Status: Active :)

Don't Stop Now

About A Girl

As Tracy's flashy car approached Baltimore, so did the clouds. The air had a bitter chill to it, stinging Amanda's arm that hung out of the open window.

''Listen, I think we're going to have to go on a little shopping spree. All of your clothes consist of shorts and tank tops'' Amanda's mom chuckled.

''Yea, I don't think they're going to help much in this kind of weather'' Amanda mumbled.

Within minutes, the car pulled up to a decent sized house. Amanda actually thought it was beautiful. It was white and had blue shutters with a very romantic looking porch.

'Maybe this isn't so bad', she thought to herself.

The removal van was already there, with bulky men transporting the boxes into the new house.

''Amanda!'', Tom exclaimed.

He walked over to her and pulled her into a giant hug. Amanda wrapped her arms around him and smiled to herself. She watched as her mom watched them with a smile on her face. She was happy for her mom. Her and Tom were just perfect for each other, and she couldn't wait until it was made official by marriage.

''Hey Tom, do you need any help with the unloading of the boxes?'' Amanda asked, making herself useful.

''I think we'll be fine hun'' Tom smiled at her and told her to go explore the house.

She turned around ready to walk into the new house, when she caught a pair of eyes. There was a boy standing just outside the house next door. He was very tall and lanky, he seemed to be around the same age as Amanda. The boy began to walk towards Amanda. At that moment, none of them had seen someone as beautiful as each other in their entire lives. Amanda looked to the ground and tried to think of something to say to this mystery boy. The boy was thinking the exact same thing. She looked up as she felt a presence right in front of her. They both gasped inaudibly and stared at each other. He had deep brown eyes, so dark that it was almost as if you could get lost in them. His hair was black with chunks of blonde, and it hung messily from his head. She felt her face heat up, so she looked back down to the ground. The boy was mesmerized. He had never seen eyes like hers. they were a hazel colour, dotted with amber specks. Her hair was the deepest black, the same as his and hung loosely in curls, resting on her shoulders. He didn't want to say anything because he didn't want to fuck up and sounds like a weirdo. After what felt like an eternity, Amanda raised her head just as the boy held out is hand.

''Hey I'm Jack'', Jack said while sticking out his shaking hand.

''I'm Amanda, nice to meet you'', she whispered while placing her delicate hand into his calloused one. They both felt an electric currency speeding through their bodies. He let go of her hand, and she was slightly disappointed. Jack scratched the back of his neck and hung his head down. He did not want Amanda to see the current blush on his face.

''So I see you've just moved here'', Jack stated while pointing to the removal van.

''Yea, from sunny California'', Amanda smiled in response.

''Dude! Why would you move here, to rainy old Baltimore then?'', Jack said with a slight chuckle.

Amanda grinned at the sound of his laugh, ''My mom's getting married to her boyfriend and he lived nearby, but they decided they wanted to buy a house together, and here we are''.

Jack was speechless. Her voice was like an unknown melody. It was perfect. It matched what she looked like and made her even more appealing.

''Well I guess we're neighbours then! I live there'', Jack exclaimed happily and pointed to his house behind him.

''I guess we are!'', Amanda also exclaimed. She couldn't help it. Knowing he lived next door made her happy. Jack made her happy, and hell, she'd only had a five minute conversation with him!.

''Mandy! You need to unpack missy!'', Tracy shouted from the porch.

Amanda jumped slightly, not expecting her mom to be calling her. She didn't want to go. She felt connected with Jack and wanted to learn everything about him as soon as possible. Little did she know, Jack felt exactly the same way, he maybe longed for her even more than she did for him. This was a scary concept for Jack. He'd never really had a serious girlfriend and had never been in love. He thought that maybe he could already be falling for this girl.

''Well I'd better go...'', Amanda forced out, trying to hide her disappointment and snapping Jack out of his daze.

''Yea of course. Umm do you think i could... umm maybe have your.. uh number?'', Jack said with a hint of hope laced in his apprehensive voice. He was nervous and he knew she knew. Amanda thought this was absolutely adorable, and was jumping up and down inside.

''Yea sure, here type yours in and I'll type mine in''. They exchanged devices and quickly tapped the numbers in. They gave back the phones and just stood there awkwardly.

''So... I'll see you around right?'', Jack managed to get out.

Laughing, Amanda said ''Jack we live right next door to each other. I'm sure we'll see each other everyday''.

Jack smiled back, he couldn't be more happy right at this point. Jack contemplated whether to hug her or not. He didn't want to scare her off by being too forward. Before Jack could do anything, the slim, tanned arms belonging to Amanda were wrapped around his skinny waist. He finally engulfed her in a hug, and could feel the butterflies again. They pulled away from each other, without a word they started to walk towards their own houses. Like in a typical romantic flick, they both turned around at the same time, catching each others gazes. Jack had a goofy grin slapped across his face and Amanda's grin was making her face ache.

Amanda finally reached her door and stumbled inside. She leant again her door and let what happened sink in. For the rest of the night her mind was in another world. She couldn't stop thinking about the boy she thought she could possibly be falling for.

She made it to bed quite late, due to the amount of unpacking that had taken place. She curled up onto the plush bed, buried under the mass of covers. Her phone vibrated on the table next to her bed and she groaned. She just wanted to sleep. She opened up the text without looking at who the sender was.

From: Jack (:
Sweet dreams beautiful x

The silly grin appeared on her face once again as she sent Jack a message back.

To: Jack (:
Goodnight handsome x

Suddenly, she wasn't grumpy about someone waking her up any more.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, what do you think?
I need comments and subscribers to make me feel as if I'm a good writer!
Any suggestions and constructive criticism are welcomed :)

Love,
Maria xoxo