Status: in progress c:

My Mom and His Dad

Chapter Seven

Vic’s POV

I opened the door quietly, finding Kellin examining his arms. He was frowning again.

“What’s wrong?”

He looked up, immediately pulling his jacket sleeves down.

“Nothing. Just thinking about stuff,” he replied.

I placed the tray in his lap, taking my place next to him. He started eating right away, but only little bites. It was like eating was almost a foreign concept to him.

“Any good?”

He nodded, keeping quiet. I handed him the juice box I snagged. The sight of it made his eyes light up. It was like he was still this little boy deep down. He poked the straw in, taking sips at a time, savoring it.

“I haven’t had a juice box since I was in elementary. It was the highlight of my day.” He said, placing the tray on the bed beside him. I watched as he finished off the juice and abandoned that, too.

There was still at least half of the food left and I knew damn well he was hungry. He was so tiny. When I carried him here, it almost felt like I was carrying a toddler. I poked his side, causing him to squirm. Just as I thought, his ribs poked through his skin.

“What was that for?” he pouted, “Yeah, I’m ticklish but you coulda asked.”

“Kells?” he blushed at the nickname.

“Hm?”

“When’s the last time you had an actual, decent meal?”

His brows furrowed. He honestly had to think about this.

“I dunno, like a month, maybe two. Why? Do I look fat?” he asked, looking down at his abdomen.

My eyes widened, “What the hell are you talking about?! Kellin, you’re underweight. If anything, you resemble a skeleton, not a hippo.”

“That’s not what my mom thinks…” he replied, staring off in deep thought.

“Well, she’s crazy. You need to eat, and I’m taking you out.”

He smiled, “Really?”

“Yeah, duh. I mean, if you like me and uh, wanna be with me and stuff but if you don’t I can still –“

He cut me off, pressing his lips to mine. They were cool and soft and still had a hint of apple from the juice he drank minutes before. I grinned into the kiss, returning the favor and caressed his face, pressing my forehead against his. We were soon interrupted, though. A knock on the door and we separated as soon as the nurse walked in.

“Well Kellin, you’re free to go as soon as you feel you’re steady enough to walk.” It was Julia, the nurse that helped us in the first place.

“Thanks.” He muttered.

Her brunette curls bounced as she walked away from the room. I looked to Kellin, whose face was pink after our kissing session. I smiled taking his hand.

“Ready to go?”

He giggled, intertwining our fingers, “Yep.”

I helped him out of the room, but released his hand as we left the office, not wanting anyone to bring us negative attention. Even though class was in session, there was still that chance that someone could walk by. We went to our first class, grabbed our things and after talking to Mrs. Hershey, we left. I led him to his current class. He stopped before going in and looked me square in the eyes, basically protesting. I knew what he wanted. I looked around, making sure the halls were clear, and pressed my lips to his. He soon pulled away, smiling.

“I’ll see you at lunch?”

“Of course.” I replied, turning on my heel.

I made my way to my class with my bag slung over my shoulder, anxious for lunch to come quickly.

Kellin’s POV

I walked into my current class, my face warm from blushing after kissing Vic. I tugged on the bottom of my shirt, giving my teacher the excuse slip. She nodded and I took my seat, getting looks from a few students.

“Hey, I heard what happened in first hour. You okay?” It was a ginger guy. Taller than me of course, but he had a handsome face with kept-up hair.

“Uh, yeah, much better.” I replied, giving him a half-smile.

He held out his hand, “I’m Matty by the way.”

I took it, shaking it lightly, “Kellin.”

The first part of the day went quite slowly. I was itching to go to lunch and see Vic. The lunch bell rang and I jumped out of my seat, practically running to the cafeteria. I walked straight to the table we sat at last time. I watched students come in, one by one and spotted Vic. We locked eyes and a grin spread across his face as he walked to the table, sitting as close as possible. There was hardly an inch between us. He gave me a little note and I shoved it in my pocket, anxious to reveal its contents.

“Hey guys,” greeted a tired Jaime, “You both look mighty happy. Someone win the lottery?”

Vic and I looked at each other, holding back giggles.

“It’s nothing,” Vic said through his laughter.

Jaime smiled, rubbing his eyes, “Whatever you say. Oh, Tony and Mike were sent to lunch detention for throwing paper airplanes in algebra.”

Vic rolled his eyes, “Morons.”

We spent the rest of lunch just making small talk about our day. Vic told Jaime about the whole biology thing but Jaime didn’t judge. He seemed sympathetic, giving me a smile.

“You gotta eat dude. A little food doesn’t hurt.”

Sure if you don’t have my mom.

“Yeah, I know.” I replied, giving him a little half-smile.

The bell rang and Vic walked me to my next class. He stopped though, not letting me go in.

“You wanna skip?” he asked, a mischievous look in his eye.

I blushed, ignoring the angel on my right shoulder, “Sure.”

He took my hand, leading me out of the building and we were almost to the road when I stopped him.

“We can take my car.” I said, taking my keys off my belt loop.

“I don’t want my dad seeing it if he comes home early. It’s not too far of a walk.”

I nodded, giving in, “M’kay.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Fabulous :3 lol I dunno .-.
Comments? I mean, is my writing okay? Shitty? Great?
Let me know...