You Need a Jacket

Chapter 9 :3

You Need A Jacket – Part 9

Kellin’s P.O.V

Me and Vic were walking down the street, our hands brushing every now and then. The cool night air made the whole moment perfect.

After a few hours spent at Vic’s place, talking, movies, sharing the occasional kiss here and there, I realised it was almost 10pm. I needed to get home to my piece of trash father.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I felt Vic’s hand intertwine with my own, causing blood to rush to my face and butterflies to once again explode in my stomach.

I swear, he really needs to stop doing that.

He thumb rubbed small circles on the back of my hand, causing my face to become even hotter.

Fuck, I felt like I was in a sauna.

As we approached my house, I could see my dad’s car parked in the driveway.

‘You don’t have to walk me to my door, I can take it from here.’ I laughed nervously.

I didn’t want to risk my dad coming out and seeing us.

Really not in the mood to get the shit kicked out of me again.

Vic looked at me with confusion plastered on his face. He was so cute when he was confused.

Kellin! Snap out of it motherfucker!

Note to self; stop arguing with myself.

‘Are you sure?’ Vic asked.

I smiled. ‘I’m sure. Its fine.’

Vic smiled at me, causing me to almost go weak at the knees.

He snaked an arm around my waist, pulling me close to him.

I smiled back at him, wrapping my arms around his neck, pulling him closer.

We inched closer until our lips were centimetres apart.

Just as we were about to close the gap between our lips, the front door of my house swung open.

My eyes shot open and I pushed Vic away.

‘Kells, wha-‘ Vic started.

‘The hell are you doing over there, faggot?!’ My dad screamed from the door.

I turned to Vic, who had a look of both confusion and devastation on his face.

Nice one Kellin.

I pulled him out of sight, ‘I’m sorry, I’ll explain everything tomorrow.’ I whispered quickly to him.

He still looked hurt.

Without another word, he turned and walked away.

I sighed. I’d really messed up this time.

The only thing I could do now was face my dad.

I walked back toward the house, him still standing in the doorway, clutching another bottle of what looked like vodka.

Typical.

‘Where have you been you fucker!’ He screamed, ‘Get in the house!’

Before I knew it, he’d grabbed the collar of my shirt, dragged me into the house, slamming the door behind him.

He threw me to the floor.

‘Tell me where you’ve been, faggot!’ He yelled, causing me to flinch.

‘No-nowhere dad.’ I stuttered.

‘Liar!’ He yelled, raising his fist.

The next thing I know, his fist collided with my face, and everything went black.

----------

When I woke up, everything was dark.

I pulled out my phone to see it was 3:20am, and I had 10 missed calls from Vic.

The last call was 5 minutes ago.

I re-dialled his number, picked myself back up and walked back to my room.

After 2 rings, he answered.

‘Kells? Are you ok? What happened? Are you hurt?’ He whispered down the phone.

I couldn’t help but smile. He genuinely cared.

‘I’m fine, I think, I’ll explain everything tomorrow.’ I said back, ‘Just, promise me you won’t leave.’

‘What?’ he asked.

‘Just promise me.’

He sighed, ‘Ok, I promise.’

‘Ok, so I’ll see you tomorrow?’ I said, changing the subject.

He chuckled down the phone, ‘Yeah, I’ll pick you up at the usual time.’

‘Ok, Night Vic.’

‘Night Kells,’ He said, ‘Wait, Kells?’

‘Yeah.’

‘Stay safe.’ He said.

I smiled again, ‘I will.’

I hung up, fell back onto my bed, clutching the phone to my chest.

Then a sudden feeling of panic swept over me.

What if he didn’t care?

What if he didn’t want to deal with someone who has a father like mine?

A tear escaped my eye.

Sighing, I got under the covers and tried to fall asleep.

----------

The time between waking up and Vic getting to my house seemed so fast.

Climbing into the front seat of his car, I noticed Mike wasn’t there.

‘Where’s Mike?’ I asked.

Vic had a blank expression on his face, ‘He walked to school.’

‘Oh…Ok.’ I whispered.

‘So, are you going to tell me what happened last night?’ Vic said.

Damn, he wasn’t messing around today.

I took a deep breath, ‘I didn’t want you to get hurt.’

‘Why would I get hurt?’ He asked.

Looking in the rear-view mirror, noticing a purple bruise on my right eye.

I turned toward Vic, ‘Because I didn’t want this to happen to you.’ I said pointing at my eye.

He turned to me, his eyes widened and he slammed on the brakes, causing me to almost slam my head onto the dashboard.

Luckily, there were no other cars behind us.

‘Kells,’ He whispered, ‘did he do this to you.’ His hand cupping my left cheek.

I nodded.

‘I didn’t want him to hurt you either.’ I whispered.

A sudden look of rage came upon Vic’s face.

‘That asshole! How could he do this to his son! I swear if I ever see him, I’ll tear him a new one! No one hurts the boy I lov-‘ He stopped mid sentence.

My eyes widened.

Did…did he almost say he loved me?

‘Vic?’ I asked.

He face was crimson red.

‘Sorry Kells. I…I didn’t mean for that to slip-‘

I silenced him by cupping his face and gently pressing my lips to his.

This kiss felt different to the others.

More, passionate.

When we separated, we looked into each others eyes, smiling from ear to ear.

‘Kellin, there’s something I want to ask you.’ Vic said, the serious look on his face.

Oh god! Please no more questions about my dad!

Anymore and I’ll break down crying!

And lets just say I don’t look attractive when I cry!

‘Su-sure.’ I stuttered out.

He turned in his seat so he was facing me best he could, taking my hands in his, rubbing circles on the back of them with his thumbs.

‘Kellin, will you be my boyfriend?’
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry its late again! Lucky for you guys I'm no longer working, so I should have some more time to update for you guys and maybe write a few one-shots.
Leave me any ideas for one-shots in the comments and I'll try and update again this week!
Love you guys! <3