Hardest of Hearts

Decisions

“You are reckless!” Richard yelled at Olivia as Santi sat on the couch watching them argue with each other. “Even if you thought this girl would have killed us all you don’t move on your own accord.”

“You’re never here! We can’t wait for you and your calls anymore. Last time I checked I run the house when you’re gone. I saw opportunity and ran with it!” Olivia screamed at her father, it wasn’t always like this before their mother was gone they all got along pretty well.

“Think with your fucking head for once Olivia, what if they killed my baby? Isabella is the baby of this house.” He growled losing his temper as the time went on just as Olivia as she glared at him.

“Isabella isn’t your fucking baby! Santi is! You need to trust us we know what and what not to do!”

“Santi is a werewolf and he can handle himself, Bella is a female and-“ Olivia’s eyes widen so much it made Santi believe her eyeballs were going to fly right out of her head.

“Are you fucking kidding me? Did you not hear the name Allison! And even if it was some random dude, Bella can handle herself. Who gives a shit if she’s a female that is sexist bullshit coming right out of your mouth?” The slap echoed around the room but Richard held back as much anger as he could but Olivia still fell to the floor as blood dripped out of her mouth. She glared up at him as he stared down at her with his chest heaving; his adrenaline was running through his body as he shook viciously. Olivia got up to her feet and was ready to attack him but Santi got up faster pulling her away from the house.

“Fuck you!” Olivia screeched at her father. “You’re not even a father anymore, you’re a lazy son of a bitch!” was the last words that Olivia said before they finally reached outside in the street. Olivia felt her anger radiating off of her before sighing deeply. “I’m so tired of this Santi.”

“I know.” He said in a soft voice leaning on their father’s car. “I know Liv.” Olivia saw him rubbing the back of his neck as he glanced at her with his green eyes; they looked even brighter as if he was going to cry.

“Don’t cry Santiago, if you start crying then I’ll start and we’ll look like fools outside.” He sighed walking over to her with his shirt half up, she try to push him away but he cleaned the blood dripping out of her mouth.

“I can’t promise I won’t cry but I’ll promise not to do it now.” He said with a smile making Olivia smile at him with tears in her eyes. “I hate that he is hitting you, he’s never done that before.”

Olivia shrugged her tiny shoulders looking at the house, she hated the house and Beacon hills more and more as the days spun around. She wished that she was in NYU still with her then boyfriend at the time and off doing college kids things.

“Well I guess there is a first time for everything.” She said looking over to him with tired eyes. “I’m going to go for a walk, don’t follow me. I need some space.” Olivia could feel Santi staring at her but she kept her eyes up front.

Olivia was wandering through her town aimlessly which was a really dumb idea because she didn’t know the town well enough to walk around aimlessly but she didn’t care. She just didn’t want to be home anymore, that house was driving her crazy for many reasons, the top of her list is the man she calls father. She couldn’t stand being in the house anymore, she barely left it unless it was to pick up food, pick up her brother and sister or go to work. She’s completely closed herself off from anyone or anything so she stays at home waiting for a time until she can go back to New York and she knew it’d have to be when Santi finished high school. That was many years from now and that alone broke her heart, she didn’t want to be there anymore, she missed her friends, her old life, school and anything that could remind normal. Olivia life will never be normal not since her mother, not since the fighting and her barely living. It just was impossible it’s as if a blind was lifted right from her eyes and she was seeing the world for what it truly is, a battlefield and you always have to protect yourself. Olivia was so engulf in her world she didn’t notice Derek sneaking up behind her, clearly he didn’t learn from the last time as his hand gently grabbed at hers. Olivia instantly screamed trying to pull away from the person Derek quickly let go of her.

“What. Is. Your. Thing. With. Creeping. Behind. Woman?” She snarled at him not that she was mad at him but she was mad at her father and she was blowing steam on Derek as he stared at her.

“Are you okay?”
“Yes.” Olivia lied so quickly but Derek stared at her with a look of concern causing her to sigh and shake her head. “No, I’m not.” She wanted to cry but she held back her emotion looking back at him, he was studying her face causing him to sigh.

“Do…do you want to come back-“He stopped what he wanted to say Peter and Isaac was there so he needed to re-think that thought. “How about we go somewhere.” She furrowed her eyebrows looking over him.

“I look like shit, please don’t tell me you don’t notice my busted lip.” He looked over at her and gently looked down at her lip, he was trying to avoid it sensing his anger already boil up, and Olivia watched him clench his fist. “It’s not a big deal.” She said trying to easy down his anger.

“Are you- not a big deal?” His voice was tense as she furrowed her eyebrows at him. “Who did it?”

“I busted my lip doing a soccer move, it’s no big deal but-“He was in front of her in seconds and he grabbed her chin.

“Don’t lie to me.”

“What’s it matter to you?” She snapped pulling away from him as she started to walk away from him. “It’s not like you’re going to bust in my house and beat up my father!” Olivia voice cracked and she started crying looking over into the woods. “I can’t believe he’s doing this. I’m not a child anymore he shouldn’t lay his hands on me! And he doesn’t even know how strong he is either, I swear next time he hits me I’m going to be in a hospital.”

She didn’t want to confess anything but it was just coming out of her and Derek watched her back tighten as she was crying her eyes out. Olivia heard Derek sigh which made her cry even more thinking of how immature she was acting and childish. She shouldn’t have complained to a stranger and she should have just stayed home, as she turns back around to walk back she collided into his chest. He wrapped his arms around her as she wrapped her arms around his waist and cried into his chest as much as she wanted too and as hard as she wanted too.

“I’m so sorry I didn’t mean to cry into your chest.” She said softly pulling away from him as he looked down at her. “You don’t even know me and here I am crying to you.” He didn’t say anything as she wiped away the tears falling down her face. He grabbed her chin gently looking down at her swollen lip sighing as his finger grazes it.

“Its okay, Olivia.” Olivia looked up at him and she couldn’t believe this was happening her standing so close to Derek was enough to make her heart rip out of her chest. “Are you afraid of me?”

Olivia wanted to laugh at his question because she knew her heart wasn’t pumping faster from fear, it was from something else. She shook her head softly as his eyebrow perked up on his face; she watched his eyes leave her lips to give her eye contact.

“I think the proper term is that she wants to fuck you.” Olivia heard behind her and instantly her face was completely red. She looked behind her and noticed a man with slicked back hair; she glared at him while pulling away from Derek.

“I have to go”

“Home?” the man asked “Where you seem to be a new punching bag? That’s logical sweetheart.” Olivia eyebrows rose into her hair line as she stared at the man. “I’m Peter Hale I am Derek’s uncle.”

“Trust me, I don’t like him.” Olivia face hardens looking over at Peter as he sent her a smile and flamboyantly put his arms out in the air.

“An Ortega we haven’t seen one of you guys in ages.” He said with a wide smile. “How’s the pops?” Olivia glare was cutting through him completely. “Not a talkative one. You know your pops was an omega for a while, a bit like Scotty boy. Do you ever wonder why you don’t know your grandparents on your father side? No? Well that’s because your father was taken in by us, The Hales and Ortega go way back. That’s why he’s back here if you were wondering.”

Olivia furrowed her eyebrows thinking over what he said, he was right she didn’t know a lot about her father’s past life. They’ve never met their grandparents, any uncles or aunts nothing it’s always been on their mother side. Olivia didn’t like that Peter knew about her family more than she did so she quickly put more room between Peter and herself.

“Don’t be afraid I’m sure if Richard would have stay around longer you would have been bouncing on my leg and little Derek and you would have been best of friends. Where ever is your mother by the way? She was a beautiful little thing, I wanted her for myself but your father had that brooding thing about him.”

Olivia stood quite as Peter kept talking making her feel smaller and smaller. She knew if she told them that her mother died then the question of how did she die and they would smell the depression and regret off of her. She didn’t want to tell them anything but she didn’t know what to say other than running away from the problem.

“I think I need to go home now.” She said quickly as she turns on her heel but she wasn’t quick enough for Peter to grab her pulling her close to him.

“What happened to your mother, Olivia?” He asked again in a nice tone but she knew it wasn’t so nice she could feel the wolf barely clinging to him.

“Get off of me!” She shouted as Derek got in between them and he pushed Peter away from her, Olivia rubbed her wrist looking over to Derek with furrowed eyebrows. “You guys are fucking creeps.” She stated before stomping away from The Hales.

“Do you even know where you’re going?” Derek asked her as she stopped in her walking before shrugging her shoulders and kept walking forward.
Olivia kept walking as Derek’s car rolled up beside of her she didn’t pay him a mind as he sighed at her stubbornness before driving in front of her and parking just at her feet. She glared at Derek as he stared her down making butterflies float in her stomach.

“What?” She snapped at him as he smiled over to her just annoying her even more.

“You’re going to need help going back home.”

“No, no I don’t I’m fine.” She said with her hands on her hips staring at him, staring at his smile but trying her best to ignore every funny feeling going through her body.

“So you’re going the wrong way home because?”

Olivia furrowed her eyebrows before pouting over to him feeling defeated just got into his car making him feel better about himself, feeling so smug. Olivia rolled her eyes getting in the car with her arms a crossed her chest. They didn’t speak while they were in his car; she stared at the window while music played lightly in the back round. Olivia tried her best to think of other things rather than her mother but if she knew she strayed around from that her mind would start thinking about her dream of Derek. She’s been having a lot of them and it was turning her stomach inside out, she just didn’t want him to know that either. She could smell his cologne it was clogging up her thoughts as she bit down on her lower lip to ignore her wild thoughts, but she couldn’t help it. They just came coming back more and often without a care in the world of her embarrassment.

“We’re here.” He said in a low voice catching Olivia’s attention as her heart kept pounding in her chest, she was throbbing with lust and she knew it, Derek knew it and Peter called her out on it. It was driving her crazy, she looked over at him and she could see his hands were tight on the steering wheel.

“Thanks.” She said as she stared at his knuckles turning white, she glanced up at him as her teeth bit on the lower lip.

“Mhmm.” He said keep his eyes away from her and she sent him a little smirk that’s when she noticed he had the hots for her as much as she had the hots for him.
“Derek.” She said in a low seductive voice and she could tell he was trying his best not to kiss her as her heart skipped a beat. “Derek I-“

“Fuck it.” He turned his body around to her grabbing her small waist and pulling her close as his lips landed on hers; she whimpered in pain but ignored it as his tongue licked her lower lip, she opened her mouth giving him permission. Their tongues were massaging each other before he pushed her up against the side door making her moan out, he started to take charge letting his hands roam up her body grabbing at her chest causing her to arch her back into him. Derek started to suck on her bottom lip making her whine and whimper in a mixture of pain and pleasure and her hands curled into his hair pulling at it. They were two hormonal young adults and they were ready to get it on in the back seat of his car without a care in a world in front of her house not worried about her father at all. Olivia watched Derek’s hands went down to unbutton her shorts, she smirked feeling his hands reach their destination. Her hand cupped his chin pushing it upward so her lips could greedily kiss his own as they were kissing a shocking loud knock on the window startled the both of them. Olivia looked up to see her father with his eyes gleaming red and for the very first time in Olivia’s life she was scared of him.

“Shit.” She looked over at Derek and his eyes were gleaming red too causing panic to set in, Derek and her father was about to fight and this wasn’t going to be good. “Oh shit.” She said quickly getting out of the car before Derek did something ridiculous like start a battle in the middle of the street. Her hands pushed harshly on her father chest to keep them far away from each other but she wasn’t as strong as her father as he moved only an inch.

“Don’t put your hands on my daughter!” He snarled as Olivia tried her best to keep them apart but it wasn’t working.

“What? Only you’re allowed too?” Derek snapped and that was it for her father he was ready to kill Derek; Olivia could tell.

“Santi!” She screamed out for him to get outside but he was taking too long so quickly Olivia looked around to see if there was anything wooden to stop him. She noticed there for sale sign was still in the trash she ran towards the trash as she pulled out the sigh breaking it over her knee and she ran back over to her father as they were snarling at each other. “Stop it!” She shouted making Derek to look over at her and her father took a cheap shot. Derek quickly hit her father back and it was a hard blow making him stumble, Olivia watched with wide eyes as her father hit him back. “Shit, shit shit.” Olivia growled out while running towards both of them before she knew it she was down on her knees sliding over the pair of them just reaching her father’s thigh she quickly stabbing the wooden stick into his thigh piercing through the skin and jammed it right in between his muscles. He started howling in pain as he tumbled to the floor transforming back into a human, Olivia stared down with heavy deep breathes in amazement and shock. Her father’s eyes were still red as he looked over to his daughter with a look of betrayal, they stared at each other for a while leaving Derek clueless on what to do.

“What the fuck happened?” Santi shouted as he ran out of the house seeing that a fight broke up between his families.

“You’re late.” Olivia teased trying to ignore the burning pain in her legs and knees; she could smell the blood dripping from them.

“Jesus Christ.” Santi whistled looking at Derek with a claw mark to the face that was already healing, his father pulling a wooden stick out of his leg as he whimpered in pain, and Olivia was on her knees breathing heavy, tears filled her eyes and he could smell everyone’s blood but Olivia’s more. “You’re going to need to go to the hospital.” He said looking down at Olivia and she nodded her head.

“Yup.” She said in a tight voice and Derek looked at her before looking back at her brother. “But before I do that…can you give me some alcohol so I can be numb to this.” She joked causing Santi to laugh.

“Sorry sis, aint no booze in the house.”

“God damn it. Help me up.” She asked putting her hands out for Derek and Santi to help as she watched her father walk back towards the house limping in pain making her smirk. She felt Derek hand grab her left and Santi to grab her right. “So on three…one. Two.” the both picked her up making her wail out in pain, her scream pierced through the quiet night, waking up more than a few neighbors. “I said on three pendejos!”

“Well we’d figure you were counting too slowly.” Santi joked looking over at Derek but he looked completely concerned for Olivia making Santi perk up an eyebrow. “I could knock you out if you want me too but that will hurt tomorrow morning.” He said as Olivia looked over at her brother with a weak look on her face.

“Just take me to the ER.”

“Right. I guess no sleep for school tomorrow then.” Derek glared over at Santi making him furrow his eyebrows. “Alright I guess no jokes sheesh. Don’t get your alpha boxers in a bunch.” Olivia chuckle at her brother joke while patting her brother’s hand making him feel better about what happened she knew he felt bad about not running out on time. Derek was left confused but once they had her in the car he quickly drove off to the hospital.

“Never change Santiago, never change.”

They got towards the hospital in record time with Derek speeding Santi had Olivia out of the car running towards the hospital getting blood all over his arms but he didn’t care. As he ran into the lobby everyone stared at him before noticing Olivia and they started to run quickly over to him helping them. Derek came up behind them watching Olivia be placed down on a bed and pushed towards a room. He noticed Scott’s mother looking over at him giving him a head nod running towards Olivia and Santi looked over at Derek with furrowed eyebrows.

“I think we start talking about what happened these past two years.” He said as Derek looked over at him with a small tiny smirk before shaking his head.

“Kid, once you start spilling your secrets I’ll start spilling this towns.”
~~*~~

Olivia was laying on the hospital bed with a heavy sigh looking down at her bandage legs before looking up at the pretty tan skinned nurse. She sent her a motherly smile fixing her bandages making Olivia automatically miss her own mother.

“Want to tell me what happened with your hand?” She asked “Your cheek and your lip.” Olivia probably did look worse for wear but that doesn’t mean she was ready to tell this lady all of her secrets.

“The hand is Derek Hale’s fault.” She said as the woman looked over to her in shock or maybe disappointment. “He keeps sneaking up behind people and I punched him in the face by mistake.” She shrugged her shoulders. “All it needs is ice and some rest.”

“Your face?” She asked making Olivia look away from her. “Olivia legally I am supposed to tell the police if anything bad is happening to you but it is after all your choice to press chargers.”

Olivia thought of her telling on her father but the idea quickly vanished from her mind just as the mental image of telling the police that her father was smacking her around every time he didn’t agree with anything she does in the supernatural world. Yeah she’d be thrown away in the loony bin as fast as the words slipped out of her mouth.

“I’m perfectly okay, I have a younger brother and we play sports. Sometimes things get rough I swear to you uh...”

“Melissa.” She said with a small smile Olivia could tell she didn’t believe her but as long as she didn’t snoop they will be fine.

“Melissa, I swear I am fine.”

“Santi is your brother right? He seems like a great kid him and Scott seem to get along.” Olivia eyebrows rose she really didn’t know that but she did tell him to get to be friends with him.

“That’s great Scott can come over whenever he feels like it!” She said with a smile. “And I’ll be sure they do their homework.” Melissa started laughing at Olivia before nodding her head. “Will my legs be all messed up for the rest of my life?” Melissa shook her head.

“No you’ll have pretty legs again, just maybe one or two scars but they’ll be little things don’t worry.” She said with a smile and Olivia looked down at her legs before looking up at Melissa.

“Are you sure? It feels like I gave birth.” Melissa started laughing at her before shaking her head at the younger woman.

“Trust me that is nothing compare to giving birth you will know one day.” She said with a smile walking out of the room causing Olivia to sigh looking around the room wishing she was a werewolf too so she wouldn’t be stuck there lying around like a fool. She would be healed up and out of there in no time but here she is a human and had to sleep off the pain. As she was closing her eyes the door opened to Derek and Santi walking in and she sent them a smile.

“Derek please take his ass to school.” She said while yawning before snuggling into her pillow with her eyes shut falling in a deep sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Y'all are amazing just so you know, I hope you like the chapter.