Hardest of Hearts

Arguments and Changes

Two weeks have passed by and suddenly the deaths stopped which made the teens feel like a weight was lifted off their shoulders but it just made Olivia uneasy, she didn’t like the idea of the deaths just stopping; it was a sign to her the worse has yet to come. She couldn’t do anything about it but handle life as normally as she could which involved normal house chores.

“Your legs look better.” Her father grumbled behind her as she was cleaning up the kitchen, she turned to look at him with an eyebrow raised.

“Yeah, I know.” She said in a cold voice, she still hasn’t forgiven her father for trying to kill Derek over some Alpha dominance trip.

He sighed heavily while shaking his head as he sat in the chair watching Olivia clean for a bit and she could tell he was trying to talk to her and wanting to get some coffee. She rolled her eyes putting the mop to a side and started to fix some coffee for him and herself. She could feel her father staring at her which was driving her nuts, she couldn’t believe how much of an awkward man he was and wondered when he got like that.

“Derek and you?” He asked trying to sound calm, cool and collected but he just sounded like a nervous father trying to explain what sex is like which made Olivia want to laugh. She knew why he was like that because this is the first time he needed to started to take the mother’s role which Olivia filled those shoes.

“What about Derek and I?” She asked waiting for the coffee to brew and he sighed heavily again causing Olivia to turn to look at him.

“Are you guys a thing?” He asked as she raised an eyebrow over to her father, she’s never talked about it to Derek which left them both open grounds to see other people and that thought made her stomach tighten.

“I actually have no idea.” She said quickly before shrugging her shoulders as she walked over to get a coffee mug for the both of them. “We haven’t really discussed us more or less what are we going to do if the blood sucker comes back.”

Her father didn’t say anything as he watched her pour coffee into a mug and quickly poured milk and only put two sugars for her father, Olivia catch her father smiling which made her smile in return it was awhile since she saw her father smile.

“You’re a great kid you know that.” He said as she put the coffee mug in front of him causing her to raise an eyebrow at him. “I know I barely tell you and I am a shitty father but you truly are a great kid. You’ve taken care of Isabella and Santi, you’ve tried your best to handle a supernatural problem even though you are a human and you’ve taken a leader like role in this house. I love you for being a strong woman; your mother would be proud.”

Olivia started to tear up as her father said that; she felt embarrassed over it so she spun on her heel and wiped away the tears that have fallen down her face. He chuckled a bit making her roll her eyes at him before turning back around to sit next to him and drink her coffee.

“You make your coffee too light. How much sugar is in that thing?”

“About five scoops.” She shrugged her shoulders at him. “I like my coffee light and sweet, it’s just my thing.”

“You are your mother’s child.” He teased making her roll her eyes with a smile on her face before taking a sip of coffee and she liked this side of her father more than the crazy, overly aggressive man he had started to become. “Do you think Derek and you will become a thing?”

Olivia study her father as he kept drinking his coffee and try to come off easy going but she could tell that he really wanted her to answer the question. She sent him a small smile giving him an easy going feeling and try to keep her heart pace steady, but she thought if her heart was pacing he could be thinking she was thinking about Derek so she didn’t have to try so hard but her mother’s warning of knowing who told on them was ringing throughout her mind. She didn’t want to think her father told but his eagerness to know about her and Derek was bothersome. She quickly put the cup down with a warm smile over to her father and shrugged her shoulders.

“Why are you wondering all of a sudden?”

“Just curious, I talked to some of the pack and-

“You what?” Olivia snapped at her father; she couldn’t believe here he was talking to the pack that didn’t move with them because they didn’t trust them and here he was talking to them. It was enough to drive her insane.

“Olivia I can’t just drop my pack it’s too much. I’ve been an alpha to a pack for almost over 30 years. I’ve had that pack since I was twenty three I couldn’t do it.” Olivia shook her head grabbing her mug and throwing away the coffee.

“We needed to be safe and you’ve ruined this family with your pack bullshit!” She screamed at him. “Did you not think of a second it was one of your pack members who stabbed you in the back!” He looked over at her as her face boiled in anger.

“I did but I needed to speak to them and Adam was wondering about us, so I told them and it felt great to speak to the pack.”

As Richard kept talking Olivia’s face grew redder with anger as she glared at him; she knew if looks could kill it would be struck down at that very moment. She couldn’t believe this man for a second, a man who had single handedly ruined everything they ran away from.

“Adam hated your guts!” She shouted at him she could feel her blood boiling and she couldn’t handle this anger. “You risked our lives for your pack one too many times and I am done.” She said as she started to stomp out of the kitchen he grabbed at her wrist.

“You will not speak to me like that!” He growled getting up from the chair towering over her causing her to laugh at him.

“You’re an idiot and a fool if you think I am going to listen to you!” She screamed back at him yanking her arm away from him as she started to walk away from him.

“Get back here!” She could hear the wolf edging to come out and she didn’t care as she ran towards her room; she didn’t want to stay in that house anymore so she throw some clothes in a bag, she didn’t like the idea of running anymore but she couldn’t stay in the house with her father staying for the whole day on his official day off. She quickly threw a bag for a weeks-worth of clothing and womanly products. She sighed grabbing her cellphone instantly texting Derek.

Hey I need a place to crash…care if I join your house?
She waited for his answer before she left the house, if he didn’t give her answer she would have to go rent a hotel because the idea of asking Allison, Scott, or Stiles to stay in their houses was weird seeing how they were still in high school.

What happened?
He texted back causing Olivia to smile while rolling her eyes as she waited for his answer she’d rather speak to him in person about her problems.
Met up at the diner?

No, grocery store I need a cover story. Want anything?
She waited for his answer as she grabbed some sunglasses to hide her anger in her eyes. She waited for Derek to text her back but then she started to feel anxious when he didn’t text right away. As she sighed grabbing her bag and throwing it over her shoulder the phone started to vibrate making her smile.

Isaac was talking about wanting some dinner. He wrote causing Olivia to laugh while rolling her eyes.
So maybe we should go shopping.

Derek didn’t say anything back which didn’t bother her as she walked her way down the stairs and her father seemed to be gone, which she was glad about as long as he was out of her sight she didn’t have to speak to him. She couldn’t believe her father would put her family right back into trouble, right back to square one. If she knew that he was going to do that then she would have told him to keep them in the city instead of getting a new round of children in trouble, she was disgusted over her father’s action.

Olivia’s frown was clear across her face as she pushed her cart around which was half way filled with food, she wonder Derek feeds Isaac and himself if he was asking for real food. She rolled her eyes with a smile on her face thinking of probably a bunch of pizza boxes and Chinese food around his house. She sighed stopping in front of the meats while rubbing her face trying to get over her thoughts of her father.

“Oh pork chops!” She heard behind her causing her to jump turning around to see Isaac with a smile on his face making Olivia to glare at him for a short second but smiled over to him.

“Aren’t you supposed to be in school?”

“Felt like skipping.” He shrugged his shoulders as she shook her head at him. “Just for today.”

“And Derek allows you to do that?”

“Hm.” He bit on his lower lip making her smile at him shaking her head as she went to pat his face he flinched making Olivia eyes widen over at him.

“I’m sorry.” She said softly as she moved her hand away from his face. “I didn’t…know.” Olivia instantly felt bad at her stupid assumption. “I would have never-“

“It’s okay.” He cut her off with a smile over to him. “It’s not your fault you didn’t know.” He said as she furrowed her eyebrows together, she saw Derek walking over to them as she tried to hold back a smile. She looked over to Isaac with a sigh and touched his arm gently squeezing it.

“You want pork chops?”

“Hell yeah.” He said causing Olivia to laugh at his excitement turning her back to him grabbing some pork chops and look through the meat to see which ones are less fatty. “But you do know what that house looks like?” He asked causing Olivia to look at him with furrowed eyebrows at him.

“What are you talking about?” She titled her head to the side with a puzzled look on her face as Isaac was ready to answer Derek came up right behind her; she turned to look over to him with a smile on her face. “We’re going to make pork chops.” Derek eyebrows rose with a surprised look on his face keeping her smile on.

“Good. I told you Isaac was really excited.” He said with a smile that Derek barely showed causing Olivia to bit on her lower lip.

“Hmm so excited he skipped school?” She asked pushing the cart as Isaac was walking around to find other food causing Olivia to chuckle.

“I…I didn’t know? I was still sleeping before and-“ Olivia turn to Derek with a smile on her face grabbing his collar shirt pulling him in to give her a kiss, she felt a smile on his side making her giggle pulling away from him.

“It’s okay, but he needs school okay?” He nodded his head she smiled wiping the lip stick that she left on his face causing her to smile.

“I know.”

Derek grabbed the cart pushing it making Olivia furrowed her eyebrows at him but she allowed him to push the cart. She followed him on the side as they walked together silently as she looked around to see where Isaac was; she laughed at herself making Derek to look over at her with a questioning look on his face.

“I feel like my mother looking for Isaac…I actually feel like my mother a lot lately. You know it’s pretty interesting and-“

“Since I don’t have a job I was wondering if I can have this?” Isaac said coming over to Olivia as she smiled at him seeing candy in her hands causing her to laugh at him.

“Yeah, sure sweetie throw it in there now do me a favor go out with my sister.” Isaac started laughing over at him but she can see Derek giving Isaac a glare so she shoved him.

“Sure if she lets me.” He said making Olivia smile as they walked over to the register as the guys quickly throw the stuff on the register as Olivia walked towards the bags watching the guys help her out making her smile back at them. Derek started to walk over to her grabbing her arm pulling her aside as they watched Isaac.

“What’s going on with your dad?” He asked making her sigh looking away from him looking at the window watching cars passed by.

“How’d you know it was him?” She asked as he pursed his lips over at her making her laugh rolling her eyes at him. “I can’t speak to you about it now.” She said making him furrow his eyebrows at her. “When we’re at your house which by the way why was I told I am going to be shocked about what it looks like?” Derek looked enraged over at her as he looked at Isaac as Isaac looked a bit lost.

“Olivia?” He asked but he almost backed up looking over at Derek making Olivia pushing Derek back to where they were standing. “Hi. I got it, sorry we were busy.” The register looked over at Olivia with a looked as if she would have done the same as her.

“It’s okay, Derek Hale is the mysterious guy.” Olivia laughed shaking her head over to the girl. “The totally is 50 bucks.”

“Sure, mysterious.” She said quickly pulling out her card and swiping it through as she looked over at Isaac with a smile but he looked a bit scared at Derek. “We are gonna have a great dinner okay.” She said softly at him as he nodded his head. “Don’t worry that was my fault, I should have asked him when we were home.”

“huh home.”

Isaac had all the bags in both of his hands as they walked over to Derek’s car as Olivia grabbed Derek’s arms trying her best to pull him a side at first he didn’t move but he slowly moved to her side as he saw the look of anger on her face.

“Listen you can’t be angry at Isaac over something so small. You can’t. He’s been hurt from his parents and you should know that.” He furrowed his eyebrows over to her.

“I know that.”

“Okay then don’t lose your head over what he does, he’s trying Derek. He is. Okay? Now let’s have dinner.” She said silently praying to herself that the house isn’t a mess or something worse than she could handle.

~~*~~
Olivia’s eyes widen as she saw the house half burnt making her jaw drop before looking over to Isaac with wide eyes before looking back at Derek with a confused look on her face. She tried her best to not making him feel embarrassed but that house was too much but it was just too much for her.

“Christ Derek are you serious?” He sighed looking away from her as she shook her head looking at a house that was a burnt shell of what it used to be, of suppressed memories of Derek and clear shame for him. “Don’t you want to fix it up? I could seriously help you out with that?” He didn’t say anything as he parked the car as she sighed at him and grabbed his hand. “Derek I don’t want to change you but the house needs to be changed. Is it safe living in there?”

“If I am living here then yes.” He said in a hard tone causing her to sigh as he got up and slamming the door shut making her look over to Isaac.

“I can see why the pack is so wounded when your Alpha is so wounded.” She rolled her eyes getting out of the car. “Derek!” She shouted to him as she crossed her arms crossed her chest waiting for him to come out. “Derek come out now!”

Derek came outside of with a glaring look on his face as she glared back at him with her hands on her hips. He quickly came down the stairs as she walked over to her as she kept her glare over to him.

“You are not going to give me anyone this poor treatment anymore, seriously you aren’t. Isaac is your pack!”

“I know that!” He shouted back over to her as she poked her jaw out at him. “Don’t you think I fucking know that!”

“Then act like you do!” She screamed back at him and she already knew that this was going off to a bad start, she knew if Isaac was in a bad home this was triggering him into some weird place. She was beyond pissed though and she couldn’t handle Derek’s anger anymore.

“What do you know?” He shouted at her as she rolled her eyes going over towards the trunk before looking over to him.

“Let’s go to my house, I am not staying in this house. Neither is Isaac.” She said to him. “And neither are you.” She said even if the anger was boiling her blood at Derek’s anger.

“What about your father?” He asked making her shrug her shoulders to him. “I thought you needed to speak to me?”

“I do, and we can.” She said to him turning to her foot to walk back towards the car, he sighed quickly getting in the car and pulling reserving out of there and she knew he was mad and so was Isaac. His eyes were wide with fear making Olivia sigh turning to him. “Calm down Isaac, I’m sorry that I reacted so badly.”

“It’s okay.” He said quietly as she smiled warmly at him. “Seriously don’t give me a look of aw she’s being nice. I truly want to say I am sorry.”

“I believe you.” He said as she grabbed at his knee gently squeezing his knee before turning to look at Derek but his eyes were on the road and his hands were wrapped tightly on the squeezed on the wheel.

“Relax.” She said grabbing at his thigh as he let out a heavy sigh but she could tell he was still angry at her. “Please.”

Derek, Isaac and Olivia didn’t say anything as she rolled her eyes looking out the window with a clenched jaw. Her hand was still wrapped on his thigh but she was beyond angry at Derek, she didn’t like how he treated Isaac, and she didn’t even know how he treated Erica and Boyd. Once they got to her house her father car was gone and she let out a breath she didn’t know she was holding in.

“Thank baby Jesus.” She said pulling her hand away from Derek hand looking over at Isaac. “And the kids are home.” She said causing him to laugh as he hopped out of the car, Olivia knew she got too much food now but she knew she’d just cook more. “Invite your pack.” She said getting out of the car as he popped the trunk open making her sigh grabbing the food.

As soon as she got into the house with the frozen meat and cold food, she turns to look over to see Derek grabbing the rest of the bags making her smile. As soon as she walked into the house she saw Isaac with his arm around Bella’s arm as Santi was talking to him while kicking around his hacky sack. She shook her head getting inside of the kitchen and started to put everything away minus the pork chops since they were frozen.

“I am making pork chops and yellow rice with corn mixed in. Also I asked Derek to invite the rest of his pack. I think Santi you need to help them out some more, sorry Isaac.”

“No, sorry to me?” Derek asked behind her as she sighed looking over to him with furrowed eyebrows before looking over to Isabella.

“Bella help out here.” She said as Bella turn to look over at Derek and Olivia nodding her head as she walked over to them as Olivia grabbed Derek’s wrist pulling him up the stairs towards her room. She knew Derek was willingly following her because his strength was more than what she can handle.

As they finally got towards her room; she closed her door before turning to look over at Derek. He was staring at her as she was staring at him and she didn’t know where to start. She knew if she started off angry like she normally did then they were just going to shout. She sighed looking away from him and quickly sat down on the bed trying to take the stress off her chest and her mind.

“I might have been disrespectful about the house but Derek I don’t think it is wise to live in that house.” He kept looking at her but didn’t say anything as she sighed gently. “Derek I don’t think it’s healthy for you physically or mentally. If you want I could help you with that, I seriously I would love to but you can’t live in that house.”

“Where am I supposed to go?” He asked with his arms across his chest with narrowed eyes as she sighed over to him.

“Here?” She said softly before laughing at herself and what she said over to him. “I can’t believe I am asking this…but I think you need to live there.”

“Your dad is going to fucking kill me.” He said rubbing the back of his neck making her laugh over to him.

“I think we might need to be saved from our father.” She said softly to him. “If I am honest he told his old pack where we are at. That’s how the vampires found us and I am so worried that they are getting more to kill us all and I don’t want you guys involved with this.”

Derek looked over to her with his eyebrows rose on the top of his head as she looked down at her feet. She was worried about the fact that she is going to kill everyone here in this town; if vampires were coming then they should be scared. Derek sat down next to her grabbing the sides of her face making her look over to him.

“They aren’t here now.” He said and she knew it was him being nice so she smiled at him softly.

“Don’t blow smoke up my ass.” He smiled over to her as she sighed putting her forehead on his. “I don’t want any of you dying.”

“We won’t.” He said as she laughed gently. “Trust me we got Scott, and I trust him.” She opened her eyes to look at him with a questioning look on her face.

“Who changed Scott?” She asked as Derek sighed pulling away from her making her raise an eyebrow over to him.

“Peter.”

“Ah so he isn’t a part of your pack but trust him?”

“Yes.” He said making her nod her head at him before pulling away completely. “I don’t trust your father.”

“Me either.” She said looking at him with tears filled in her eyes. “How do I know he’s the one back stabbing us?”

“We’ll figure it out.” He said grabbing the side of her face moving in hesitantly as she moved in giving him a kiss on the lips, at first it was very chaste but she quickly moved closer to him as her hands went to his pants button. Derek pulled away gently from her as her eyes widen looking over at him feeling embarrassed at her quickness. “I’m sorry I just-“

“It’s fine, don’t worry about it.” She felt her throat started to get thick with a soft crack in her voice as she was getting off the bed Derek wrapped his arms around her waist pulling her down on the bed. She try to pull away from him but he quickly towered over her.

“That’s not why, Olivia it’s just I don’t want you dead because of me.” He said as she furrowed her eyebrows over to him. “Everyone dies around me and I don’t want you to die and I don’t want anyone of your family dying.”

“We’re so worry about each other’s families; Derek when was the last time you had someone for yourself? I want to be with you and I know you want to be with me so don’t stop this.” She said grabbing his chin bringing him down to give her a kiss on the lips and she wrapped her legs around his waist.

“How about dinner?” He asked pulling away from her causing her to laugh as she moved her hip up and pushed him to turn him over as she straddle his waist.

“I’m going to do it now.” She said giving him a kiss on the lips before moving down to his neck as he chuckled deeply.

“You sure?” He asked as she smirked nibbling on his neck causing him to gasp out in pleasurable, making her smirk against his skin.

“Mhm.” He chuckled at her as she pulled away from him as his hands grabbed at her waist as he smiled up at her. “I really wish we had privacy.” He laughed looking up at her with a lustful look making her smirk down at him.

“Me, too.” He said as she smiled giving him another kiss on the lips as she pulled her legs off of his waist to sit on the bed. “And neither of us have a house to do it.”

“We could always fix yours.” She said in a sing song voice making he sigh looking over to her. “We need to Derek. If this was my house you could stay here but I think it’d be wise to do something to your house.”

“Okay.” He said giving in to her causing her to laugh at him as he got up from the bed giving her a kiss on the lips.

“Really?” Her eyebrows peaked up as she smiled over to him as he nodded his head. “Yes!” She squealed wrapping her arms around his neck giving him a hug making him laugh at her, Olivia liked that Derek was going to change his house which is what he needed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really want to apologize for this chapter because this is not what I wanted it to be. I think this came out more like a filler than what it should have been....sorry guys. :/

Liv