Touched by an Angel, Though I Fall Out of Grace

Two

I was one of the last few to get something to eat and when I did, I headed to the table I sat at every day. I was eating a small container of raspberry yogurt when Damon came and sat across from me. He took a bite of his sandwich and then asked, “How has your day been so far?”

“Pretty good. Yours?” I asked.

“It could have been better. I got slammed into some lockers after second period.”

“Aww, why?”

“You know for being gay.”

I nodded in an understanding way and said, “I’m sorry.”

“Eh, I’ve gotten used to it.”

For a while we sat there and ate our food. We could hear the chattering and laughter from surrounding tables. I sighed and took a drink of my water. Damon looked over at me and smiled. “What?” I asked.

He shook his head and said, “Nothing. I was just wondering… do you know that guy? Because he keeps staring over here.”

I gave him a confused look and then turned around. Sure enough there was a guy with black hair staring in this direction. I smiled a little as I realized it was the guy I had run into this morning. He noticed me looking at him and then he quickly turned back around. I turned around as well.
I shook my head as I said, “No, I don’t know him. I just kinda ran into him this morning.”

Damon raised an eyebrow at me and said, “You got to run into that? What I wouldn’t give to have been you. He is downright sexy.”

I just merely smiled at my best friend while shaking my head. We continued talking about whatever was on our minds. When lunch was over Damon threw his arm around my shoulders and we headed to our Science class.

Gerard’s POV
I was sitting our lunch table, leaning over my sketchbook, halfway listening to the guys’ conversation. I was drawing a picture of the girl. She was beautiful, from what I could recall. But I could remember for sure was that she had the most striking blue eyes I had ever seen and I could have stared into them forever. And what I was doing right now, was trying to find the right shade of blue that belonged to her features and it a little challenging.

I looked back up and towards the direction of a girl sitting across the room from us. I thought that was her, but I wasn’t quite sure. I looked back at her and then the guy she was sitting with pointed in my direction and she turned around. Her eyes landed on me and she smiled a little. I quickly turned back around; a few minutes later I turned to see that the two had indulged in their conversation again. I turned back around and took a drink of the Diet Coke that was sitting in front of me.

“What do you think, Gee?” I heard Ray ask.

“About what?” I wondered.

“That Spider-Man is the whiniest super hero ever?” Frank questioned.

“Yeah, he is. He’s always like ‘Why am I a super hero? Why did this happen to me?’ He really does suck.”

“Aww, man. You just had to agree didn’t you?” Bob said as he face palmed.

“Sorry, dude.” I said with a slight laugh.

“What are you drawing, Gerard?” Mikey asked.

I passed the sketchpad over him and he picked up while looking at the picture. I watched him as I waited for a reaction. Mikey handed me back the booklet and then said, “That’s good, Gee.”

“Thanks.” I said as I closed it because the bell was about to ring soon. Then, without realizing it, I glanced up at her again and watched as the both of them stood up to throw away their things.

“Earth to Gerard; quit staring you’re going to scare the poor girl. Gerard? Gerard?” Ray said.

I finally came back to where I was and turned back around. “What?” I asked.

“Quit staring, you’ll scare the girl.” Ray said again.

“Whatever.” I muttered as the bell rang and I stood to go to my History class. During that time I had started another picture of her and this time she was lying on the ground surrounded by a field of flowers. I was unaware of when the bell rang and Ray was tapping me on the shoulder.

“C’mon dude, History’s over.” He laughed.

I looked up and sure enough the classroom was empty. I stood and grabbed my books began my walk to my locker and then Personal Finance. I hated that class so much; it was all about percentages and things I didn’t need to learn about right now. That hour was also spent with me not paying attention to anything except my drawing. I was excited when seventh period was getting ready to start. Creative arts was my favorite class and the only one I cared about enough to try and get a good grade.

I was setting up my things when I heard the door open and close. I looked up and seen her walking in. I had been in this class for about two weeks now and I hadn’t noticed her before. My eyes narrowed as I seen her holding hands with the guy she had been with at lunch today. I watched as she pulled a sketchpad out of her bag and began drawing.

I sighed and then turned to finish the picture I had started in History. By this time I could hear the sound of people talking and laughing while they worked, but I didn’t care. I was in my own world, working and stealing glances at her every so often.

“Very good, Gerard.” I heard from right beside me. I looked up and seen Sikowitz, the teacher, standing next to me.

“Thanks.” I said.

“Is this a random drawing or do you fancy a young girl?”

“I, uh…” I didn’t know what to say.

“No need to answer, I know a loved up lad when I see one. Your secret is safe with me.” Sikowitz whispered as he chuckled and began walking around again to see what everyone else was doing.

‘I am not in love with her. That’s insane! I’ve never noticed her until now and that’s when I ran into her this morning. I’m pretty sure it takes more than that to fall in love.’ I thought to myself as I looked up to watch her again. She was laughing at something with him. I scrunched my nose and narrowed my eyes before turning back to my own work.

“Who is she, Gerard?” I looked up to see the guys standing beside me.

“I don’t know.” I admitted.

“Is that who you kept stealing glances at during lunch?” Frank asked.

“I’m not sure.” I said with a sigh.

“Do you want to find her? Because we’ll help you.” Mikey said.

“I don’t know.” I ran a hand through my hair. “Now please just leave me alone. I have to finish this.” I said getting irritated.

The guys mumbled something about just wanting me to be happy again and the left. I ran a hand through my hair and then sat down in my chair. For the rest of the hour I would watch her. When the bell rang, she looked up from her drawing and caught me staring at her again. She smiled at me and waved. I waved back, but I was a little too late for she had turned around to get her bag and put her stuff away.

When she was walking out the door to leave, she turned and waved at me again. I waved back and she smiled. Then he grabbed her wrist and pulled her out the door. I shook my head and began putting away my own stuff. When I was done I grabbed my backpack and headed out to the parking lot with the guys. I unlocked the doors and started the car as the guys piled in. As I was driving my thoughts were occupied and I was halfway paying attention to the road. When I had dropped the guys off, I parked the car into driveway and got out the car and headed up to my room. I turned on my stereo and blasted “Girls, Girls, Girls” by Motley Crue and laid on my bed. I fell asleep after an hour and then woke up when my mother knocked on my door and told me that dinner was ready. I told her I wasn’t hungry and went back to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! Chapter two... please comment. Love, ToxicRevenge