Hardest of Hearts

Dinner

Ortega house hold was extremely noise compare to what she was used to it even with the wolves chilling around. Olivia was sitting in her thoughts as she was cutting peppers to make stuffed rice peppers for the kids in the house, she didn’t know how they were going to prepare to capture Cora.

“What are you thinking about?” Derek asked sitting across from her with an interested look on his face making Olivia bit on her lower lip.

“A lot of things.” She shrugged her shoulders. “I’m just worried is all but that’s my second nature since I’m taking into the mother role.” She looked up at him as he softens his face looking over at his stressed out girlfriend.

“Don’t worry about anything.” He said softly while grabbing her hand to stop her from cutting peppers, and try to keep their eye contact. “I mean it Olivia.”

She stared at him for a long moment before pulling her hand from his gripe and went back to cutting peppers. How could he say that to her when she knew she had to deal with a lot, but she knew he was just trying to be supportive of her but it wasn’t working.

“Can I help?” He asked looking over at Olivia feeling completely useless making her smile over to him looking away from the peppers.

“You know how to cook rice?” She asked titling her head to the side as he shook his head making her giggled at him. “You could make salad.” She said as he nodded his head making Olivia shake her head as she went back to the peppers.

Derek and Olivia stood quiet for the most part until Santi walked in with Danny trailing behind him looking very adorable. Olivia liked Danny he had this air of sweetness about him making her smile at him when he walked in. Santi the ever dramatic was leaning on the door way looking over at his sister and Derek before a smile cracked on his face as he watched Derek for a moment.

“You got him cooking too?” He teased making Derek glare at him which only made Santi laugh before looking over his sister. “What we got to drink?”

“I did not know you went blind while going to school. Go and look for yourself.”

“What a way to talk to our guest.” Santi said grabbing Danny wrists bringing him closer in the kitchen but he looked red in the face causing Olivia to smirk.

“I was just wondering is all.”

“Don’t be such a wallflower Danny; our home is always welcomed to all the little teenagers of beacon hills. Last time I checked there was ice tea, some dr.pepper but that is mine unless Danny wants and water. Oh and your sport drinks.”

“I’ll have an ice tea.” Danny said to Olivia but was looking over to Santi as Santi was giving him flirty eyes making Olivia roll her eyes at her younger brother.

“Derek can you give them a cup.” Derek grumbled in respond over to Olivia but quickly got a cup up and put it on the counter a little harsher than he should shoving it over to Santi making him roll his eyes at Derek over manliness.

“I think Derek is jealous of the attention you’re getting, Danny.” Santi said quickly pouring a cup for Danny and quickly pushed them out before Derek glared at the pair causing Olivia to giggle at him as she got up.

“It seems that way to me.” She said softly walking over to him making him shoot her a look of annoyance and in return Olivia laughed while putting her arms around his waist getting on her tippy toes to kiss him on the lips. “You’ll never be replaced.” He smiled against her lips holding her close to him letting hope fill his heart.

~*~

As Olivia was placing plates on the dinner room table which had enough room for everyone in the house a loud knock with the door bell ringing around the house went off. Olivia looked over at Derek to see if he knew who it was and he did from his head shake.

“I got it.” Isabella sang as Isaac and she was jamming out to music from her i-pod, she quickly danced passed Derek and Olivia making them looks at each other with smalls miles. She quickly opened the door and there was Erica and Boyd staying there looking a little lost for words. “Hey, what’s up?”

“Our houses were boring so we decided to be with the p-“ Isabella quickly over Erica’s mouth with her hand making the girls eyebrows raise into her hair line. “What the hell do you think you’re doing?” Erica snarled at her pushing her hand down but her grip was tight on Isabella thin wrist with the claws piercing through.

“Idiot Danny is here.” She snarled in a lover voice over to Erica as Boyd looked over at the girls a bit lost he didn’t know what to do. “Now let go of me.” The tightness in her voice was more from anger than pain, Erica rolled her eyes letting go of Isabella.

“Erica and Boyd are here.” She said turning to look over to see Derek glaring over at Erica with an extremely intense look even making Isabella stumble over her footing.

“Play nice Erica.” He warned over at Erica and Isabella quickly worked her way back to Isaac as he seems a little unease also.

“Erm.” Olivia said watching everyone in the house minus Danny and her father looked extremely uncomfortable she quickly walked over to Derek as she saw her father glancing over to him with a small smirk on his face. “Okay well I guess the teens can sit in the living room to eat.” Olivia sent Erica and Boyd a smile.

“Thanks, ma.” Erica said with a warm smile quickly pushing her way past Derek as Olivia grabbed his hand entwining her fingers and pulling him away from them. Erica did like to push everyone’s buttons but Olivia was beginning to see through her little tough girl act and Derek sure picked a bunch of broken teenagers to be in his pack.

“Derek you said you liked green peppers right?” she said pulling him along towards the kitchen and he let out a heavy sigh. “She just likes to push your buttons.”

“She’s a pain in the ass.” He said making her laugh as she grabbed the plate with all the peppers and putting it on the dinner room and surely enough everyone walked over to the dining room table and found their own spots in the living room while Olivia, Derek and Richard stood at the dining room table.

They stood quiet as they ate while the teenagers seem to be talking about a teacher they have minus Isabella and Danny who seem to have a different teacher as they are in a class with Lydia. Olivia didn’t like the idea that they were quiet but she knew Richard could feel something more than Derek being annoyed at his pack. Richard kept his eyes on Derek and Olivia almost as if he was studying them causing Olivia to hold a breath, she didn’t want him to know she was lying but it’s hard to keep your heart from not beating or your blood pressure go up.

“Danny seems like a good kid.” Richard said in a very cool tone making Olivia furrow her eyebrow over to him. “Great enough for Santi, don’t you think liv?”

“Yeah.” She said quickly while nodding her head and shoving the rice in her mouth. “He does, he seems very sweet.”

“Indeed.” Richard may seem cool and relaxed but Olivia knew he was anger at her and Derek could sense it too. “You and Derek are moving quickly no?” He said changing the topic so quick it almost caused Olivia head to spin.

“Weren’t you just asking if we were even together and now we’re moving too quickly?” Olivia asked putting her fork down to stare at her father.

“And you couldn’t give me an answer, you yourself didn’t know what you guys were and now you’re thinking of moving in with him.”

Derek looked over at Olivia but she kept her focus on her father trying to keep her cool as Danny was over and so was Derek’s pack but she felt her temper rising. Her father looked too smug looking at Olivia and she knew Derek was probably being extremely sensitive over her father wording. Olivia just wanted to shove the knife in her father’s chest and twisted it slowly to hear him in pain.

“I love him.” She said quickly and she could see the wide eye look Derek was giving her and she heard Erica gasp which made Olivia groan mentally. “Is this your big plan to piss us off enough to make us turn on each other?” She growled over at her father and her eyes were in slits.

“I don’t know what you are talking about Olivia.” He was too relaxed and it was only pissing Olivia off even more. He took a sip of wine as he kept his cool grey eyes on Olivia making her snarl her lip over to him.

“You know exactly what the fuck I am talking about.” He smiled over to her finishing the rest of his wine and shoving the empty plate away from him.

“Lovely dinner Olivia, you should be a cook.” He said getting up collecting his plate before walking towards the kitchen and she heard him cleaning his dishes. Olivia stood still until her father came back into the dining room making his way over to her. “Like I said I know you better than you know yourself.” He said poking her on the tip of her nose before walking passed her.

Olivia glanced over at him on the corner of her eye to see he was grabbing a jacket not paying attention to her before he turn to look at the teenagers sitting in his living room making Olivia feel over protective of them.

“I’ll see you kids tonight. If you guys want any snacks just text me.” He said quickly before turning back to the door hearing the goodbyes from the teenagers with the door closing gently. Olivia couldn’t believe he was walking out of the house as if nothing happened and she didn’t like how he was acting. She turned to look over at Derek which seems to already be paying attention to her.

“We need to call Scott, stiles, and Allison. Oh and make sure Peter is here too.” She said quickly gather her plate from the tale and throwing the rest of her food out. They might have to move the getting Cora faster than they thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
I kind of wish I had this in the last chapter rather than making it this chapter but it just came out that way I supposed. I also wished I wrote more Danny and Santi stuff but then I would be writing a Danny fanfic...also I kind of liked how I paired up Isaac and Isabella in a sense. Wish I could write some stuff for them too....I might who knows~ but not for this story since it is a Derek story. (Aka Teen Wolf.)