Status: I seem to be updating every week or so, out of random.

Oh Aren't You Sick of Sleeping Alone?

Four

Harmony

She paced her room, barefoot, tapping her lips with her index and middle fingers in a fast drumming motion. It was Sunday, and Bliss was working. She didn't have a damn clue of what she was going to do today. Her eyes roamed the walls absently, knowing that if she focused on anything for too long she'd probably go nuts. Most days, it was easy for her to forget her surroundings and get lost in her own mind or in a show or a book, anything really. That day, Sunday, was not one of those days.

Harmony had gotten a look at her closet that didn't have a door, but a curtain pulled to the side, revealing a mess of clothing that tumbled throughout the area. One item of clothing in particular caught her eye. There was nothing special about it, it was just a white cotton tank top. It was clean, with no stains. Clearly worn, but well taken care of. She had stolen it from thin shoulders and tan skin, but it was consensual.

She knew she should get rid of it, along with the millions of other tiny things that ended up in her room throughout her crash course in punch drunk love. She tore her eyes away, put her boots on with inhuman speed, and bolted out the door.

Alex

He pushed through the doors of the quaint little cafe that his mom loved to death. The hostess, no more than ten feet away, was eyeing him, and he was eyeing her. Without a second thought he approached her, and asked where his parents were sitting. He already knew of course, his mom never took a different table, but still he watched her fingers fumble on the touch screen.

"Sunday brunch, you know? Family time with my mom." Alex ran his hands through his hair, ruffling it up just a bit. It probably still looked shitty because of the booze and sweat and the lack of time to shower that morning. Whatever, though, he couldn't do anything about it.

The leggy blonde behind the podium bit her lip and nodded, blushing, wanting him to leave so she could compose herself. He brushed his hand over hers as he ran it over the marble counter and said "bye". The poor girl practically fell to the ground.

Alex rolled his eyes as he walked away. He crossed through the restaurant and onto the deck that overlooked the harbor. It was mild out, so he knew his mom would be in a sun dress. It didn't take more than ten seconds to spot her out of the crowd. She looked like a queen with her high cheekbones and thin eyebrows. The sun hat and the short hair, it all screamed class, and the Queen did not look happy.

Luckily for Alex, she hadn't spotted him yet, so he darted behind a hedge, and pulled his trusty maroon beanie out of his back pocket and secured it on his head. He checked his hair on the back of his iPod and hoped it would be enough to mask his slight hangover and less than presentable hair. He took a deep breath, and tried to calm his nerves. Alex absolutely could not deal with his mom being upset with him. He didn't want to be responsible for the worry lines in her forehead or the frown lines that should have been laugh lines.

But he knew that was just not how it happened.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so fucking sorry it's been so long! I owe you a few updates, and I'm hoping to pound out a few soon, but I just got a bit of new inspiration, and different ideas I want to run with so please, bear with me.

Also I apologize for the shitty filler, but I have a reason for writing it this way. Sort of.

--Kaitlin