Hardest of Hearts

Brunch

“You sure dad is going to like this?” Isabella asked as she wiping off the sweet off of Derek’s forehead Olivia could see Isaac glancing over to her causing Olivia smirk.

“Do you think I care?” Olivia asked over to Izzy as she sighed in the back making Santi shook his head at the both of them. Isabella rolled her eyes still while patting the sweat off of Derek’s forehead.

“You think he’s going to make it?” Isaac asked in a low voice causing Olivia eyebrows to knit together and her lips pressed in a straight line.

“Of course he is.” Olivia said after thinking about her mother but her mother wasn’t a werewolf she didn’t have the ability to heal like they could. “Now don’t worry.” She said as Isaac looked over at her with his puppy like eyes before looking over to Isabella who was completely worried about Derek.
The drive to the house didn’t feel as long as it felt like going over to the vet’s office but all Olivia knew she didn’t know how she was getting Derek large self into her room. She also doesn’t want to invite Isaac into her room neither does she want Santi to get digger involved than what he already was.

“Daddy isn’t home yet?” Isabella said causing Olivia to see his car was gone which confused her unless the woman attacked someone else and left bodies.

“No…shit.” She said softly parking the side of her house quickly getting out of the car. “That means that son of a bitch killed someone.”

“It’s not your job to worry.” Santi said grabbed her wrist and his eyes were pure golden. “Derek is more important.”

Olivia stared at her brother with narrowed eyes and shaky hands her body had too much adrenaline running through her body. She wanted to kill this girl so much, one she attacked Derek and before she killed innocent teenagers and her father had to know she couldn’t stop now.

“Olivia.” Derek called out making her turn away from Santi with a soft head shake trying to calm herself down before walking over to him. “Where am I?”

“My house, you’re staying here and so is Isaac. You’ll guys be safe.” She said softly touching his face, he looked up at her with furrowed eyebrows.

“Where are Erica and Boyd?” He asked making Olivia furrowed her eyebrows before looking over to Isaac with wide eyes.

“Who is Erica and Boyd?” Isaac started laughing shaking his head before looking down at Derek with a cheesy smile.

“Can’t even tell your girlfriend about your pack.” He said causing Olivia’s face to turn beat red before looking away from him towards Isabella.

“Let’s get his big head off of your legs and towards the house before dad sees us all out here and kills all of us.” She looked over to Isaac with a smile. “You can invite Erica and Boyd too if they live with you guys.”

“No, they live with their parents.”

“I want them with us.” Derek growled at the both of them as Olivia rolled her eyes slinking out of the car.

“Santi can you help pick up Derek, Isaac call Erica and Boyd please.” She said with a smile over to Isaac and quickly made her way to the house, if they had neighbors she knew they’d think she was a nut case for having this many people in her house. Santi picked up Derek with ease making Olivia shake her head as Isabella stood on the side with Isaac making her smirk.

“Where is Derek staying?” Santi asked as Olivia looked at him with an are you kidding face causing him to laugh. “I’d figure it’d be your room.”

“You’re going to give dad a heart attack.” Isabella said causing Olivia to roll her eyes. “What? it’s true.”

Santi brought Derek upstairs towards her room and Olivia ran around the house trying to find blankets and extra pillows for Isaac and whoever the else is coming through. She didn’t like the idea of having that many wolves in the house especially since her father doesn’t know them was enough to blow his lid.

“Are Erica and Boyd coming over?” Olivia asked as Isaac came down only in his boxers and a light tee causing Olivia’s eyebrows to rise into her hairline. “You are way too good looking for a teenager. Just saying.” She said throwing her hands in the air causing him to chuckle.

“So…your sister is single?” He asked leaning on the wall causing Olivia to chuckle at him. “She isn’t?”

“Oh sweetie, she has a thing for Stiles.” She said waving her hand in a flamboyant way causing Isaac to laugh over at her. “But you’re better looking.” She said in a low voice so only he could hear her. “Trust me.”

He laughed before throwing himself down on the blankets making Olivia smiled down at him. “Do I have to go to school tomorrow?”

“Yes.” Olivia said back to him with a small smile as he gave her a puppy eye look causing her to roll her eyes at him. “Don’t give me those eyes…are you really that tired?” She asked popping her hip on the couch as he nodded his head. “Fine, fine. All the kids in this house are staying home. Also if Erica and Boyd come just let them chill with you.” She said while yawning and making her way towards her room.

Derek had a small smile on his face causing Olivia to roll her eyes as she pulled her shirt over her head. “Don’t be looking, Derek Hale.” She warned as she slipped off her shorts causing him to chuckle, she turns to look at him and his eyes were held close. Olivia smiled quickly getting in the bed and snuggling up close to him.

“You seem to be doing better.” She said in a soft voice wiping the sweat off his face. “Still a little sweaty should have probably brought you in the bath tub.”

“No.” He said quickly causing her to laugh as she put chin on his chest. “I can take a shower on my own when I’m better.” He said causing her to smile at him. “You’re a push over, Olivia.” He said in a low voice as she rolled her eyes at him.

“Hey they are tired…they are probably worried about you. I know Isaac is really worried about you.” Derek didn’t say anything as he looked over at her with furrowed eyebrows.

“Are you going to tell me who the hell that chick was?” He asked causing her to sigh taking her chin off of his chest.

“How am I supposed to know who she was? She almost attacked me and if wasn’t for you picking me up I would have been in your spot but I would have been dead. I don’t how your ability to heal quickly I mean my legs are still fucked up.”

“Olivia who the hell is she? You try to stake her in the heart like a damn vampire. Is that what she was?”

Olivia stared at him with furrowed eyebrows with a glum look on her face before letting out a sigh. She didn’t know what to say and she didn’t know what her father do in her place she couldn’t tell him that vampires were true. She couldn’t let these teenagers fighting vampires without them knowing what they were.

“Yes.” Olivia said biting her lower lip looking at him. “They are real and something that hurt my family.” She started to tear up looking away from him. “I don’t want you guys fighting, they are dangerous and vicious. Weirdly enough I care for you guys more than I wanted too and I’ve only known you guys for a few weeks. Maybe it’s because I think of you guys as family or I see teenagers and just think of my brother and sister but I don’t need you guys going after vampires.”

“If they are going after us then I will kill them.” He said causing Olivia to sigh before putting a hand on his mouth.

“Derek, shut the hell up and heal already.” He smiled pulling her hand off of his mouth and pulled her on top of his chest. “You can’t heal with me half naked.”

“Not what I was thinking.” He said with a smirk on his face as they heard the groaning from two teenage boys.

“Please don’t have sex!”Santi shouted causing Olivia to roll her eyes before straddling Derek’s waist with a loud heavy sigh.

“He’s such an ass, I swear to god.” She said softly before burying her face in Derek’s neck with a heavy sigh. “Hey your marks are gone.” Derek eyebrows perked up. “I guess that Vet really knows his stuff.” She said softly letting her fingers trace his flawless skin.

“Let’s sleep.”
~~~*~~

Derek couldn’t sleep from his body was over heating from the bite, he couldn’t believe that Olivia had admitted there was vampires. He knew Isaac and Santi was talking about vampires downstairs and from what Derek heard he knew Olivia knew more than what she was telling him. He looked over to see Olivia was cuddling up next to him as his arm was wrapped around her waist bringing her closer to him. Olivia was something he hasn’t had since Kate Argent which he didn’t like to think about, he trusted her and he wasn’t too sure if he wanted to trust Olivia but it was happening.

“Who the hell are all these teenagers in my god damn house?” Olivia jumped up to her feet startled and completely rolled off her bed with a loud bang.

“Shit, shit I forgot he wasn’t home!” She shouted as Derek eyebrows rose into his hair line as he watched her running out of her room in her undergarments.

“Olivia you might-“ He called out but it was too late as she ran down the stairs as her father looked at all the bodies on the floor he looked up to see Olivia in her underwear’s.

“Olivia put some clothes on!”

“Shit happened at the club, Derek was attacked, and the pack came here to stay safe.” She said as he stared at her.

“Olivia clothes!” He shouted as she rolled her eyes looking over to see a female who she expected to be Erica and a black boy was Boyd she smiled over at them before walking back up the stairs as Derek furrowed eyebrows staring at her trying to contain his excitement.

“I think he took that better than I thought he would.” She said making Derek laugh shaking her head at her.

“I think you walking down the stairs in your under wears distracted him.” He said making her scrunched up her face.

“Derek.” Her father voiced boomed up the stairs making Olivia perk an eyebrow over to him as he shrugged his shoulders. “We need to speak, you too Olivia.”

Olivia sighed looking up at Derek with her eyebrows knitted together before throwing on some clothes quickly. She grabbed Derek’s wrist bringing him down the stairs as she saw his father looking over at the group of teenagers sitting on the floor. He looked over to see his daughter and Derek walking down the stairs with furrowed eyebrows letting his anger sits in his stomach.

“I am sure Olivia told you about what attacked you last night.” He said not looking at Derek as Olivia rolled her eyes. “We do have vampires and they are after our family.” He said as Olivia eyes widen looking over at him as the teenagers were looking over The Ortega family with wide eyes. “I thought it’d be wise to come here-“

“You’ve put us all in danger!” Derek shouted over at her father making Olivia shake her head letting her hair curtain her face.

“I did what was the better for my daughters and son!” He shouted over to Derek as Olivia rolled her eyes even more. “Your father would help us out! I see you’re nothing like him.”

“Father shut up!” Olivia shouted at him seeing the anger running on Derek’s face but she could see he was hurt more than angry.

“No! It’s true he would have taken us in with open arms and-“

“Shut up! He is right we did put them in danger, we put all these teenager’s lives in danger. Look at them they are all scared and worried all of them and we just put more dangers in their lives.”

“Actually…we’re used to it.” Isaac said making Olivia look over at him with a shut the hell up face causing Derek to chuckle.

“You guys don’t know vampires. We do! We faced them and…” Olivia looked down at her feet with tears in her eyes. “Just forget about it! You are not fighting them and that’s final.” She shouted turning on her heel up towards her room. Derek quickly followed her up the stairs putting his hand on the door before she closed it and pushing his way into her room.

“What happened to your family to make you move out here?” He asked as she sighed walking away from him. “Olivia just tell me.”

“No. Why the hell should I? I don’t even know you well enough to tell you my secrets! I barely know you!” She shouted at him as he stared at her. “You didn’t even tell me what happened to your family!”

“You never asked.” He said shrugging his shoulders causing her to glare at him.

“You wouldn’t tell me you’re bullshitting me!” She shouted at him as he crossed his arms around his chest. “You’re telling me you would tell me about your family?” He furrowed his eyebrows over at her.

“My family is burned to death in a fire from someone I trusted and loved.” He said looking at Olivia with a serious look on his face.

“I’m sorry.” She said softly walking over to him wrapping her arms around him. “I killed my mother because she turned into a vampire. I was the only one who was able to do it and I hate myself for it.” He wrapped his arms around her bringing her close to him. “You don’t know how that feels her blood on my hands, her life passing before her eyes because of me.” Derek had picked her up from the floor and kept her closer to him.

“I’m so sorry Olivia.” He said softly as she cried into the crook of his neck. “You were just trying to save your family.”

“I know but I still hate myself.” Derek pulled away from her giving her a soft look on his face. “Derek I don’t know if I can do it again. I was so scared when you were bitten but I knew it had to be different cause you are a werewolf but my sister could be harmed next time and I can’t kill her.”

“Olivia it’s not going to happen.” He said softly. “I won’t let it.”

She didn’t know what she did for Derek to trust her so easily or for him to even declare that but she didn’t care all she knew is that she felt safe. She had someone that trusted her with their life and would protect hers. She smiled at him as he sent a smile back to her before moving in to kiss her on the lips. She smirked as she kissed him back and quickly wrapped her legs around his waist as his hands moved down to cup her butt.

“How the hell am I supposed feed all these children Olivia?” Her father shouted from down stairs making her roll her eyes pulling away from Derek.

“You want to stay for brunch?” Derek laughed with a small smile on his face. “Please say yes, so you can help feeding your pack.” His face dropped causing Olivia to laugh at him. “It’s your pack.”

“Erm. Right.” He said as he let Olivia down to the floor watching her walk of the room to help out his own wounding pack. His pack wasn’t as strong as Santi’s relationship with his father and he wondered if he would ever have the pack on his side like that too.

Olivia looked over at the pack and she knew they heard everyone heard her confession but they all looked like normal teenagers. The tv was on MTV as Erica was watching the girl code as Isabella was helping out Isaac with some chemistry homework as Boyd and Santi were talking about sports. Derek slowly walked down the stairs with a hand rubbing the back of his neck making Olivia smile over to him.

“Go enjoy girl code.” Derek shot her a look causing her to giggle. “Or are you going to help me?”

“Yeah sure.”

“Good.” Richard said getting out of the kitchen. “Because I need to go back to work and I am not getting in trouble for all these kids for being here Olivia. Santi you need to do your homework from today and so do you Isabella.”

“We weren’t even in school today, pa.” Santi said putting his hands behind his head before getting a look from his father. “Alright, fine.”

“Dad they shouldn't have to do homework for a class they didn’t even go to.” Her father turns to look over to her with a glare.

“Maybe you shouldn’t have left them out of school.” He said making Olivia face heat up with anger but Derek hand engulfed hers completely.

“We had to take care of business, we had to help Derek. That’s what the Ortega family does.” She said staring at him with a hard glare.

“Whatever Olivia, you wanna run these families then do it.” He snapped opening the door and slamming it shut as she clenched her jaw shut and glared at the door.

“He’s such an asshole. Anyways what do you guys want? Bacon and Eggs or pancakes?” She asked as the pack of teenagers shouted all different answers making her look over at Derek as he shrugged his shoulders.

“How about I make both and you guys just eat whatever you want.” She said with a smile as Isaac had a big smile on his face while putting his arm around Isabella causing Olivia to smile at them. She walked back into the kitchen quickly gathering out the bacon strips and pan cake mix.

“You like doing this?” Derek asked as he watched her looking of pans, she turned to look at him with a stern look on her face. “What?”

“You’re going to help, Alpha.” She said with a hand on her hips. “You need a better bond with your pack well this is It.”

“Cooking?” He asked making her roll her eyes at him. “Cooking?”

“Yes, now shut up and help flip these damn bacon strips.”

Derek didn’t know what to say but he wasn’t sure if this was the right way to be with his pack or even to take care of his pack but if Olivia thought so then he’d try to do it for her and for his pack. He watched her as she was mixing the pan cake as he was placing the bacon strips down on the pan. He wondered if Olivia did this for her older pack that she had before she moved. Olivia looked over at him with a small smile as he looked like he was thinking hard about the bacon. She held back a smile as she watched him flip a bacon strip. She walked over to Derek wrapping her arms around his waist giving him a kiss on the neck, he turn to look at her with a surprised look on his face.

“Why are you surprised?” She asked gently as he shrugged his shoulders as she bit on her lower lip. “I like kissing you.”

“Nothing.”

~~*~~

“Brunch is done.” Derek said as Olivia laughed at his monotone voice as the teenagers ran into the kitchen.

“Thanks for the food Liv.” Isaac said while digging in the food making Olivia smile over to him grabbing at a bacon strip and chomped into it.

“Hey can we call you our pack mama.” Erica said with a smile on her face looking over at Derek with a mischievous look gleaming in her eyes.

“Uh.” Olivia face burnt up looking over to Derek as he stared over to Erica was a murderous look on his face.

“What? She is your girlfriend and takes cares of us better than you do.” She said shrugging her shoulders making Derek to glare even more.

“Let’s just eat.” Olivia said with her face still red at Erica. She already knew that Erica was going to be a pain in her side be she chose to ignore that thought, anyone could see Erica was just like Derek.

“Yeah Erica leave the poor girl alone.” Boyd said with a smile on his face giving her a wink making Olivia smile over to him.

Pack mama. Olivia thought to herself with a smirk gracing her face as she looked over to Derek and he still looked embarrassed as all hell causing Olivia to smile to herself some more.

“We have to tell Scott and Stiles.” Isaac said looking at Olivia and she nodded her head swallowing down the bile that rose in her throat.

“I’ll invite them over for dinner.” Santi said with a smile and his mouth filled with food causing Olivia to smack him in the back of the head. “What?”
♠ ♠ ♠
I was going to change this chapter too but fuck it I'm leaving this chapter the way it is. I know people are probably wondering why there is more Scott and Stiles? It's because it's more of a Derek story rather than a Scott story. (Which is...like teen wolf if we're gonna be honest lol) therefore there isn't a lot of them in it. More of the pack and no Erica will not be dead in this story and yes Cora will come into this story later in.

More girl power~