Status: Updates on Sundays

Why Don't You Just Drop Dead?

I Slept With Someone in Fall Out Boy and all I got was This Stupid Song Written About Me

I was very much out of breath by the time we managed to run back to what I assumed was the new base.

“Did you see Brendon or William?” I asked. As much as I liked the hunters, the Dandies were the closest thing to a family I had. “I’m worried about them.”

Oliver rolled his eyes.

“Didn’t you see any of my incredibly awesome fight scenes back there?”

“Yeah, I did, and you have tiny little girl hands,” I quipped, angry that he didn’t care about my guardians.

“That’s not cool,” He argued, pulling me up to the open window without warning, trailing like a balloon tied to his wrist.

“You know that I’m inevitably going to go back with them as soon as Brendon shows up, right?” I asked, feeling guilty even though I knew that was how it had to be.

“Not a problem if he never shows up. Texas Chainsaw or Dawn of the Dead?” Oliver changed the subject quickly, holding up two discs.

Having never heard of either of those movies and lacking any sort of interest, I turned on my heel and walked into the nearest bedroom. I missed my own bed. Shaking off the impending brooding session, I focused my Sight to see if Brendon would follow through and take me home.

After nearly an hour of scouring the future, I gave up. Brendon would come back, but the hunters chased him off. William would force his way into my mind, treating me like I was six again with how much he reassured me that everything was going to be alright. Pete would storm out in about a week.

Home was not in my immediate future.

“Winona, come on, are you on your period or something? You seemed pretty okay with me just before, it’s not cool for you to get all angsty.”

“Piss off, Oliver,” I called back through the door. “And if you ever want to get laid, never suggest a girl’s on her period.”

He was silent for a minute and I’d hoped he’d left.

“…if you’re offering, I’m down.”

I almost laughed at how ridiculous of a situation I was in.

“You’re going to die in seven days, perv.” I didn’t bother opening the door to freak him out. I just kept yelling. “I saw it. You’re going to make a pass at me and then you suffocate in your own ego.”