Status: I seem to be updating every week or so, out of random.

Oh Aren't You Sick of Sleeping Alone?

One

Harmony

There was a high-pitched screaming erupting throughout the entire apartment. Harmony shot up from the couch, and ran on the hard wood floors, slipping around with her right sock half on and the left off. Her heart was pounding and her unruly copper hair fell in front of her left eye. Her sweats were slipping down her hips and her shirt pulling down in the front, and revealed a small constellation of freckles along her collarbone. Somehow, being as graceless as she was, she managed to get to the kitchen in record time and turned off the burner on the old gas stove, ceasing the shrieking teapot's cries.

With a small smile, she pushed her fingers through her hairline and threw all of her waves down her shoulders and pushed her glasses up her nose, all while wiggling her sweats back up her hips. She hopped around the kitchen and with the pads of her feet she stretched her petite arms up to where her favorite TARDIS teacup sat waiting for her.

Harmony eagerly grabbed it and put a teabag into it, then poured the hot water, let it sit for a minute, added two teaspoons of sugar, and just a touch of milk. This was her daily ritual for keeping her sanity. She stirred the contents together lightly, careful not to clink the sides of the mug, simply because she hated the sound. On heavy feet she padded her way back to the couch and sat her cup down on the coffee table, next to her computer. She plopped down onto the blue sofa and wrapped herself up in her favorite fuzzy Sleeping Beauty blanket that she had had since she was a kid, and rubbed under her nose with the space between her thumb and wrist. She carefully put her feet on the floor, still with only one sock, and leaned forward to retrieve the cup, and panicked slightly due to her balance being upset.

When she went to take a sip of her tea, only some reached her mouth. The rest trickled down the sides of her lips and down her shirt. Her face contorted in disgust, but not surprise. She was a graceless creature, and she knew it.

Alex

He tipped his bottle up to his uneven lips and took a long swallow, loving the burning of the alcohol at the back of his throat, which was sore from band practice. He had always gone too far, fought too hard, worked too much, but he sure as hell partied harder. Alex smiled to himself and closed his eyes, let the flow of liquid filter throughout his system before taking another drink, and repeating the cycle.

Alex looked about the room with lazy eyes, looking for anyone even remotely attractive to dance with. Nobody particularly caught his eye--ever--at these things, but he wanted to have a good time, and that was all that mattered in that moment. He settled for a blonde with an average face and brown eyes. He would say, for being so average, the one thing that he did really like were here dimples, the way that they became more prominent when she smirked, trying to pull him in.

Clearly, she knew who he was, and wanted nothing more then to be another notch in his belt. The girls around here all thought that hooking up with Alex was this grand sort of prize, but it meant nothing to him. Nothing but a good time.

However, Alex wasn't an asshole about any of it. He'd give them his number, he'd call them once or twice just to say "hi", and he nearly always remembered their names. Except for that one girl--Jessica? Justice? He could never fucking remember, even before they had hooked up. She had one of those faces that just wouldn't stick.

Still, he never stopped. He hadn't gotten into any serious trouble yet, so what was the big deal? There was nothing for him in Towson. Not even in Baltimore. The only thing that mattered to him was here, and now.

And right then, he had a drink in his left hand and a waist in his right, and life couldn't get any better.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just had to get this out there :) for some reason I'm really excited about this--but I'm sorry about abandoning my other projects (temporarily). Also, sorry for any spelling/techie errors. I'll fix them :)

--Kaitlin