Let Live Again

Only Temporary

I promised Alan I wouldn't leave until he was released from the hospital. He was treated for a few broken ribs, a punctured lung, and a concussion, and was sent on his way two days later.

Now that he was out, I had to go to the airport to go back to Huntington Beach. It was a rainy day here, and it put Alan and I in sorrow moods. We went back to the bus, finding my bag tossed out in the rain. My heart sank. Teary eyed, I bent down to pick it up to bring it back to the car. "I'm going to kill Austin." Alan muttered as he tried to help me.

"Go get in the car and behave yourself. You need to be resting, not fighting." I told him, pushing him back to the taxi we had. He crawled back into the backseat and I joined him, telling the driver to take us to the airport.

I leaned my head against Alan's shoulder and held his hand, resisting the urge to violently sob. I didn't want to leave him. Austin's bitterness towards me was the only reason why I wanted to leave now. Alan knew it would be best that I did long enough for the whole situation to blow over. Our whole car ride was silent, only Alan and I sharing last minute cuddles and kisses as our final few minutes were trickling down to nothing.

Once we were at the airport, we got out and retrieved my bag from the trunk of the taxi. Hand in hand, we walked into the busy airport, checking me in at the ticketing station. My bag was taken from me to be put on the plane and Alan walked me to the security checkpoint where we would say our final goodbyes.

He held me tightly in his arms, pulling me as tight as he could into his chest. I could see a pained expression on his face, but he tried to ignore it just to hug me. "I love you so much, Jace. I want you to be safe and call me when you get home. And I promise once we play our last show, like literally, right after I put my guitar away, I'm coming home to you baby."

"Alan, don't make this difficult." I smiled a little, kissing his cheek. "I love you too."

"I just don't want you to go."

"I don't want to. I wanna stay with you, but I can't because I feel like everyone is mad at me. You can't deny that tension."

"I know I can't and I'm really sorry for it. Austin shouldn't treat you like that. None of it was your fault and it's all happened. Why can't we just get along and be lucky that I'm fine?"

"Alan, you're not fine.. Look at you. Your adorable little face is black and blue. Your ribs are a scary shade of purple. You have a cut on your cheek. You're not fine."

"You and I have complete different definitions of fine, babe." he laughed a little, leaning down to kiss my lips. "I love you. I'll see you soon."

"I love you too.. Bye." I said, letting go of him.

"Don't say bye when it's only temporary."

"I guess you're right. I'll see you soon, then." I wave, walking away from him. I went through the security checkpoint quickly, then turned my head to see my ginger boyfriend still standing in the same place I had left him. His face looked sad and it shattered my heart into pieces. I waved again to him and he waved back, then he turned his back to me as he began to walk away. A lump formed in my throat as I watched him go.

I picked myself up and went on, boarding my plane to the place that I now called home.
♠ ♠ ♠
short chapter, but it's working up to something. ooooo, what do you guys think it is