Sequel: Celestial Cataclysm
Status: No matter what happens, keep fighting.

Wretched Apocalypse

Chapter Fourteen - Lament (Jinxx)

*Bang!*
​​
It’s strange how one simple sound can mean so much. A gun shot, a terrifying piece of work, one of vengeance, violence and wrath. It can simply happen in a split second, everything feels like it is going in slow motion. Especially, when you see a friend of yours, get a bullet straight through his head.
​​
“You son of a bitch!” Ricky screamed.
​​
I looked ahead as I saw a figure standing across at the next aisle, lowering his weapon. I moved a little closer as I caught sight of some blonde and black hair. Before us stood the lead guitarist of All Time Low, Jack Barakat.
​​
“Guys!” I heard Billie yell.
​​
As if on cue, Billie, Mike, Brandon, Jake, CC and Chris ran around the corner.
​​
“Oh no...no, no, no,” Chris stammered as he knelt down beside his band mate.
​​
I glared at Jack, my blood beginning to boil as I stepped towards him.
​​
“Nice going idiot, what the hell is your problem!” I yelled.
​​
Jack suddenly had fear in his eyes as I stood in front of him, my fists clenched tightly by my side.
​​
“I-I’m sorry I thought he was one of them. I am so sorry, please forgive me, I’ve been here all by myself, I’ve had no one here. Not since my...boyfriend Alex was eaten by one of them, and I lost my other two friends, Zack and Rian. Please, I am so sorry, just...kill me if you want to,” he choked.
​​
Tears started to fall down his face and I immediately felt so guilty. I suddenly just found myself pulling him into my arms and hugging him tight.
​​
“It’s okay man, we’re here, it’s alright,” I soothed.
​​
Jack sobbed into my chest and I rubbed his back gently to comfort him. He must have been beside him without any company at all.
​​
“Jinxx,” CC spoke.
​​
I let go of Jack and I turned around to see most of the guys looking at us. What do I say?
​​
“He thought Ryan was one of those filthy creatures. He’s had no one here with him, can’t you understand how bad that must be? I mean yes we have lost Andy and Ashley at the moment, but, imagine being yourself. With no one there to help you and give you a hug and tell you everything will be okay. Surviving on your own? I don’t think I could,” I explained.
​​
The guys just stared at me and I turned back to Jack as he wiped tears from his eyes.
​​
“You stay close to me and everything will be fine,” I whispered.
​​
Jack nodded as I turned back and started to walk towards everyone, Jack close behind me.
​​
“You’re just going to let him live!” Ricky yelled as he still sat next to Ryan’s lifeless body.
​​
“Yes Ricky, because he doesn’t deserve to be shot over a mistake! What kind of people would that make us? We’d be monsters!” I roared. “Now let’s just get some damn supplies and get shelter before night fall comes, you know what it’s like, the zombies tend to wander at night, now hurry the fuck up,” I growled as I walked away with Jack beside me.
​​
I was furious with everyone, no wait...beyond furious. How dare they wish death upon Jack over a mistake. Anyone could have done it, I mean, Billie shot Ashley in the arm, what difference does it make?
​​
“Jinxx,” Jake whispered.
​​
“Hmm?” I replied.
​​
“Are you alright?” he questioned.
​​
I turned around as I looked at him while I packed some supplies in my bag. How could I be okay? Everything was just fucked up in every way. Andy and Ashley were missing, I have to protect my boyfriend Devin, I have to watch over my friends and now I have to protect Jack from being slaughtered by anyone else in the group. God it was hard, I felt like I had so much control but inside I was breaking. Ever since Sammi I never wanted to feel or look at the world in the same way again. I miss her, but I have Devin now. But then again who knows, what if I lose him too?
​​
“I’m fine,” I answered.
​​
I lied, I was as far away from fine as I could possibly ever be.
​​
“I’m here you know, if you ever need someone to you know...talk to,” Jack mused.
​​
I turned my head slightly as I stared at his chocolate brown eyes.
​​
“Thank you,” I replied.
​​
Jack smiled softly as he unzipped the small bag he had and started to stuff some supplies in. Somehow I’d found booze and I was extremely happy, it was my one true love and brought me such calm.
​​
“Ahem,” a voice coughed.
​​
Jack and I turned as we saw Chris standing there with his gun by his side and a bag over his shoulder.
​​
“We have to go now,” he ordered.
​​
I nodded as I threw the last of the supplies in my bag before zipping it up.
​​
“You can rid with us,” I said to Jack as I took his arm and held him close by.
​​
I could see the jealous look on Devin’s face but I really was not in the mood for such bull crap. He can be jealous all he wants, the only thing I really want to happen is for everyone to fucking survive. Even if I damn well die trying. We got outside as I held my hand up to block out the blinding sun. It was roasting hot and didn’t help that a majority of us were wearing black clothing.
​​
“Jinxx!” Jake roared, a startled look on his face.
​​
I knew one was close behind me, the bastard. I shoved Jack away from me as I swung myself around, cocked the gun and fired. And just like that the zombie was on the ground with its brains blown out. I’d been covered in its putrid blood but I didn’t care as I wiped it off my face.
​​
“That was close mate,” Danny spoke.
​​
I turned around as Jack stared at me in shock. I’d practically saved his ass for a second time, hopefully he was grateful.
​​
“Get in the cars, now we need to get to safety,” I ordered.
​​
Everyone nodded as they went to the cars and I grabbed Jack’s wrist as I pulled him over to Billie and Mike’s hummer. Billie sort of scowled at Jack and I flashed him a ‘back off’ look and he smirked with a scoff.
​​
“Get in,” I whispered to Jack as I helped him up into the hummer.
​​
I jumped in and sat beside him as Billie signalled to Danny and Brandon that it was okay for us to move forward. The hummer jolted forward and I relaxed into the plush interior as Jack stared aimlessly out the window. I don’t know why but I ended up resting my hand on his and he flinched as he looked at me, his eyes glazed with tears.
​​
“Your boyfriend would be so damn proud,” I whispered so Billie and Mike wouldn’t hear us.
​​
Jack started to shake a little as I squeezed his hand softly, tears spilling from his eyes as a lump got caught in my throat. I hated seeing people suffer, it was my weakness, and it’s why I feared seeing Andy again if he makes it to us in time, how would he look? How would he react to everything? How long did he have left?
​​
“Sammi would be proud of you,” Jack replied in a whisper. “Don’t think I didn’t know about you too, but I could sense you were thinking about her. She’d want you to keep soldiering on, stay strong,” he added.
​​
I couldn’t hold it in any longer, the tears just fell like a fucking waterfall and Jack pulled me in for a warming and comforting hug. I felt like Jack understood me most out of anyone else. I feel like he could become my best friend, someone I can trust.
​​
“Hang in there Jinxx,” he soothed, stroking my hair.
​​
Never had I felt such comfort in my life, not from anyone. Not even Sammi, to say the least. But, I guess some people just click and it’s simply meant to be like that. I can’t imagine how Devin would be feeling, most likely jealous as hell, who can blame him, Jack was pretty attractive, but I see Jack just simply as a friend.
​​
“Thank you Jack,” I replied.
​​
Jack smiled as he let go of me and I rested my head back against the head rest. I closed my eyes, thinking of things, nice things...or at least trying to. Soon, I felt myself going into a deep slumber, but not without feeling a gentle pair of lips press against my forehead, cheek and then lightly on my lips.

Jack? ​​
♠ ♠ ♠
Noooo Ryan :( but ah! Oh my god, can you see how broken Jinxx is feeling yet he doesn't seem to show it to the others. :( sigh, I'm mean aren't I? It's only going to get worse D: Sorry these are so short but they work well this way :(