You Need a Jacket

Chapter 8 :3

You Need A Jacket – Part 8

Kellin’s P.O.V

The last thing I can remember was Vic yelling for help and the sound of the door crashing over. After that, everything else is a blur until I got into the ambulance, where I was drifting in and out of consciousness.

I do remember someone screaming, demanding they come in ambulance with me, but my head was so fuzzy I couldn’t tell who it was.

I finally woke up in a hospital bed, with bandages wrapped tightly around my arm, and wearing a hospital gown.

That’s creepy, someone saw me naked…

Why do I even need a gown? Its not like I’m going to be staying long.

I never understood why it was open at the back either. I mean, isn’t it a little weird that people would be able to see my butt.

And I was huge on me! They could have at least found one that didn’t make me look like a small child wearing their dad’s shirt.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when there was a knock at the door.

Looking over, I saw it was Mike, Jaime and Tony.

Smiling, I gestured for them to come in and they soon rushed through the door, Mike and Jaime getting stuck in the doorway as they tried to walk in at the same time.

Eventually, they made it into the room without injury, Tony laughing as he entered the room after them.

‘Dude! What happened to you! We heard that you passed out in the bathroom, Vic was so worried dude!’ Mike said.

‘Hmm, yeah, so worried that he didn’t show up.’ I mumbled.

Jaime looked at Mike and Tony, and Mike nodded to him. ‘The only reason he’s not here, is because he’s scared of hospitals. The last time he was in one, was because he lost a lot of blood.’

‘Where from?’ I asked curiously.

Tony gestured toward my bandaged arm.

My eyes widened.

I feel like such a jerk.

‘Believe me, he wanted to come. He even tried to climb into the ambulance with you. Then when they wouldn’t let him, he started to panic, thinking that you’d be in the same situation as him and he ended up having a panic attack.’ Mike explained. ‘When we were on our way down here, he was in the nurses office.’

Now I felt worse.

I’m such a douchebag.

‘When are they letting you out of this place?’ Tony asked, changing the subject as quickly as possible.

‘I don’t know, I guess anytime.’ I said, still unsure.

‘I’ll go ask the nurse.’ Mike said, then left in search of someone.

----------

2 hours later, we were driving home in Vic’s car that Mike had borrowed.

The doctors said I wasn’t a risk to others, or myself so they sent me home with some painkillers for the throbbing in my arm.

The radio was turned up and the guys were singing along while I just starred out the window.

Then a thought occurred, ‘Wait, is Vic still at school?’

Looking over at the time on the dash of the car, it was only 2:30pm; there was still 30 minutes of school left.

‘Someone wanna call Vic?’ Mike yelled over the music.

I pulled out my phone and dialled Vic’s number, turning the radio down as I did so, earning myself a wave of complaints.

I shushed them as the phone started ringing.

After about 4 rings, he finally picked up.

‘Hello? Kells? Are you ok?’ Vic said with a panicked voice.

I smiled, ‘Yeah, I’m fine, are you still in school?’

‘Yeah, I’m still in the nurse’s office, why?’ He asked.

‘We’re driving to come get you, we’ll be outside in like 10 minutes.’

He chuckled down the phone to me, making me smile too. ‘I’ll be waiting.’

‘Ok, bye.’ I said.

‘Bye Kells.’ He said before hanging up.

I sighed contently, catching the attention of the others.

‘Awwww, Kellin’s blushing!’ Jaime shouted.

My eyes, widened ‘What?! No I’m not.’ I protested, hiding my face.

‘Awww, is Kellin all embarrassed?’ Mike teased.

‘Shut up.’ I pouted.

They all laughed.

I giggled back, turning the radio back up.

----------

When we pulled up to the front of the school, Vic was sitting on the steps just outside the door. His headphones on and his hair was partly covering his face.

He looked at us as we came to a stop and smiled.

I jumped out he car a run over to him. I wanted to make sure he was ok, you know.

‘Vic! Vic, dude are you-‘

I was cut off when he threw his arms around me tightly, into a bone-crushing hug.

‘Kells, your ok.’ He said with relief.

‘I’m fine, the question is, are YOU ok?’ I asked.

He pulled away enough to look me in the eye. ‘Me? Kellin, you’re the one who was in hospital.’

‘Yeah, for like 3 hours, I’m fine.’ I smiled.

He chuckled and shook his head, ‘I’m fine, let’s just go home.’

We walked back to the car just as Mike climbed into the backseat so Vic could drive.

----------

We pulled up outside Vic and Mike’s house after taking Jaime and Tony home.

After parking and locking the car, we headed into the house, me and Vic going up to his room, Mike going to his.

We sat on Vic’s bed in an awkward silence.

My heart was literally about to burst out of my chest.

We were in his room again, on the same day that we kissed in the bathroom.

Eventually, Vic broke the silence.

‘I…ermm…I was really worried, Kells.’ I stuttered.

‘Yeah, I was worried too.’ I mumbled back, ‘I heard you had a panic attack.’

‘Can you blame me?’ He snapped. ‘One minute you’re throwing up, the next you pass out! And why could I smell alcohol in the bathroom?’

I winced as he raised his voice. This was a side of Vic I didn’t like.

‘I’m sorry.’ I whispered, tears brimming on my eyes.

He let out a sigh, pulling me onto his lap, wrapping his arms around my waist.

‘No, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have yelled. I was just scared.’ He said, resting his forehead against the side of my head.

‘But why?’ I asked, a tear falling down my cheek.

‘Why?’ He asked. ‘Isn’t it obvious?’

I looked at him with a confused expression, shaking my head.

‘Kells, I’m going to be completely honest here,’ He said, taking a deep breath. ‘Kells, the truth is, I really like you. That’s why I went after you when you ran past me, that’s why I kissed you at the concert, and that’s why I was worried.’

I was speechless.

He likes me.

Victor freaking Fuentes likes me!

‘Kells, please say something. Don’t leave me hanging dude.’ He chuckled.

‘I…I…’ I stuttered.

You know what, fuck it.

I turn to face him, placing my lips on his.

As he kissed back, I could feel a smile tug at his lips. I placed my hand on his cheek, stroking it lightly with my thumb.

Awww, he still had a little stubble.

This was perfect.

Or at least, it was until the door swung open, making me and Vic jump apart, as Mike’s head came poking through the door.

‘Well, it’s about fucking time!’ He laughed, closing the door.

I bury my head into Vic’s neck to hide my embarrassment, as Vic chuckled, pulling me closer.

Still perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry its been a while ^_^; I'll explain soon on why I haven't updated in awhile. Tried to make it extra long to make up for it, and I hope it doesn't seem rushed or whatever. Hope you enjoy it and I'll update soon :) Love you guys! :3