Status: Complete <3

You Have My Attention

Make The Memories, Keep The Photos

The second to last night of tour rolled around just a few days after. It was Friday night, and what were we all doing? We were hovering over Jinxx's passed out, trying to keep our laughter quite as to not to wake him up.

Earlier on in the night, we'd all gone out and had a few drinks, but Jinxx had over done it and was now lying on his back, in a drunken slumber, snoring in the middle of the bus floor.

"You'd have thought he would’ve at least made it to his bunk” Jake laughed under his breath, staring down at his fellow guitarist with a hint of mischief in his eyes.
“Yup. Still, there’s an opportunity for an end of tour prank, here!” I gleefully suggested, knowing that Jake would immediately be on board with this.
“Hell yes! I still haven’t forgiven him for ruining my mouthwash… You can’t just buy that shit, you know? I gotta order it online” he grumbled under his breath.
“Well, now you can have more revenge. Don’t know about you guys, but I say we make a Jinxx Cake” Andy suggested, biting at his lip as he grinned.
“Jinxx Cake?! What is a Jinxx Cake?” Ashley exclaimed, but quietly.
“A Jinxx Cake is a wonderful thing. A Jinxx Cake is a Jinxx covered in everything you can find around the bus. For example, ketchup, squirty cream, I’ll even sacrifice some of my Skippy’s Peanut Butter! So, who’s ready to make a cake?” Andy smiled innocently, looking between the conscious members of the group with wide blue eyes.

Not a single voice answered him, instead, we all just darted off in different directions. Ashley, CC, and I went for the kitchen whilst Jake ran to the bathroom, follow by Andy just seconds later.

“What are we going for?” CC asked, looking around as if searching for inspiration.

“You heard the man – everything you can find!” Ashley replied, opening the fridge and pulling out a few bottles I recognised as mayonnaise, ketchup and mustard. “Come on, no time to waste, haul ass, you two!”

CC and I scrambled about, grabbing cream, peanut butter, sprinkles, marmite and everything food we could find that we could spread and smear on Jinxx. Hopefully the smell of it all mixed together wouldn’t wake him up, because this was bound to be hilarious.

We all gathered back around Jinxx, arms full of everything we’d found.

“You all ready? And make sure you’ve all got you phones on you so that if he starts to stir we can take a few photos and run” I murmured, crouching down to slide Jinxx’s shirt up his body so that it bunched under his arms, leaving his chest exposed.

“Ready” CC replied, popping the lid open on the ketchup bottle and holding it over Jinxx’s belly button. “Three...Two...One...”

With that, we all set to work, smearing and pouring and dolloping everything we’d gathered onto Jinxx’s chest, creating a horrible multi-coloured mess. Throughout the time, Jinxx occasionally twitched or flinched but didn’t wake up, and in under ten minutes, we’d completely covered him in everything we’d found and taken a fair few pictures.

It was a masterpiece, even if I did say so myself.

“Now what?” Ashley asked, but Jake was already miles ahead of him.

“Now, we hide in the bunks and stay silent until ‘bang!’ we make a really loud noise and then go silent again. Hopefully, he’ll wake up and discover what we’ve done. All the while he’s doing that, we’re filming everything on our phones, recording the beautiful moment and keeping it safe on our phones’ internal memory for as long as we please” Jake explained, sliding his iPhone from his back pocket and waving it slightly as soon as he mentioned filming.

“That, my friend, is pure genius” Andy replied, retrieving his phone from his pocket and prompting us all to do the same.

As quietly as we could, we snuck into the bunk alley, creeping and giggling like drunken teenagers sneaking back into their houses after curfew. Once we were there, we all started recording and positioned ourselves at the edges of the curtain that closed off the room, allowing only the ends of our phones with the cameras on to poke out discreetly.

“What noise are we using to wake him up? Want me to get a loud alarm up on my phone?” I asked, but Andy simply shook his head and smiled before anyone else could reply.

“I got this. Ready? Three… two… one-WE WILL NEVER SLEEP! ‘CAUSE SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!” Andy screamed at the top of his lungs, making everyone jump slightly.

Apparently, that also included Jinxx, as we found out soon after when we heard Jinxx let out a scream of his own.

“Motherfuckers!”

And it was in that exact second that we realised we should stop filming, and run as fast as our legs would carry us.

Jinxx was coming, he was covered in crap he was ready to wipe all over us, and he was angry.

“Shit. Run!”.