You Don't Know How Much You Mean

Baby, Now I Don't Know What To Do...

As Jacey made her way to 2nd period, she though about the conversation carried out by a close friend and her the previous night.
If Frank did really like her, then why hasn't he asked her out?
Ding, the bell rang, signaling that every student outside a classroom was late.
"Ok class, today we are going to work on the packet of spelling word that I handed out yesterday." The teacher's sweet voice surprisingly calmed down the class.
"You may talk quietly to the people around you." as soon as that was said the class' chitter-chatter started up. Jacey sighed to herself and started to work on the 4 page packet that could be done by a 4th grader with ease. She felt a gentle tap on her shoulder; turning around to see Hiriana's smiling face.
"Hi." Jacey whispered. Hiriana bypassed that and went to the thing that made Jacey heart skip a few beats.
"Frank asked me this morning to ask you if you want to go out with him." Mental palpitation.
"Are you kidding me?" Jacey squealed in Hiriana's serious face. This is what she waited for the past 9 months. She felt numb; it hadn't sunk in and it isn't going to for a few more days; maybe even weeks. Hiriana shook her head and smiled with amusement.
"Well what do you say?" Hiriana asked. Jacey turned to look at her lap and though, what was she going to say?
"I don't know." She whispered.
"Well better make up your mind; we see him in 5 hours and counting." Hiriana said looking at her watch. Another mental palpitation. She noticed that her breath was shallow and uneven, almost as if she had ran a whole mile in under a minute. She wasn't surprised if someone heard her heartbeat against her chest and told her to shut up. She had to make such a big decision in such little time

She couldn't think. She felt the numbness stay in her system. It wouldn't leave her alone. Ding, that cursed sound went into her ears. She knew that Frank and Eric would run into the room in 5, 4, 3, 2-
"Sorry we're late." They chorused as they made their way to their seats. She shot Frank a look, his hazel eyes and hers locking.
"Ms. Way, tell me what I just said." Ms. Blender growled. She turned around; feeling her cheeks grow hot of having the spot light on her.
"Umm, sorry I wasn't paying attention." She said, embarrassed out of her mind. She heard a scoff.
"Well now you know that you should listen and stop looking Mr. Iero's way." Jacey nodded her head violently and went back to note taking; soon after drowning out Ms, Blender once again. As much as she loves her English class, right now her mind was working rather hard to listen to her lecture. She could ask Alexandra, Elvira, or Hiriana for the notes later. She placed her head on her hand and drifted into a world of her own. Minutes later she felt something brush her. Looking down, she saw a little note with the name "HIRIANA" printed in purple pen. Jacey tried hard to not make so much noise seeing that the paper was very compactly sealed.
So what do you say?, it read in the same purple tint. She looked over at Hiriana then at Frank. Nibbling at her lip, she felt a wave of anxiety came over her once again. His lips, his eyes, his personality was the attraction.
She though : why did he picked her out of so many other beautiful girls that surrounded him ?
I don't know. Really; I'm so confused, as much as I like him, I can't decide NOW!, she scribble down with her blue pen. She passed the note back, careful that the teacher didn't see. Hiriana's face soon showing sadness. Her frustrated sighs were heard all the way to where Jacey sat quietly waiting impatiently for her response.
Well, *sigh* you can take all the time you want, The angst carefully read on every purple word written; But all I have to say is that he is growing impatient; he really likes you. It continued.
He really likes you, it haunted Jacey; it was right there in words, in the light purple tint.
Was Jacey Way dreaming? She felt that this was all a very emotionally charged dream. Happiness, confusion, anger, and every other emotion mixed in her stomach. Was it normal for a person to feel so many emotions at once? Was it safe? She looked up from the paper and looked around, in Frank's direction. He smiled as he caught her staring, causing a pink color to creep on her cheeks. She snapped back to face the front, biting her lip pretty hard to suppress the waves of excitement that filled her.
"Jacey, the bell rang." A voice came to her ears. She looked up to see Frank, a smiled tugging at his pink lips.
He really has to stop standing there, looking handsome, she though to herself. He waited for her to gather her things and leave with him. She smiled and expected him to leave; but he didn't. They walked silently to their natural stop, the tension growing as they face each other.
"So, what did Hiriana tell you?" his deep sweet voice said, breaking the awkward silence that was almost tangible.
"That you asked if I wanted to be your girlfriend." Jacey said, immediately looking at her feet; a wave of nervousness impeding her from looking into his mesmerizing hazel eyes. She finally got the guts and looked up to meet those eyes. It looked like he was holding his breath, waiting for her to continue.
"And…?" he whispered softly as he moved closer.
"Yes, I want to be your girlfriend." She smiled. He let out the air he was holding in and closed the gap between their bodies; embracing her in a warm sweet hug.
This was indeed the best day ever Jacey though as he held her in his arms. Life was perfect after all. ♥