Touched by an Angel, Though I Fall Out of Grace

Six

*One Month Later*

Brittany's POV
It was a Friday in the middle of October and I was sitting in my Creative Arts class waiting for the bell to ring. I had put away my sketchpad five minutes ago and I was sitting next to Damon, watching him paint. Just then a short guy with black hair and many tattoos came over to us.

"Here you go," he said, handing me a piece of paper and then leaving.

"Thank you?" I said, unsure. I looked at the paper and drawn on it was a black rose and on the bottom someone had scrawled the words 'Will you go out with me tomorrow night? I'll pick you up at 7:00... if you say yes'. I looked up in the boy's direction, slightly confused. He smiled at me and pointed to Gerard, who was looking down at his sketchpad. I smiled and nodded my head.

Just then the bell rang. I slung my black messenger bag over my shoulder and waited on Damon. He picked up his jacket and then grabbed my hand. We stopped by our lockers first so Damon could take out his Algebra II textbook and then we were heading out the door. I was still clutching the drawing in my hand when Damon pointed and asked, "What's that?"

I handed him the paper and he looked it over. "The height deprived kid wants to date you?" he wondered.

"That's what I thought at first, but it's from Gerard."

"Ooh! I get to do your hair and makeup."

"Okay," I agreed as we approached my house. "You wanna come in?"

"Sure," he answered. We walked up the driveway and in to my house. Surprisingly, my mom was sitting in the living room with Ares in her lap. She looked up from her television show and smiled at us.

"Hi, Britt. Hello, Damon, it's good to see you again."

"Hey, Mom," I said, patting Ares on the head.

"Hello, Mrs. Davis," Damon said as he sat on the couch, placing my paper on the table.

"What's that?" my mother questioned as she picked it up. "Aww, Damon, have you finally found the right guy?"

"Oh, that's not my paper," Damon said. My mom glanced at the drawing again and then she looked up at me.

"Oh my God, Brittany who is he?" she asked with a smile on her face.

I shrugged my shoulders and said, "Just some guy I met about a month ago. It's no big deal."

"No big deal? This is wonderful. When can I meet him?"

"Mom, you're acting as if I've never been on a date before... which I have by the way."

"I know, sweetie, it's just been a long time."

I rolled my eyes and watched as Ares jumped down from my mom's lap and made his way over to me. I picked him up then set him in my lap. I stroked his fur as he lied there, content.

"Brittany, what's his name?" my mom asked again.

"His name is Gerard Way," I said with a sigh.

"Oh, is he Donna Way's son?"

I shrugged my shoulders and looked at Damon. He looked back at me and smiled. I hit him on the arm and he said, "Ow, Britt. That hurt!"

I smiled and said, "I know, but you love me anyway."

"Yeah, I do." he said.

"Damon, do you want to stay for dinner?" my mother asked.

"Umm, sure. Thanks Mrs. Davis." he answered.

"Can we have pizza?" I asked.

"Yeah, sure. I'll go call and order later."

"Canadian bacon!" I yelled at the same time Damon yelled, "Pepperoni!" I smiled at my best friend and leaned against his shoulder. Ares jumped down from my lap and ran towards the kitchen while barking. I stood up and grabbed Damon's hand and went to the front door.

"Mom, we're going to the park!" I shouted. "C'mon Ares, let's go for a walk." I grabbed his leash and hooked it onto his collar. We had walked the short distance to the park and I sat down on one of the swings and tied Ares's leash the pole.

"What's wrong?" Damon asked as he stood next to me. I shrugged my shoulders and said, "Nothing."

"Are you sure?"

I nodded my head and said, "Push me." Damon smiled at me and went behind me. He began pushing me back and forth on the swing and I closed my eyes. And when I did, the only thing I saw was Gerard... his flawless, angel-like features and beautiful hazel eyes.

"Should we go to the mall tomorrow?" Damon asked me.

"For what?" I wondered.

"To find you something to wear on your date."

"Uh, I guess we can."

"Good, I'm gonna make you look so hot, Gerard won't be able to stop looking at you."

I leaned my head back as he pushed me forward. "Don't make look like a hooker."

"Don't worry, I won't," he laughed.

We'd been sitting in the park for an hour, taking turns pushing each other on the swing. I was pushing Damon when he jumped off and landed on his feet a foot away from the swing set. He turned to look at me and asked, "Can we go back to your house? I'm hungry now."

"Yeah, sure. I'm starting to get hungry myself," I said. I bent down and untied Ares. Damon had already started walking, so I hurried to catch up. When we walked back into my house, my mom was getting money out of her purse and as soon as we sat down, the doorbell rang. My mom stood to answer the door and when she came back, she had a pizza box in her hands, which she sat on the kitchen counter.

We all had our food and found a movie to watch. When it had gotten late, Damon called his parents and told them he was staying over. After we had finished one more movie, we all headed upstairs to get some sleep. I went to my bedroom and Damon headed to the guest room across from me. I changed into some black shorts and a navy blue tank top before crawling into bed; and as soon as my head hit the pillow, I fell asleep immediately.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two chapters within 24 hours? Yes! I hope that whoever is reading this, is enjoying it and please feel free to comment on it and maybe leave some constructive criticism. Thanks <3