Status: Complete <3

You Have My Attention

Service

Sorry I took so long to update, guys! So sorry!!!!! Nice long chapter to make up for it, though! By the way, I haven't proofread this, I'm going to tomorrow, so sorry for any mistakes!

*****

“So… You’re blaming this on phone signal?”

Flashback to fifteen minutes previous –

“Andy…” I mumble, shuffling my feet awkwardly.

Andy looks up at me, worried blue eyes snapping from the ground to my face as my voice reaches his ears. Around me, Jake and Jinxx move off to find ways to occupy themselves and make themselves look busy, obviously eager not to be made a part of what’s sure to be an awkward conversation.

CC already left when he and I set foot on the bus, and Ashley wasn’t in the room to start with, meaning the conversation is between only Andy and me.

That’s a bit…unfair to Andy, I suppose. I should really be talking to all of them; they all left me. But, Andy has the strongest and most meaningful connections to me, so he’s the one I’m most angry at.

“Lukass…” he breathes, standing up from the sofa swiftly and striding over to me, wrapping his arms around me tightly once he reaches me.

Against my neck, I can feel his warm breath ghosting on my skin. His heart pounds quite heavily in his chest – something I can feel through his shirt and against my own chest.

“Shit, Lukass, sweetheart; I’m sorry” he mumbles, running a hand through my hair and pressing my head against his chest.

“Why?” Is all I can say, pulling away from his tight embrace and moving to sit on the couch he just got up from.

“Lukass, I can explain, just… before you get mad, I can explain” he takes a seat next to me and starts to speak, holding my hand in his own as he explains his reason for not being there this morning.

“You see, I woke up and you were fast asleep, so I thought I’d go get us some breakfast in bed or something, do something nice for the morning after, you know? So I went down and the queue was quite long and whilst I was done there, the other guys all came down together as a group. I asked why they hadn’t called us and said they were going down for food but Jake said he thought we’d want to have breakfast together as a couple and I was like ‘oh, you guessed my plan exactly, actually’. So we talked and by the time we got near the front of the queue, we could see they had barely any food left, so I thought I’d go get us some food from a nearby diner or some shit instead, because I thought you’d be fast asleep. So, I left the hotel with a quick wave to the guys and I went off in search of a diner. That’s when it went downhill… on the way there, I started thinking about how I’d missed your birthday and I saw some shops opening up, so I thought I’d have a look, you know? See if I could find something you’d like, and then I had a really good idea but I had to go enquire about it and I knew that’d take half an hour. So I sent a text to Ashley once I was inside the building asking if he could give you a message if you woke up and I wasn’t there saying I would be soon and to tell you I’m sorry if you did wake up. I also asked him to tell you that if I wasn’t back over half an hour from when I sent the text to go to the bus and I’d meet you there, because we had to check out of the hotel by midday and I didn’t want to leave it to the last minute to check out. Anyway, after that, I enquired about this thing and like thirty five minutes later I was heading back to the bus, assuming you’d got the message from me via Ashley to come to the bus. The reason I texted Ashley and not you directly of course being the fact I didn’t want to wake you up if I was only going to be gone ten minutes, but since I’d been gone over the half an hour I’d specified, I assumed Ashley had come and got you.

Anyway, so I got back to the bus and was so excited about the plan, I immediately started telling Jinxx all about it as soon as he casually asked where I’d been and whilst I was happily chatting away, the bus had started moving. Deep in conversation though, that didn’t really register as a problem to me since in my mind I thought you’d be on the bus.

It was only when we’d been driving for like fifteen minutes and I was done talking to Jinxx that I came to find you, and then when I couldn’t find you, I went to Ashley in a panic and asked if he’d woken you. He said he hadn’t since he didn’t know he was supposed to and I kind of flew into a rage… I thought he’d just ignored my text but then he showed me his phone and he was right, he hadn’t got a text from me. So I checked my phone only to find that there was an exclamation mark next to the message saying it wasn’t sent due to the fact I had no signal and when I checked, it said I had absolutely no signal, even when I turned my phone on and off again. So the other guys looked at their phones and they had no signal either, then it occurred to me that we’re all on the same network and there must be a problem in the area with signal.

So, that left us with no signal to call you with and a bus that was moving further and further away from the hotel without you. I got upset whilst Jake made the driver turn around and then once we got back CC rushed off to find you and then, here we are. You’ve got to believe that I wouldn’t leave you on purpose, Lukass. Look, you can even check my phone and you’ll see the message I tried to send and you’ll see that none of us have got signal!” he pulls out his phone and pushes it gently but forcefully into my hands, obviously eager to prove to me that he’s telling the truth.

~

End flashback


“I’m not blaming it on phone signal; I should have checked it sent. Well, I am blaming it because who checks if their texts send? But, I don’t know! I’m not sure! I didn’t mean to so I don’t think I should get blamed but at the end of the day, there’s no one else to blame but me, so I guess I should be blamed. I’m so sorry, Lukass” he sighed, sounding nothing less than disappointed in himself.

“Andy” I slid off the sofa and crouched in front of him.

I reached for his chin and tilted his face up, smiling re-assuringly at him as soon as his upset gaze met mine.

“Andy, I understand; I don’t need to check your phone because I believe you. And…” before I continued with my sentence, I dropped my volume, not wanting the others to overhear out of embarrassment. “And I had a lot of fun last night; I don’t want to ruin my memories of that over a mistake. So, do you wanna just put this behind us? You’re not to blame and neither am I, so let’s just not worry about it, okay?” before I could continue, Andy’s lips collided with mine before he moved his head back to beam at me.

“You’re incredible, you know that?” he asked with an expression drastically happier than the one he had a minute a go. “You’re so amazing”

“I’m not really” I protested, climbing off the floor and onto his lap, which was infinitely comfier.

“Yes, you are. Now, if you’re ready, we need to go get changed, because when we get to the next city, we’re going to do what I was enquiring about earlier for your birthday. Thankfully, they’re a big enough company that they have several locations and they have one in the next city. I’m sure it’ll be something you’ve never, ever done before!” he cheered, kissing my cheek.

“Really? What is it?” now I was intrigued – what was he planning?

“Secret! Now go get changed into something that’s not too complicated to change in and out of, jeans and a shirt or something” he demanded playfully.

“That’s sounds dirty” I teased, sliding off his lap and heading for the bunks.

“Not like that, Lukass!” he laughed, as I disappeared into the bunk alley.

I knew he wouldn’t leave me on purpose.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guys! Sorry for not updating in two weeks, I feel awful! I've been so busy since I last updated, I saw BMTH and PTV live ^.^ I've been to a uni conference, had people stay over, met a load of new people, conquered one of my fears, got a guitar from the lead singer of one of my favourite bands, met one of my favourite bands, eaten some passionfruit o.O and re-dyed my hair as well as doing a load of coursework!

How've you all been?
Anyway, sorry again that this is late and I hope this chapter didn't suck, I'm kind of tired.
Anyone guess what Lukass's surprise is? (If anyone guesses it I'll be genuinely surprised).

xo KilljoyAndProudOfIt