still a little dizzy from holding his hand.

I smiled again, opening the passenger side door; climbing inside and Vic drove out of the school parking lot.

----------

As we drove home, I could hear Mike and Vic hyping about the concert tonight over the music playing loudly.

Don’t get me wrong, I was excited. I mean, who wouldn’t be excited about seeing Blessthefall?! But in the back of my mind, I knew my dad would kill me if I came home really late.

Or I could just climb through my bedroom window when I get back and leave for school early.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I felt Vic poke me in my side, causing me to squeal.

Damn it! Why am I so damn ticklish?

‘Sorry.’ He chuckled.

‘No you’re not.’ I pouted.

He smirked, ‘You’re right, that noise you just made was hilarious.’

I rolled my eyes and climbed out the car, a smile tugging at my lips.

We walked into the house and I was taken back at how nice their house was.

There was a long hallway, with the walls full of family pictures, which lead to a kitchen, and a door that I guessed lead to the living room. The kitchen was like one of those modern ones you see in house magazines, and it was HUGE! Hell, it was probably bigger then my house.

My mouth hung open, ‘Wow.’

Vic gave me a questioning look, ‘What?’

‘You’re house is…awesome.’ I giggled, sounding corny.

Vic chuckled, ‘This isn’t the half of it.’ He said with a smirk on his face.

With that, he grabbed my hand and led me up the stairs.

We stopped outside a door covered in posters of various bands; Architects, Motionless in White, Blessthefall.

Oh. My. God! Could he get anymore perfect? Seriously?! It’s killing me!

‘Welcome,’ He started, grabbing the door handle, ‘to paradise.’

He swung the door open, revealing a HUGE bedroom, walls, ceiling and closets covered in posters, shelves full of books and CDs, a flat screen TV and a bed; the bed kinda looked smaller than a double, but bigger than a single.

I was in heaven!

‘Holy…Shit.’ I managed to say, mouth agape.

He chuckled, ‘You like?’

‘Like? I fucking love!’ I said.

My dad would never let me cover everything in posters. Said he spent so much time painting my walls and stuff. Asshole.

‘Glad to hear.’ He said smiling, inviting me in.

Butterflies exploded in my stomach. I was about to go into Vic’s room!

I cautious walked in and he closed the door behind me, making all the blood rush to my cheeks as soon as I heard the door click shut.

I…I think I have a crush on Vic…

Shit!

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Vic speak, ‘Earth to Kells, anyone there.’ While waving a hand infront of my face.

‘What? Oh, sorry, just daydreaming about…’ I looked around the room and said the first thing I saw, which was a pile of ‘Socks.’

Real smooth Kellin.

Vic had a confused look on his face, then burst out laughing.

‘Kells, that was the worst excuse ever!’ He laughed.

I blushed harder and scratched the back of my head.

After he stopped laughing he gave me a serious look, ‘So tell me,’ he said taking a step towards me, ‘What’s going on in that pretty little head of yours?’ He questioned.

Pretty little head?! If I were an overly obsessed fangirl I’d scream that my ovaries just exploded.

Ok, now I know I have a crush on him.

‘Kells?’ He asked, snapping me out of my thoughts again.

Note to self; I really need to stop doing that.

Fuck! I’m just going to have to tell him…not that I have a crush on him, that’d be weird. Tell him I’m gay, I don’t want him to find out later and hate me.

I sighed and looked back at him, ‘Before we go tonight, I wanted to tell you something.’

He looked at me with confusion, ‘O…k.’

I took a deep breath, ‘Ok, before I tell you this, will you please promise me that you won’t think any different of me.’

‘You didn’t kill a guy or burn a building down did you?’ He questioned.

I chuckled and punched his arm playfully, ‘I’m serious!’

Taking another deep breath, I looked back at him, ‘Vic I need to tell you that…I’m…umm…well-‘

‘Out with it Kells, I don’t want to miss the concert.’

‘I’m trying!’ I said ‘Ok, Vic…I need to tell you that…I’m gay…pleasedon’thateme!’

Vic looked at me in shock, but then his face softened.

‘Kells, why would I hate you? Dude, I’m gay!’ He chuckled.

My mouth almost hit the floor again!

‘What?’ I almost yelled.

He chuckled, ‘Yup, couldn’t you tell?’

I shook my head, causing him to chuckle again, ‘And I thought you were a smart guy Kells.’

‘Hey! I am smart! You’re just the last person I though would be gay.’ I said, throwing one of his pillows at him.

‘Violent little one aren’t you.’ He chuckled and threw it back at me.

I just pouted and sat down on his bed, which was perfectly made until I threw the pillow at him.

‘Hey, come on, you can’t be mad at me.’ He said, batting his eyes at me.

Damn his fucking cuteness.

‘Anyway, we need to get ready for the concert.’ He said, walking over to the closet and pulling out 3 BTF shirts. ‘You not changing?’

‘Umm, I don’t have any other clothes.’ I shrugged.

Vic chuckled, looked down at the shirts, and threw one to me, ‘Wear this.’

‘You sure.’

‘Yeah, I mean, I can’t exactly wear all of them.’ He chuckled.

I looked at him a smiled, ‘Thanks Vic.’

----------

‘Holy fuck! Its so fucking cold!’ Mike shouted.

We’d been waiting in line for around an hour and the temperature was dropping. Being small and skinny really sucked when it was cold.

Everyone else in line was wearing a layers of hoodies, and I was only wearing a thin shirt and a thin hoodie.

I was so cold, my body began to shake and I wrapped my arms around myself for warmth.

It wasn’t really working.

I suddenly felt someone wrap their arms around me. Looking up in confusion, I saw that the arms belonged to none other than Vic.

‘You looked cold, just trying to keep you warm.’ He smiled.

I wrapped my arms around him, causing my body to heat up.

‘Thanks Vic.’ I said, smiling contently, cuddling into him a little.

I heard someone whistle at us, turning around, I saw that it was Mike.

‘Shut it Mike! Its fucking freezing out here.’ Vic yelled at him, causing me to giggle into Vic’s chest.

The next thing I know, I can feel someone else hugging us. Looking up I came face-to-face with Mike.

‘Hey Kellin.’ He said with a grin on his face.

‘Mike, get off me!’ I heard Vic yell.

Oh, brotherly love.

Mike laughed and got off of us just as the doors to the venue opened, and everyone filed in.

----------

There were so many people here! I could barely move. Never thought I’d be this close to Vic, Mike, Tony and Jaime.

‘Hey, you guys want anything from the bar?’ Vic asked.

We all asked for some water and Vic left for the bar. While he was gone, I began thinking, Vic wouldn’t be able to carry it all over to us, so I was about to walk over to the bar to help him when some girl jumped infront of me.

She had stringy, short blonde hair with long extensions in and looked like she’d head-butted a make-up tray in the dark.

‘Hey!’ She squealed.

‘Umm…Do I know you?’ I asked.

‘What? Oh! No!’ She giggled in a high-pitched voice, ‘I saw you when you came in, you’re really cute.’ She said, playing with her hair. ‘I’m Ally.’

‘Look, Ally, I’m flattered but-‘ I started.

‘Kells!’ I heard Vic yell. ‘Kells, babe! I’ve been looking for you!’ he yelled, walking over to me with some water, snaking his arm around my waist.

Well this was…cosy.

‘Got you some water, babe, don’t want to passing out on me.’ He said, kissing my cheek, causing me to blush harder than I ever though possible.

‘Thanks, urmm, babe.’ I said to him.

‘Oh, who’s this.’ Ally said, with confusion plastered all over her face.

Fuck, some people are dense.

‘This is my boyfriend, and you are…?’ Vic asked her.

‘Just leaving.’ She finished and rushed off.

When she was out of sight, Vic removed his arm, making me groan from the lack of contact. Luckily, it was too loud for him to hear.

‘Well, she seemed nice.’ He joked.

I punched his arm playfully. ‘Not funny man, she was scary as fuck!’ I yelled.

Vic laughed and pulled me into the crowd once more, just as Awakening began.

Tonight was going to be fucking awesome!
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry I haven't updated in like...a month ^_^; I just finished my first year of college and I've been working a lot, but I finally finished chapter 5 for you lovely people and made it longer, hope you like it! :D