Status: True story, read it & be jealous.

The Last Minute

Ask Him

A group crowded the sidewalk outside the venue. Alyssa and I walked past them, trying not to stare so much. The stunning Lucas Zimmerman and Marcus Sand were part of that sidewalk crew. They weren't on stage to perform that night, so I was even more dying to meet them. We stood a few feet away from the group, hoping they would notice us fans beside them.

"Go ask them!" Alyssa nudged me.

That brought an instant warmth to my body. I had barely any confidence...could I actually do it?

"No way, they're talking about their flight home!"

"Just go ask them!"

"Why don't you, huh?" I smirked at her.

"Because you like them more, now go!"

She had a point.

"When they are done talking, okay?"

We waited for what seemed like hours. Anticipation took me over again as I walked up to Marcus and Lou. My palms were getting sweaty, arms still shaky, and I bit my lower lip. Taking 5 steps forward...

"Can we get a picture with you guys?"

A weight lifted from my shoulders. Whew.

"Of course!" they said unanimously.

Lou said "I actually have to run to my car first, but I'll be right back!"

I started watching him walk away, but then I realized Marcus was still in front of me. His gauges and hipster glasses were too hard to resist. I stared him up and down, deciding which side I should stand on. We walked forward, standing on either side of him. Alyssa on his right, me on the left. Marcus put his hands around our waists and pulled us closer. The warmth of his hand on my back was pleasant. I put my other hand on his back too. The flash of the camera was quick. Lou came back and went through the same process. He took Marcus's place and placed his hands on our backs. I placed my hand on his back as well. The camera flashed a second time. I couldn't relax my smile, I was way too excited!

"Thank you so much!" I exclaimed.

Marcus and Lou gave us a grin and replied with, "Not a problem!" after each picture was taken.

We thought of heading back to the car, I guess that night was really over. As we started walking, Cole appeared from behind the cars in the parking lot. I had a lot more confidence than I did coming to the show that night, so we approached Cole. We asked him too for the same gift: a simple picture. He was so tall, like a skyscraper. A clean, fresh smell filled my nose. Another camera flash and my pupils readjusted.

Cole Andre just touched me, and I touched him back. Alright, it was my back. But still, c'mon. He was like the second voice of Paradise Fears, right after Sam. We graciously thanked Cole for taking a minute of his time.

What just happened?