Hardest of Hearts

Flash Backs

The Ortega household was filled with anger and Olivia could even feel it she was sure anyone down the block could feel it; she cursed herself getting out of the car with a quick slam. She didn’t wait for Derek as she walked up the stairs to her house; she wondered what he was angry about.
Did he actually hear us having sex? No that’d be awkward. She thought to herself while making a face. She wondered if she heard them last night speaking but then once again he would have lost his head at that instant. As soon as she opened the door to see her father pacing around the living room and the anger hit Olivia in the face like she walked in a brick wall.

“What the hell is your problem?” Olivia asked as her father glared over at her causing her to walk right back into Derek.

“Have you been making deals with vampires?” He snarled at her as she stared at him with a blank look on her face.

How the fuck did he know about that? She thought but she kept her face completely blank she had gotten used to hiding her emotions to them.
“What?”

“Vampires and my children making deals.” He snarled as Olivia furrowed her eyebrows at him as Derek was slowly pulling her away from him causing Richard to snarl even more.

“Get out of his face.” Olivia shouted at her father as Richard glared at her just causing Olivia to glare back at him. “No, I am not making plans with the vampires; don’t be stupid. Derek and Isaac are living here.” She said grabbing Derek’s wrist pulling as hard as she could.

“I’m not done talking to you!” He shouted at her causing her to sigh before looking up at Derek before pushing him up the stairs.

“Go. I’ll be back up there.” She said turning on her heel to walk down the stairs but he grabbed her wrist pulling her back up two stairs to him.

“I’m not letting you go back down there so he can hurt you.” He said making her smile at him while shaking her head.

“Please let go of me.” He stared at her with a hard look on his face but she gave him a matching look as she knew her father was growing impatient at the both of them. “Derek.”

“Fine.” He grumbled letting her go gently as she smiled at him walking down the stairs looking over at her father and his eyes were bold red staring at her watching her walk down the stairs with ease.

“Where did you hear about vampires and me?”

“Never your mind.” He said shaking his head. “I want to know if it’s true.” He said as she furrowed her eyebrows over at him.

“I want to know who told you.” He sighed looking away from her causing Olivia to glare at him and she knew if she were wolf she would have attacked him.

“I know you Olivia better than you think.” He said turning to look over at Olivia and she kept her eyebrows knitted together feeling the lie and she knew her father was keeping something from her and her family. She didn’t like it neither did she like the idea of her father joining a group behind her back.

“Right but you’re wrong.” She said as he shrugged his shoulders but she knew they knew each other little plans and now it was Ortega against Ortega.

“Your mother would have loved Derek staying here.” He said making Olivia smile over to him. “She was a great woman.” He said causing Olivia to look away from her father she was ashamed of what she did. They haven’t really spoken about her mother since she passed away and she didn’t want to start now.

“I’m going upstairs.” She said quickly with quick run up the stairs slamming the door shut with the tears rolling down her face. She forgot Derek was there until he wrapped his arms around Olivia bringing her close to his chest. “She was an amazing woman.” She said softly as he held her close bringing her to her bed.

“You don’t have to say anything.” He said softly trying to sooth her with a soft touch of his hand as she cried into his chest.

“I should…you should know her. I loved her and I killed her.” She said between sobs pulling away from Derek; he watched her cry as a soft hand cupped her face wiping the tear with his thumb. “I should tell you what happened.”

“You don’t have to.” He said holding her close to him as she put her hands on his chest. “Olivia you don’t have to tell me anything you don’t want to.”

Olivia pulled away from him sitting all the way at the end of the bed, she felt like she shouldn’t even have Derek around her once she tells him about her mother’s death. She didn’t even want to be around herself.

“Derek…I have too.”


New York City at night was bright and fully packed no matter what day it was but they weren’t close to the city anymore. Ortega family was following the Alpha of their house and within the pack, Olivia was staying back with her close friend John.

“You father really thinks the vampire is out to get us?” He asked as Olivia shrugged her shoulders as she held the arrows close to her.

“Don’t questions your pack leader.” Carlota, Olivia’s mother said to them both. “He knows what he is talking about.” He said patting John on the top of his head and he laughed nodding his head.

“Alright mama Ortega.” He said with a smile as he walked up more the pack leaving Olivia with her mother and that’s how their pack worked. Alpha and the Alpha mate were in the front and back of the pack but since Olivia didn’t like the idea of leaving her mother back there she stood along with her.

“You don’t have to stay back here you know.” She said looking over to Olivia with a warm smile causing Olivia to roll her eyes.

“Mom, we humans gotta stick together.” She teased causing Carlota to laugh at her. “Isabella is just staying with Jen because Jen and Isabella are nerds, super smart kids.”

“You trust Jen with Isabella that’s why she’s with her.” Carlota said with a smile making Olivia pursed her lips at her mother. “I don’t blame you but you should trust the pack more.” Olivia furrowed her eyebrows together looking over to the pack shaking her head.

“You need to trust them. I know you have this thing against the pack right now but your dad loves them and they are your family. ” She said making Olivia look over her mother pulling them aside to get away from the pack; she needed to tell her that she doesn’t like Adam and he’s been acting weird since a month ago. “Olivia what are you doing?”

“Mom I need to tell you something really important and it has to deal with-“ Someone grabbed Olivia’s shoulders causing her to startled while pulling her arrow out and stabbing the person in their neck.

“Ah fuck.” The voice growled out causing Olivia’s eyes widen but her face dropped seeing that it was Adam the man she didn’t trust him at all. “You woman need to stay with the pack.”

“Fuck off. We can handle our own.” Olivia growled at him as his eyes were electric blue staring at her. “Go away.”

“No.” He said grabbing Olivia along making her try to punch him but he grabbed her hand while he dragged her along as Carlota tried to stop him but someone grabbed her causing her to scream out loud.

“Mom!” Olivia screamed out pulling away from Adam as he saw Carlota getting pulled away from them. “Get dad, please!”

Olivia started running after them as her mother was grunting and it sounded like fighting to Olivia which made Olivia start to worry even more. Olivia mother was not a fighter and had always said that she didn’t wish to fight the vampires and now here she was by herself.

“Mom scream!” Olivia shouted as she kept running towards the noise but it was echoing around the forest making Olivia to panic as she felt the tears coming.

“Olivia run! I got this!” She shouted but her voice sounded raw almost as she had screamed all night causing Olivia to furrow her eyebrows.

“Mom!” She shouted as she kept on running towards the laughter from the vampires and the leaves shuffling around the floor.

“Olivia follow me!” Olivia heard her brother say to her as she watched him running past her making Olivia nod her head and follow her brother as much as she could. “Olivia, run!” He shouted before he yelped out in pain.

As soon as Olivia caught up her mother had a gaping hole in her neck and was weakly fighting off a few vampires but they were just playing with her causing Olivia to feel anger in the pit of her stomach, her eyes looked over to see her brother was lying on the floor looking daze.

“We have your family little Olivia.” The beautiful vampire said with blood dripping down her face. “Little Isabella is with us.”

“Shut up!” Olivia shouted as she went to grab for the arrows but they were pulled off of her and she was pushed faced first to the ground the vampires just laughed at her.

“Olivia your mother is dying.” One said next to her causing Olivia to look up to see her mother was still swinging the stake around but it was weak. “Say good bye because she’ll soon be one of us.” Olivia growled getting up and stabbing the one next to her in the heart and the scream shrilled in the silent night.

“You stupid little human.” Another vampire with bright blonde hair said as Olivia growled pulling the stake out of the other vampire heart into the one next to her. She quickly pulled out the little axe out of her jacket and cut her head off.

“Fucker.” Olivia looking over to the other vampire that was dying on the floor causing Olivia glare over at them. “I hope this hurts the shit out of you.”

“Oh.” He said laughing on the floor at her. “You are so dead Olivia Ortega.” He said making her snarl her lip and slicing his head off too. She turned to look over to see the beautiful vampire laughing leaning on a tree watching the show.

“You missed your mother changing, sweetpea.” She said with a teasing smile causing Olivia to furrow her eyebrows over to her.

“What?” She asked looking for her mother and before she knew it her mother was on her neck causing her to scream out. “Mom please stop!”

“I’m so hungry.” Carlota said with her teeth grazing Olivia’s neck causing Olivia cry at the change. “You smell so good.”

“Mom…I’m so sorry.” Olivia said as her mother teeth was almost sticking into her skin Olivia turn her stake towards her mother harshly shoving it in her chest. “I’m so sorry.” She said repeating herself watching her mother slip away from Olivia. “I don’t want to kill you.”

“Olivia do it.” Carlota eyes were completely black as she watched Olivia cry over her and the dead blood was dripping off her face and body. “Just do it!”

“You can’t leave me.” Olivia sobbed grabbing her mother head and putting it in her lap. “You can’t leave us, dad is going to break.”

“Olivia I love you and I don’t blame you for this.” Carlota said putting a hand to her face making Olivia pout, her mother looked beautiful even as she was slowly dying, her hair looked fuller and felt it, there was something different but she could tell she wasn’t human even without the pitch black eyes.

“Daddy will never forgive me.” Olivia sobbed looking down at her mother as her mom sent her a soft smile.

“Daddy will because he loves you.” She said closing her eyes letting out a heavy sigh. “Please kill me now Olivia.”

Olivia nodded her head with a pout as she grabbed her axe she quickly cut her head off causing Olivia to scream out in anger and pain as her mother’s head was sitting on her lap. She didn’t know what to do, as she looked over to see Santi was still out of it. She didn’t want to drop her mother head but she didn’t want her brother to die from whatever vampire magic was there. She sighed giving a kiss to her mother’s fore head and quickly placed it down as she ran over to her brother.

“Santi wake up.” She said grabbing Santi’s face and smacking him. “Santi please don’t leave me too.” She gave up placing her forehead on his just crying out.

“Olivia.” She looked over to see John as he was still in wolf form with his eyes golden but filled with pain. “Olivia what the hell happened?”
“I killed my mother…”
“fucking vampires”

“What were you going to tell your mother before…”Derek asked holding Olivia close to him causing her to giggle over to him.

“You’re such an idiot.” She said. “You should have kissed me and gave me sad sex.” He laughed kissing her temple.

“I need to know Olivia.” He said as she looked up at him with teary eyes and his hands were cupping her head in a gentle touch.

“I can’t tell you now.” She said before moving her lips against his. “and you know why.” He nodded his head as he kept on kissing Olivia while pushing her down on the bed.

~~*~~

Derek was downstairs watching over Olivia as her father was also down stairs watching Derek and Olivia at the same time which was just driving Olivia up the damn wall.

“Why don’t you guys watch baseball or something and stop watching me.” She growled over at them as they both sighed. “I’m not a child, Christ.”

“We got it, Olivia.” Richard said looking over at Derek with a mixed look on his face before clapping his hand on his shoulder pulling him out of the dining room. Olivia was trying to come up with an idea to give Christina it was getting dark but she didn’t know if she should contact her at all they didn’t have rules or anything. “You cooking tonight?” Richard called from the living room as the baseball was blaring out of the tv.

“I always cook.” Olivia said back to him staring down at her phone. “Because I’m the only one that knows how.”

“I heard that and I can cook.” Richard said causing Olivia to roll her eyes at his statement as her phone stood in her hands.

“Yeah burnt pizza.” She mumbled and as she was ready to say anything to Christina she got a text from Santi making her furrow her eyebrows at him.

Bringing over a boy so please don’t be weird. Olivia scoffed at him as she pursed her lips looking down at the text.

You think it’s wise to bring a boy over after the drama?

Even more so.

She rolled her eyes putting the phone in her pocket making her way over to Richard and Derek and they seemed like two normal dudes enjoying tv causing Olivia to smile at the scene. It was nice and it almost felt like a normal day but she could tell from Derek’s tense shoulders that he didn’t like her father and he knew she felt a bit worried about the date.

“Santi is bringing a boy over so don’t act weird the both of you.” She said as they looked over at her with perked eyebrows.

“Why would we act weird?” Richard asked and she knew it was pissing Derek off and she wondered if that was her father’s point.

“I don’t know just don’t ask too many questions like you did his last boyfriend.” She said waving her hand. “The poor boy almost left mid-way.”

“Well I need to know if my boy is in good hands.” He said causing Olivia to roll her eyes sitting on the lazy boy chair staring at her father.

“Are you shitting me?” She asked as he looked over at her with his eyebrows up into his hair line. “You had that boy pale as sheet and Santi can handle his own.”

“He’s a teenage boy, what’s on his mind is sex.” He said making Olivia laugh leaning into the chair and shaking her head at him. “I don’t need anymore children in this house.”

“Derek isn’t a child.”

“Yeah. He should pay rent.”

Derek stood there very quietly and he noticed Olivia enjoyed her father’s company even when she was worried about everything. She looked so at ease and completely relaxed but he could see in her mind her head was spinning with ideas, she could play cool.

“I won’t be here for long Mr. Ortega.” He said as Olivia smiled over to him. “I think...once I’m done Olivia and I should probably have on own space.”

Olivia looked at him with her eyes widen as the size of the moon but he looked to see her father and he was close to losing his cool. Derek just wanted to see if he could get Richard angry enough at him and there it was. He noticed that this Alpha had a control issue and he wondered how if he had one, why did his wife wind up dying?

“Derek we didn’t speak about this maybe we-“

“You’re not leaving us.” Her father said back to her and Derek saw the look of anger on Olivia’s face as she was about to scream at her father the door opened and the kids came through making Olivia lost her track of thought.

“How’d you guys get home?”

“Danny.” Santi said pulling Danny into the living room pushing him against Isaac and Isabella which then made Danny blush and Isaac and Isabella roll their eyes at him. “He wanted to drive us over thought it’d be nice.”

“Indeed it was.” Richard said looking over at Danny and Olivia knew it was going to be a very long night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Carlota aka mom