Hardest of Hearts

"My Hero"

The house was quiet when everyone left Olivia alone after her fighting them all and pushing them out of the house. The house only made groans when Olivia stepped on the wooden floor and it still frighten her. She knew vampires was going to come after her family after she killed a new born vampire and the ones that changed her mother but she didn’t think it’d be so fast. They did everything in their power to keep their scent from being here. Everything was private to their facebook accounts and anything that could be public they made sure nothing gave out there whereabouts. She wondered how they’d found out so quickly? Someone had to tell them. She thought to herself as she quickly jumped into her bath. She knew it had to be it, but who would tell them? No one in her family would but their older pack members could have told on them out.

“Why?” She asked as she slipped into the water letting it consume her, she held her eyes shut as her body felt light under the water. She didn’t want to think about vampires or werewolves anymore, she just wanted to be under the water and clean away her sins. Her mind wanders back to her mother and how much she missed her. She knew if her mother was around she would have welcomed Derek with opened arms, she would have baked him some cookies and brownies to make him feel welcomed. She would have loved Isaac, Erica and Boyd. Hell she would even protect Allison from our thoughts of her being a killer to their family. Her mother was sweet and kind and was nothing like how the family was acting now.

“Olivia what are you doing?” the words was muffled almost canceled out from Olivia’s bath, she pushed herself from being under and with a loud gasp she saw her mother leaning by the door, her mother long brown hair was hanging to her sides and her dark eyes stared at Olivia; leaving the younger woman bewildered.

“I…I don’t know.” Olivia said covering herself from her dead mother which was enough to creep herself out.

“You know who told.” She said making Olivia gulp down the bile that rose in her throat as she looked at her mother.

“No, no I don’t.”

“Think Olivia.”

“I don’t know!” Olivia shouted over to her mother as she stared at her with a disapproving face making Olivia want to break down and cry. “Help me out because I don’t know.” She pleaded the dead woman as she kept giving her look of emptiness.

As her mother was going to answer her Olivia felt someone grabbing her wrist harshly making her scream out. Olivia saw her sister was over her with her eyebrows furrowed and she looked equally as drenched as Olivia.

“You almost drowned!” Isabella shouted over to Olivia causing her to flinch. “If you were tired you should have went to sleep! I am not losing you too!” Olivia nodded her head looking over at Isabella with a perplexed look on her face.

“How did you know I was drowning?”

“Derek was worried about you, he’s down stairs so he just heard me screaming at you.”

“Lovely and I thank god he didn’t come up here. I’m naked for Christ sakes.” Isabella started laughing looking over at her sister with a look of disbelief.

“Well he kind of did but I shouted at him to leave, so” Izzy shrugged her shoulders causing Olivia to laugh and cover her face. “You done showering or?”

“No. I’ll take a shower. Don’t give me a dirty look.”

Olivia rolled her eyes at Izzy but the thoughts of her mother telling her she knows who told on them was making her stomach turn. Olivia watched her sister leave her and heard her talking to Derek before she let her bath water get dumped and quickly put on the shower she doesn’t want Derek or Isabella to worry about her. She quickly got out of the shower and don’t the stairs so fast that Derek looked at her with furrowed eyebrows.

“You’ve got the bleeds.” He said as she looked down to her legs and rolled her eyes with a heavy sigh. “I’ll help.”

“I’m fine I could-“He quickly picked her up cradling her towards her room as she glared at him. “I don’t need you picking me up.”

“Do you want to bleed on the floor?” He asked with his eyebrows perked making her narrow her eyes at him as he gave her a smug smile.

“I can still walk.” She grumbled causing him to laugh as he walked her back to the bathroom and placed her down on the toilet. “There are band aids in the closet there.”
Olivia watched him go into the closet looking for the first-aid, she shook her head with a widening smile as he seemed lost within the closet, and his shoulders were tense with frustration causing Olivia to giggle over at him which only seems to make him even angrier.

“ To your-“

“I got it.” He said and his voice was lace with a gleeful tone causing her to smile adoring over to him, he looked over at her with an enthusiastic smile as he saw the smile on her face the smile slowly changed into a matching smile.

“My hero.” Olivia teased softly causing Derek to roll his eyes as he kneeled down to look over at Olivia’s legs making her feel a bit insecure at them causing her to squirm around causing him to sigh and grab her legs gently making her stop moving.

“They look better than a few days ago.” He said looking at her legs as she sighed over to him. “I don’t know if I thanked you for that by the way.” Olivia raised an eyebrow at him. “I know that’s hard for me to say because I don’t trust a lot of people Olivia but I’m being honest.”

“Well…no problem.” She said nonchalantly making him smile over to her as she smiled down at him.

He let go of her legs as he opened the first aid and pulling out a cloth to wipe down the blood that was dripping down her legs. He was gentle as he cleaned her legs from the blood patting her legs softly as she smiled down at him. He checked to see which stich busted open as she titled her head aside to watch him, she knew he was trying to use his human skills more than werewolf side making her roll her eyes at him.

“You can use your werewolf skills.” She said softly to him as he glanced up at her with ashamed look in his eyes, her heart broke seeing the emotion clear in his eyes; she put her hands on the side of his face making her really look at her. “I do not blame this on that.” She said softly as he sighed over to her trying to look away from her but her hands tighten on the side of his face. “I am serious Derek this was not your fault.”

“Whose fault is it then?” He replied in an aggravated voice as she furrowed her eyebrows over to him watching his face matching the look in his eyes.

“It’s a mixture of my own fault and my father’s, I should have controlled my hormones and my father should cool his anger.” She said shrugging her shoulders at him. “Don’t blame this on yourself, I panicked and thought last.”

“Olivia why are-“ Olivia stopped him from finishing his sentence as her lips captured his by bringing him closer to her with his torso between her legs as she wrapped them around his muscular back. He instantly wrapped his arms around her waist bringing her close to him as their kiss deepens. Olivia was feeling uncomfortable with her sitting higher than him and bending over to him but she didn’t care as they kissed.

“Olivia-“he said in a breathy voice pulling away from her. “I have to finish with your legs.” She stared at him watching his eyes darken with lust causing her to smirk over to him.

“Okay.” She pulled away from him and he slowly moved away from her as she held back a laugh she quickly put her leg in front of Derek. “Use your werewolf senses.”

He nodded his head and as swiftly he found the opened stitch with one sniff and he quickly put a band aid on it. She smiled down at him as she went to put her leg down but he held it. Olivia heart pace as she watched him move down to kiss her leg, her lips perked into a smirk as she watched him kiss up her legs with soft and yearn-filled kisses they were interrupted by her loud mouth brother causing her to furrow her eyebrows.

“Scott and Stiles is our dates for tonight!” He shouted with a tone of smug causing Olivia to narrow her eyes as Derek pulled away from her.

“And Allison.” Isaac said making Olivia and Derek both perked up but for different reasons unknown to Olivia. As she got up too quickly Derek grabbed her arm making her pull away from him.

“You’re gonna pop them all out.” He said making her look over at him and sighed as he was right. She walked normally out of the bathroom as Derek cleaned up his mess “Thanks.” She said quickly to him before finding her way down the stairs to see that Erica and Boyd was back too which made her smile.

“What do you mean Allison; she has no hand in this.” Olivia said causing Isaac to laugh as Santi shook his head.

“She pushed her way into the conversation so she found out our-my little secret.” He said causing Olivia to roll her eyes in anger.
“I- how- I don’t even care anymore.” Olivia said truthfully with a tired voice turning her back to the boys. “What is she going to do?”

“She wants us to teach her more about the vampires just like Scott and Stiles even though Stiles was over excited.” Santi said making his way into the kitchen but not before softly squeezing Olivia’s arm in reassurance.

“Of course Stiles seems like the kid who enjoys these types of things.” She said. “It’s kind of cute.” Olivia said looking over at Izzy with a smirk and a small wink making her blush.

“Does Bella have a crush on Stiles?” Erica asked as Isabella looked over at her with a small glare and it was clear to Olivia she didn’t like her. “What?”

“That is none of your business.” She said stated with her lip snarling over to her making Olivia eyes widen over at her younger sister.

“Oh really? Because I think I like Stiles too I can easily-“

“Enough!” Derek shouted over at them both making Bella stare at him as in to say who the hell are you talking to? He made his way over to Olivia as Izzy looked over at her causing Olivia to sigh before she looked at Derek.

“What? They were both acting annoying.” He said making Olivia roll her eyes at him before looking back at Isabella.

“Cool your shit.” She said quickly not trying to step on her toes but Isabella gave her a look before gathering her stuff. “Wait Izzy.” But she wasn’t listening as she made her way up the stairs with a loud slam to the door.

“I’ll talk to her.” Santi said with a smile as he walked past her but she grabbed his arm. “What? I think we need to-“

“I think she’s upset too many werewolves, too much change, and other things. She is a normal teenager girl she just needs to breathe is all.” She said as Santi shrugged his shoulders at her.

“Whatever you say but I am hungry so…” He said with a smile as Olivia smiled at him back before shoving him.

“Cook your own food. I am not your maid.”

“But…dinner?” He asked as she sighed looking at the clock on the wall and he was right dinner should be made but Olivia was tired of doing motherly chores at the moment. “or we can order out?” Santi said quickly as Derek put a hand on her lower back.

“Let’s do that.” He answered for her and Olivia moved away from him before making her way outside to get some fresh air.

She was feeling a lot like Isabella at the moment as the words left her mouth about too many changes and everything happening so fast it felt like that was her world too. Olivia and the family grow up with a pack around and that felt like home but when the vampires came they knew there was betrayal within the group and now the Ortega family is mending a wound with a new pack? Olivia didn’t know if she could handle that pain again. Olivia quickly threw herself to a man again and was that something she wanted? Well yeah, she wanted Derek a lot more than she wanted to admit but was it because she was scared of danger? Or was it because she really liked Derek for Derek? She enjoyed his body that sure, she felt a need to protect him from her father, and from himself and his pack. His pack was weak and it was enough to scare her out of her pants but was that enough to be with Derek? Sure, he was kind with her and very loving but he wasn’t kind to everyone, she wondered if that was something she should be worried about.

“Hey.” She heard turning to see Boyd sitting down next to her as she furrowed her eyebrows at him. “I can tell those words hit you close to home.”

Boyd was a surprise, Olivia didn’t talk to him at all but just a hello, she actually expected Derek to come out. He didn’t say anything else as he looked ahead and she sighed looking over to him with a head nod.

“Yeah, it did. It’s just everything out here is so fast paced I noticed and we lived in New York City, and I am not sure why.”

“We’ve been in war since two years ago.”

“Between?”

“Derek’s family but I think it cooled down…probably. Peter is just his uncle even if he is an asshole.” He said making her smile at him. “But this is interesting vampires and all. You know as soon as we left I started looking up on vampire lore.”

“Really?” Olivia asked looking over at him and he nodded his head with a small smile on his face making her smile back at him. “What did you read?”

“A lot of things but it’s hard to get passed the twilight stuff and true blood.” He said causing her to laugh nodding her head.

“Yeah, you know if you want to think about it they are more like true blood than twilight if that helps.” He looked over at her with risen eyebrows. “I mean I haven’t much fun time with them seeing how I killed a few of them.” She said softly looking down at her feet with her lips pursed trying to hold back tears. “But twilight they just glittered into the sun and were nice. I don’t think I’ve ever met a nice one.” She said shrugging her shoulders; Boyd looked at her with a nod.

“We ordered Pizza.” He said as she smiled to him as she wrapped her arms around her chest and brought them down to her legs to keep them warm.

“Good. I like pizza.”

“Everyone does.” He said making them both laughed as she looked over at him with a head shake with a small smile.
“Have you ever had New York City Pizza?” She asked him as he shook his head over to her. “One day you should and you’ll fall in love. I mean it’s good here but it’s not New York City pizza.” She nodded her head to him. “If I could take you I would, I mean not only for pizza you know?”

“You miss it?” She sighed looking over at Boyd with a smile before getting up from the stairs, she patted his head.

“Yeah, I do. I’m gonna get the other children out here so y’all can all play nice together.”

“Sure thing, mom.” He teased as she smiled at him rolling her eyes at the joke thinking about how Erica made a same joke that morning leaving her to wonder where the hell these kids’ parents are. Sure they had a home but they don’t seem to like to stay there as much but she really didn’t want to bring up such sore subjects. As she walked in the house Isaac was nowhere to be found but Santi and Erica was talking while Derek looked like a grumpy old man sitting on the couch watching them talk to each other.

“Where is Isaac?”

“In Bellas room.” Erica said not looking at Olivia causing her to roll her eyes at Erica before looking over at Derek and he still had the grumpy look on his face. “Probably doing it.”

Olivia looked over at Erica and started laughing before looking at Santi and he soon followed her. It’s not the idea of Isabella having sex it’s just that Isabella hasn’t had sex ever and Isaac being her first would be adorable but him being her first while she liked Stiles would not be it and also the pack of wolves just sitting downstairs would be a complete invasion of privacy that Isabella always wanted just like Olivia. So that was a no.

“When is Stiles and Scott coming over?” Olivia asked before standing behind Derek as she put one hand on his shoulder and the other in his hair to scratch gently at his scalp.

“Soon.” Santi said looking over at them. “Scott had detention, something about not being able to go to the bathroom.” He shrugged his shoulders making Olivia scrunch up her face.

“Schools are so fucked up.” She shook her head. “And Allison?”

“Now.” Isabella said causing Olivia to jump and hurting Derek at the same time causing him to gasp out in pain and making Isabella shout out in fear. “Sorry I didn’t mean to scare you.” She said quickly as Isaac was laughing and Bella was trying to covers her up.

“Yeah, right.” Olivia said putting her hand on her chest as Derek was grumbling to himself about humans and how easily scared they are as Olivia was about to smack Derek behind the head the knock on the door stopped her, she sighed walking over towards the door and she saw it was Allison outside by herself and she nodded her head opening the door. “Sup Allison.”

“Hey.” She said with a smile before looking inside of the house and it flattered a bit looking over at Derek, Erica and Isaac.

“I’m guessing Izzy didn’t tell you about our company.”

“No, she did but I thought Scott would be here already.” She said making Olivia pursed her lips to the side. “It’s okay.” She said waving Olivia off but Olivia knew she was worried and she wasn’t too sure why but she wasn’t going to ask questions now.

~~*~~
Everyone finally showed up and it was enough to make Olivia feel like she was suffocating there was way too many people in her house which wasn’t that big in the first place. She sighed as she watched the teenagers eat their pizza and she noticed Scott and Allison was still being friendly even if they on a break as Allison said but it was very icy, there was Derek’s group to one side with Isaac, Santi and Isabella sitting right in the middle connecting Scott’s side of the room making Olivia roll her eyes.

“Okay.” Olivia said standing in front of the tv. “I’m sure you guys know about the vampires and stuff like that.” They both nodded their heads and stiles got very excited as he got closer to Olivia.

“Vampires do they really drink people blood and forget? Do they fly? Do they-“

“Stiles.” Olivia said with a small smile. “Relax and one I am not all knower of vampires.” She said shrugging her shoulders. “I don’t know where they hang out or what they do to sleep. All I know is they do die with a stake to the heart, and ripping their heads off.” She said looking at them with a blank face. “Also I think werewolf blood is addicting to them.” She shrugged her shoulders. “Once your blood is out there it’s like unfed piranha attacking.”
“It’s true.” Santi said coolly as he leaned on the couch trying to take the attention off of Olivia for a second to recollect herself.

“How do you know all of this?” Scott asked making Olivia to look down on the floor while biting the inside of her cheek.

“Our pack was a pretty strong one in the City, we owned most of Queens.” She said shrugging her shoulders. “I didn’t know about vampires just like you guys but I heard rumors that there was something drinking people blood. My father worked for the police force just like he does out here, at first they just thought it was some weirdo draining people of their blood but as the case went on my father could tell it was a vampiro.”

“My father.” Isabella cut in so Olivia could try to get to the point of her killing her mother. “Thought they could talk to them. He didn’t really like the idea of killing someone and then he didn’t like the idea of not knowing how to fight them. Vampires are very secretive, we don’t know a lot about them minus what we know from tv and they usually give out the wrong facts. Trust us; a cross isn’t going to hurt them if anything it makes them laughs but I think from what we saw they do run in like a pack. They have a leader they listen to the leader and attack.”

“Wait how did you get to that?” Olivia asked looking at Isabella as she bit the inside of her cheek.

“I remember they had a leader, they didn’t just attack on their own.” She said. “I was up I just acted like I was passed out because I needed to help the family whenever this would happened again.” Olivia nodded her head to her sister.

“Anyways the first time our father talked to them it was bloody, half of our pack was gone. Therefore war happened and things got even worse.” Olivia said shrugging her shoulders. “They are ruthless and don’t care if you’re teenagers, they went after Isabella when she was sixteen and Santi got into the fight when he was fourteen right before his fifteen birthday. So they won’t give a fuck about you, and they’ve had time to study us and they have time to get more people in their pack or whatever they are called. So if they are here which they are we’re in a war.”

“It was only one girl.” Stiles said “Maybe they are looking for you and since they have found a pack of wolves they won’t do it again.”

“Expect I killed three of their vampires.” Olivia said. “They are coming and we have to kill them all.”

The group looked at each other and Scott looked the most conflicted before looking over at Derek. Olivia knew she was putting these people in danger, she knew she didn’t want to do it. If anything they were probably just looking for Olivia and if she could get away from the group and talk to the vampires herself or give herself away then she could get the vampires gone but she wasn’t going to tell them that.

“We can’t just kill everything that is a danger to us.” Scott said getting up and looking at the group. “Everyone wanted to kill Jackson and we didn’t and now he’s in London.”

“Probably killing people there.” Boyd said making Scott look at him before looking over at Olivia.

“We need to find a better way to handle this, not every single vampire is evil.” Stiles said sitting on the floor trying to help out Scott.

“Right, so we just need to find the most non-dangerous one.” Scott said making Olivia scrunch up her face completely perplexed by Scott’s way of thinking before shaking her head.

“So we can all die?” Derek asked at Scott with a stone cold face, Derek knew what Olivia was saying had to be done. He’s never seen vampires but from what Santi looks like a kid who always seem to have a smile on his face was completely crest-fallen and Isabella that won’t even look at Olivia he knew that this was the only way to do it.

“No we’ll figure it out without dying.”

“I know you haven’t seen vampires and you’ve probably seen some scary shit if Jackson was a thing you wanted to kill but Vampires used to be human beings that drain your blood and can control to try to kill someone else and change your family to kill you on the spot. My mother was not a woman to harm a damn fly, she would have loved all of you but once she changed she attacked me. I-I- I had to protect myself and my family and if that meant I had to kill her then so be it. And you’re telling me that if we just find a non-dangerous vampire that everything will be easy?” Olivia asked with tears rolling down her face as she steady her voice. “I don’t think so. I don’t trust them and I don’t want to be near them other than when we have to fight them. I’m sorry Scott but sometimes there is no other way around it.”

They stood quiet as Olivia wiped away the tears rolling down her cheeks, she didn’t think anyone was going to speak anymore so she dismissed herself without saying a goodbye. She walked her way up to her room; she closed the door gently before running to her bed and weeping into the pillow to muffle out her tears. She knew they could still hear her but she at least she tried. The door opened but Olivia didn’t stop the person from coming in, and they walked their way over to her bed and she could smell it was Derek.

“Olivia.” He said in a soft voice as he put a hand on her arm to get her attention. “I just-“

“Stay with me.” She asked still not looking at him and cutting him off, she could see from her window the headlights all leaving, she wondered what Allison thought since she was quiet and didn’t express much, she wondered what anyone else was thinking but Scott.

“Okay.” Derek said in a soft voice, the bed moaned when he got off and she heard him kick off his shoes before he climbed back into the bed it sunk causing Olivia to slide bit more to Derek. She turn around and buried her face into his chest, he quickly wrapped his arms around her and Olivia felt safe.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oops sorry for not updating in awhile, I was busy. Alsoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I hope I'm not making Derek extra lovey dovey but you know what I enjoy it so whatevaaaa and I could tell he'd be sentimental when he was being all cute with that teacher. So I win?

Btw: if you are questioning something or would like to tell me what you like or dislike about the story you should drop a line. Not only would it be helpful for me it will make the story more enjoyable for you guys.