Status: Hiatus

I Can See the Pain Living in Your Eyes

Welcome Home

Damien's P.O.V

'Are we there yet?' I asked from the backseat of the car as the air coming from the window was hitting my face.
'No Damien! I already said ten more minutes, okay darling?' My mom answered.
'What time is it?'
'It's eleven'
'It's been one hour since we left San Diego' I wonder if our new home is nice, I wonder if LA looks nice, how my school looks and if I am going to get used to the new area.
It's really difficult for me when we move, because I can't see and I always end up hurting myself or falling because I don't know where I am stepping.
I am currently looking out of the window, I know I can't see anything but I just imagine how the streets look like.
'We're almost there!' My mom said.
The only thing I knew about our new home is that it's in Hollywood Hills and that it's really big.
I felt the car stop.
'We're here!'
My mom opened the door and got out, closing the door behind her. I waited a bit and then heard the door beside me open.
'Let's go Damien!' she said grabbing my arm, starting to walk really slowly so I didn't trip.
'Is it beautiful mom?'
'Yes it is dear! It's a beautiful house!' She stopped and let go of my arm. 'I'm gonna grab our stuff'
I could hear birds and I could feel the smell of grass, I guess we had grass at the front of our house. I heard heavy footsteps coming from behind me.
'Need help?' I asked laughing.
'No dear! Here let me take you inside' my mom grabbed my arm and led me to the door. 'Watch out there's a step here'
'Got it!' about a minute later I felt something hit my leg. 'Mom?!' I asked kinda scared.
'It's ok dear it's just the sofa! Sit now and take some rest! Oh and Damien!'
'Yup?'
'Welcome Home (Sanitarium)' My mom said. Yup she likes and she quotes Metallica.
I heard her footsteps turn away from me.
I decided I should rest a bit, so I closed my eyes and eventually fell asleep.

*2 days later*

Today is my first day at school and I'm really nervous. I don't know the school, I don't know anyone.
My mom said school chose a student to help me. She will be responsible for me the whole school year.
All I know about her is that her name is Jasmine Sanders and that she's 17.
'Everything is going to be ok!' My mom said from the front seat. 'I heard that she's very responsible and smart. And she offered to take care of you!'
'Ok' was all I could say.
The car stopped and my mom opened the door and then my door.
'Want me to take you inside?' she asked.
'What do you think?' she grabbed my arm and led me to the entrance of the school.
'I gotta go now dear. The girl said she would be here anytime, okay? Just don't go anywhere. I'll come pick you up at five o'clock.' she said kissing my forehead.
'Ok. I love you mom!'
'I love you too Damien, take care dear!' she said leaving me.

*5 minutes later*
I was starting to get an headache because of the noise, it was starting to get impossible to hear my own thoughts.
I felt a hand on my arm, and I immediately jumped.
'I'm sorry if I scared you!' a feminine voice said.
'It's ok. Are you Jasmine?'
'Yes! You must be Damien' her voice was really beautiful and calm and she smelt like strawberries.
I nodded.
'Nice to meet you Damien!' she said.
'Nice to meet you too!'
'Here' she said grabbing my arm. 'Let me take you to class!'
We started walking for what it seemed like ages and once we stopped she sat me in a chair.
'I'm gonna sit beside you, so if you need something just tell me, okay?'
I nodded. 'Thanks!'
♠ ♠ ♠
It was difficult for me to write this, since Damien is blind and I can't make visual descriptions. But I think I did good. What do you think?
Comments would be appreciated!
Well I'll leave it to you now Sheila ;)
I hope I gave you something you can work with
-PoisonGirlForYou