An Offering to the Water Gods

Chapter 2

My whole body hurts, my throat is raw, my tongue feels like sand paper and i'm cold! Could this day get any worse?

I groaned and rolled over, which let me tell you, is hard to do when you're rolled up in a ball like i do when i sleep... Why is my bed so hard and why is it so cold in here? Where the hell is my fuzzy super monkey blanket? Did i kick it off again last night? Dammit, i swear i need to strap my blankets to me when i sleep.

My eyes fluttered open then closed again as i licked my lips, trying to soothe the burning sensation but only ended up in making it worse as my bone dry tongue raked across my cracked lips. Wait a second... Where was my glow in the dark star sticker covered ceiling? Did i fall asleep at the ship yard again?

I sighed and opened my eyes again, staring at the gray rock like ceiling... Just where the hell am i? I don't remember seeing anything like this back at the ship yard. I slowly sat up, every muscle in my body soar. I looked around and my eyebrows knit together... Am i in a cave?... When the hell did i have time to go cave exploring? And more importantly, why don't i remember?

I hope i didn't slip and fall and get a concussion... That'd suck, i can't afford hospital bills. My hands flew to cover my mouth and nose as i became very aware of a disgusting rotten meat mixed with dead fish smell. "Oh god, is that me?" I tried to smell myself but all i could smell was that terrible oder.

I stood with a slight wince and looked around for water, spotting some near the mouth of the cave i walked towards it and froze in horror when i saw where i was. "What the hell? Is this a fucking joke!?" I exclaimed loudly, staring out at the ocean in front of me. "Where the hell am i!?" This has got to be a joke...

Everything from earlier came rushing back to me, taking a nap under the docks, getting kidnapped, being stuck on a boat with a bunch of dirty pirates, being pushed off a plank into the ocean... And that... That thing... "Dammit!" I screamed in frustration, punching the closest thin to me, which just so happened to be the cave wall. My scream of frustration turned into one of pain when my fist connected with the hard rock, splitting open the skin on my knuckles when a loud pop sounded from them.

"Why are you so loud?" A creepy monotone voice asked from behind me in a strange accent that i couldn't place. I looked around for the source of the voice but couldn't find it. "You didn't answer my question... Why do i smell blood?" The voice continued. I hesitantly looked over the edge of the cave into the water to see a scale covered face looking back at me.

I might've fainted if i wasn't mesmerized by the creatures eyes. They where such a pale blue they almost looked white and their pupils where snake like and creepy... This thing has got to be one of the most creepy yet beautiful things i've ever seen in my life. "What are you?" I couldn't help the cliche question from leaving my mouth. What? I might already know the answer but i want to confirm my suspicions before i start assuming things.

"I am Killix of the of the Acionna Llyr." It spoke in it's strange voice. God i feel so weird, like i'm talking to a fish or something, and i swear i understood maybe four words out of that sentence... I studied it's scaly face, mesmerized by the strange uniqueness, i mean, it's not every day you meet a fish person. It had a very angular face with harsh features.

A soft gasp left my lips as the light green tinted scaled slowly faded into satiny smooth skin. The creepy eyes turned a darker shade of blue. I blushed when i looked down and quickly looked away, "Oh dear lord, your definitely boy." I nodded awkwardly. The boy, or rather man, pulled himself up onto the ledge and placed a large smooth hand on my shoulder.

"Oh, please don't touch me when you're naked." I sang, moving out from under his touch and towards the back of the cave where the stench from earlier was more prominent. The man studied at me with an intrigued look on his face, just standing there, staring... In all his birthday suit glory. Now, don't get me wrong, i've seen a man naked before, and i'm not virgin, but this dude just turned from a half fish man into a sexy naked beast, how do you expect me to act? It took everything i had to keep my eyes anywhere but him, i stared at the walls, the ceiling, the floor, my own hands, everything but him. I thin that upset him because he frowned and started walking towards me.

I couldn't help staring at him as i took a step back with each step he took forward. I choose to stare at his chest so i wouldn't be tempted to look any further down south or be forced to meet his eyes. His chest was smooth and hairless with well defined abs in a six pack. His skin was now a deep tan color, reminding me of a beach boy. The hair on his head a soft looking wavy black mess.

I had to stop when my back was pressed to the wall. He continued to advance towards me till he was hovering over me, so close i could smell the sea salt on his skin though he wasn't touching me at all. I jumped slightly when he squatted down and picked something up off the ground, quickly standing back up and holding it out to me. It was a cup of what i think was water. When i didn't immediately take it, the frown on his face deepened and he forcefully grabbed my hand, placing the cup in it before bringing it up to my mouth. I parted my lips and stared at his face while he tilted the cup and the cool refreshing liquid rushed into my mouth.

I finished the cup in a matter of seconds and looked at him pleadingly, wanting more. He smiled slightly at the looked on my face and shook his head, turning away from me. He headed towards the caves mouth and leaned over the edge. He scooped a handful of water into the cup, shaking it around slightly. I watched in amazement when the dense murky salt water dissolved into crystal clear fresh water right in front of my eyes. He held the cup out to me and i quickly took it, staring at the contents for a couple of seconds before downing it in a couple of gulps.

My raw throat felt a little better but i was still soar and more tired than i had ever been before. I guess drowning and nearly dying does that to you. I leaned against the wall and slid into a sitting position, letting my eyes slip closed. I could hear the sound of foot steps coming my way but i didn't care at the moment, was exhausted. The mystery freak, what was his name again? well, anyways, he sat next to me and placed something soft and warm over me before placing a smooth arm around my shoulder and pulling me to him. My head rested on his shoulder as i passed out. Oh if this boy is naked when i wake up, i'm gonna turn him into a girl if you know what i mean.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think? It's alot longer then the first chapter and i hope that makes up for it. So comment what you think and make my day! ^_^